Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post

I liked Sasha Cohen's Swan Lakes better in the first part of the season, when she was wearing the back-swan/white-swan dress. This performance was pretty good.
    I was there for this one! It was even more divine in person. She was my absolute favorite skater at the time -good grief, I would've been 14!- but I was so completely in awe. Definitely a pretty princess in the best of ways!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by personwhoishere View Post
    I was there for this one! It was even more divine in person. She was my absolute favorite skater at the time -good grief, I would've been 14!- but I was so completely in awe. Definitely a pretty princess in the best of ways!
    Completely in awe says it well.

vCash
    Whoever said Sarah Meier, yes! She was one of my favorites, I still miss her...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post
    Why would you associate "delicate" and "weak"?
    Pretty Princesses also are the ones who pay attention to details: in choregraphy, dressing, hair, overall presentation. I for one appreciate the effort and value the self esteem.
    Delicacy takes a great deal of strength.
    That's been the way I've always defined the term, also.

vCash
    I don't define "pretty princess" as a good or a bad thing, more a combination of body type and skating style. Fleming, Gordeeva, and Robinson have a delicate appearance and a lyrical skating style so I would define them as such.

Joannie Rochette is very feminine and lyrical, but I think of her more as an athletic skater because of her body type and big jumps. Yuna Kim has a very delicate appearance but is a power skater, so I would classify her as an athletic skater as well. It certainly doesn't imply that either lady is lacking in grace or femininity, it simply isn't their defining characteristic in my mind.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123