View Poll Results: How many men/women/pairs Olympic medalists will skate clean?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-3 will skate without any falls

16 50.00%
  • 4-6 will skate without any falls

11 34.38%
  • 7-9 will skate without any falls

2 6.25%
  • No Olympic medalist will fall

1 3.13%
  • They're all going to fall at least once

2 6.25%

vCash

How many Olympic medalists (men/women/pairs) will skate clean?

I'd love for all the Olympic medalists to have mistake free short and long programs, but I anticipate a fall or two (or seven or eight).

I'm wondering how you all think the men, women, and pairs will skate.

Will it be a fall free Olympics?

vCash
    I am going to go out on a limb and call Voloszhar & Trankov and Kim winning gold with clean performance, and Julia L. winning a medal with a clean performance. The other 6 medals will not be won by clean performances.

vCash
    I voted incorrectly. I thought this only considered the gold medalists. I think for gold, D/W and V/T will win with clean programs. Chan will win with one or two falls and Yu-Na will win with 0-1 falls (probably 0, but I don't think clean is completely guaranteed). If V/M win dance they'll also be clean but if S/S wins pairs they won't be (probably one fall). I have no idea about the other men or ladies or the other medalists.. well, besides that if someone besides Chan wins they will have to be clean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb and call Voloszhar & Trankov and Kim winning gold with clean performance, and Julia L. winning a medal with a clean performance. The other 6 medals will not be won by clean performances.
    I think whoever wins the bronze will have to be clean. I think the gold and silver will be between Yuna and Mao, and both will either be clean or mostly clean. I think a clean Julia and a clean Ashley are in the running for the bronze, maybe a clean Akiko, and Carolina is only in the running if she somehow manages to skate a clean performance then and there, which we will have to wait on.

vCash
    And I even took off my rose-coloured glasses before I voted:

No Olympic medalist will fall

vCash
    After how the final group of Ladies skated in Vancouver i expect this time it will be more like 1992. A splatfest.

vCash
    I don't want to jinx it for my faves, so I won't. You can generally count on mistakes in pairs though. I don't think any of the medalers for pairs in 2010 skated completely clean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    I don't want to jinx it for my faves, so I won't. You can generally count on mistakes in pairs though. I don't think any of the medalers for pairs in 2010 skated completely clean.
    This is why I'm okay with V/T winning. At SA, all the teams except V/T had one or more visible errors, and V/T were the only ones who looked Olympics ready. If they're clean, then I have no problem with them winning gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    P/T skated a clean long program.. I don't remember if they made any mistakes in the short though. Anyone?

vCash
    Their short program was clean - they were 4th.