Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Prick Admin
    vCash
    Hosts have been announced

They are Nikolaj Koppel, Pilou Asbæk and Lise Rønne. Koppel and Rønne are TV presenters while Asbæk is an actor most famous internationally for Danish TV series "Borgen".
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    The Shin & Mariko to represent Georgia

But there is more, as the band describes itself: "The Shin’s instrumental theatre is the sound of Georgia’s musical encounter with the world. In The Shin’s music Georgian-style vocal pyrotechnics, intricate polyphony and instrumental virtuosity meets jazz scat, funk and fusion, flamenco, Ravel and Shakti. How does it sound? Sophisticated, surprising, hip, humorous, and always exhilarating – even at its most sensitive. The Shin’s celebratory musical dialogues know no bounds. Listen again and you’ll hear something new each time."
    Sounds a bit worthy, but we shall see.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Their PR people make them sound incredible but: The Shin "Take This Morning"

Ruth Lorenzo has said in an interview that the song uploaded by RTVE is an early demo and that the finished version sounds stronger and more emotive. Still, I think that even if she delivers a 10.00 PE (which she's more than capable of), I think that Brequette has it in the bag.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Ruth Lorenzo has said in an interview that the song uploaded by RTVE is an early demo and that the finished version sounds stronger and more emotive.
    So it's only a bit less crap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Some faith is needed

This is a Spanish preEurovision competition so I won´t be sure of anything until listening them singing live, because there is a big chance of awful, and sPainful performances

Listening the recorded songs, Brequette should win by a mile, but her song is being accused of sounding too much like Swedish Zara Larsson´s uncover

The old traditional of chosing Spanish Eurovision song, every year a new experience
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

vCash
    Talk about polishing a turd.

She shouldn't have given Dannii Minogue "Cos You're Beautiful." It would have made for a perfect Eurovision song.

"Cos You're Beautiful" (penned by Ruth Lorenzo)

Imagine dancers going all out during the chorus and fireworks going on off for each of the 'YOU AREs.'

Oh well, I can dream.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Irish finallists revealed

Eoghan Quigg was on the same series of X Factor as Ruth Lorenzo.

vCash
    Irish finallists revealed

Eoghan Quigg was on the same series of X Factor as Ruth Lorenzo.
    And he made the final. He then got signed to RCA which made him rush release an absolutely abysmal single (Eoghan "28,000 Friends"), which flopped (peaked at number 96 ), followed by an absolutely appalling covers album, which also flopped. And that was the end of 'living the dream' and he was back to school.

vCash
    New version of Tick Tock

I liked the old version better tbh

I watched Malta's semi-final yesterday and this one got a big reaction from the crowd. I wonder if we could have a surprise winner. It's still most likely between Daniel and Jessika.

Melfest's 2nd heat seems really crappy from the previews so I'm not missing anything by watching the Olympics instead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne View Post
    Melfest's 2nd heat seems really crappy from the previews so I'm not missing anything by watching the Olympics instead.
    I just can't miss Melodifestivalen. I'm already watching today's Olympic events on-demand due to having a nap earlier (I'm a bit ill :/) so I am taking a break from SCANDALOUS JUDGING to have some fun for a change.

vCash
    Melodifestivalen - Deltävling 2: Linköping

You can watch the whole thing on-demand and un-geoblocked here: http://www.svtplay.se/video/1761492/...4-deltavling-2 (28:29:30 for Pink Pistols )

Ok, you were totally right Roxanne. This was a disaster and a total waste of time (although Pink Pistols kinda made it worth it in the end).

Nour El-Refai was even more of a nervous mess this time, almost bringing herself to tears at one point after totally messing up her cues.

Helena Paparizou wuzrobbed. She would have easily qualified to the final from this Heat.

1. J.E.M "Love Trigger" (Thomas G:son, Peter Boström, Julimar "J-Son" Santos)

This sounded like something found in Black Eyed Peas' A&R team's bin. And the live vocals were pretty awful. I guess it was upbeat and dance-able at least but bloody hell.

SS 4.25 PE 6.25 CO 4.75

2. The Refreshments "Hallelujah" (Joakim Arnell)

DAD ROCK ALERT. This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill. How do you end up doing this kind of trashy wannabe country crap when you're born in Sweden, out of all places? Cheap wedding band vibes.

SS 2.00 PE 1.25 CO 0.75

3. Manda "Glow" (Joy Deb, Linnea Deb, Melanie Wehbe, Charlie Mason)

Scary pink claws. An abysmal nasal vocal. 'We all glow.' Such an inspiring anti-bullying message, blah blah blah blah. Go away.

SS 1.75 PE 2.75 CO 2.25

4. Panetoz "Efter solsken" (After the sunshine) (Johan Hirvi, Mats Lie Skåre, Nebeyu Baheru, Njol Badjie, Pa Modou Badjie)

Well, this was no "Dansa Pausa." It was fun and upbeat and they had good energy on stage but it was quite forgettable.

SS 5.25 PE 6.25 CO 5.00

5. Pink Pistols "I Am Somebody" (Joakim Törnqvist, Nestor Geli, Per Ivar Hed, Susie Päivärinta, Tord Bäckström)

Two drag queens and two camp gay guys. Singing a euphoric, HI-NRG power pop banger. YES! YES! YES!

F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S

SS 6.75 PE 7.75 CO 6.75

6. Sanna Nielsen "Undo" (Fredrik Kempe, David Kreuger, Hamed "K-One" Pirouzpanah)

A big power ballad. Initially, very much but then it exploded into a big crescendo. People will probably love this but it was quite bland and predictable.

SS 6.25 PE 6.00 CO 4.50

7. Little Great Things "Set Yourself Free" (Charlie Grönvall, Cristoffer Wernqvist, Felix Grönvall, Adam Dahlström)

An emo pop rock band for 'rebellious' teenagers who lock themselves in their room because their mum told them to do their homework. Great.

An annoyingly nasal vocal. The music was a bit of a racket (and not in a good way).

SS 4.00 PE 6.50 CO 4.25

8. Martin Stenmarck "När änglarna går hem" (When the angels go home) (Andreas Öhrn, Alexander Bard, Martin Stenmarck, Peter Boström)

This was very bizarre. Started like a ballad then going to mid-tempo and eventually going upbeat. It was like a pop rock styling for an essentially euro trash track. His voice was very croaky and sorry to say but he's very much past it.

SS 4.75 PE 5.75 CO 5.25

Here are the votes of the Moldovan jury:

To the Final:
    1. Pink Pistols "I Am Somebody"
    2. Panetoz "Efter solsken"

To Andra Chansen
    3. J.E.M. "Love Trigger" (or them to the Final and Panetoz to Andra Chansen - I'd be cool with either happening)
    4. Martin Stenmarck "När änglarna går hem"

Piss off home, please, thanks:
    5. Sanna Nielsen "Undo"
    6. Little Great Things "Set Yourself Free"
    7. Manda "Glow"
    8. The Refreshments "Hallelujah"
    Last edited by Ziggy; 02-09-2014 at 06:28 AM.

vCash
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Screw you, ungrateful Swedish public.

First three songs are out:
    7. Pink Pistols "I Am Somebody"
    8. Manda "Glow"

Once again my favourite song ends up eliminated straight away. *cries quietly in the corner*

vCash
    Sanna Nielsen was the first (although announced in no particular order) to make it through to the final, as predicted. A big power ballad, tugging at the heartstrings, performed quite well. I don't think it can challenge YOHIO but I can see this placing top 3 in the final.

J.E.M. and Martin Stenmarck went through to Andra Chansen, which sounds about right.

THANK SATAN that The Refreshments didn't make it anywhere other than back to performing at provincial weddings. Phew! Panetoz are fun and I'm glad they made it.

Full results:

To the Final
    1/2. Sanna Nielsen "Undo"
    1/2. Panetoz "Efter solsken"

To Andra Chansen:
    3/4. J.E.M "Love Trigger"
    3/4. Martin Stenmarck "När änglarna går hem"

Off home:
    5. The Refreshments "Hallelujah"
    7. Pink Pistols "I Am Somebody"
    8. Manda "Glow"

vCash
    Hypnotica won the televote but since the jury has most of the power in Malta this won instead. It's the most boring song so far.

vCash
    Hypnotica won the televote but since the jury has most of the power in Malta this won instead. It's the most boring song so far.
    Maltese juries always end up selecting the most boring crap.

vCash
    New version of Tick Tock

I liked the old version better tbh
    I think the song is so appalling that changing the arrangement isn't going to help either way.

I like this version more, though. This song is just so cheap and gaudy and they made it sound a bit more sophisticated and highlighted her vocals better.

vCash
    Irish songs:

1. Patricia Roe "Don't Hold On"
    2. Eoghan Quigg "The Movie Song" - abysmal
    3. Can-linn feat. Kasey Smith "Heartbeat" - ethno mid-tempo, a bit middle of the road but at least it doesn't put you to sleep
    4. Andrew Mann "Be Mine" - we're back to de heydies!
    5. Laura O'Neill "You Don't Remember Me"

Oh Ireland, you really don't want to make it to the final this year. I would go with Can-linn. It's not great but at least it's got some kind of character.

---

In Poland, the selection will be internal and gossip websites have been speculating that Edyta Górniak might be back. She won't be. Speculation doing the rounds at the moment is that Donatan & Cleo's smash hit "My Słowianie" will be entered. They have just released the English version entitled "Slavic Girls" for the German, Austrian and Swiss markets. It's an appalling song about how hot Slavic girls are and how they know how to twerk. But you cannot deny it's really catchy. The English video is not pon de internet yet but here's the original:
    Donatan & Cleo "My Słowianie"

If it really was entered, somehow I think it'd not make the final, like "Igranka" last year. It'd only appeal to a narrow demographic and definitely not to the jurors who prefer safe and predictable songs.

vCash
    But at least the old version was somewhat catchy. The new version is just her going ooooo the whole time. I think Ukraine will be out of the top 10 this time. At least, I hope so.

When are we going to find out what Poland's entry is?

edit: Yikes, I could see Poland getting last in the semi final with that.

vCash
    When are we going to find out what Poland's entry is?
    It's the usual mess with nobody knowing anything (despite the Polish OGAE club being in a very good relationship with TVP).

There are no official plans for the song's presentation (come on, even Macedonia is doing it) and all that's been said is that the decision is 'supposed to' be made and announced before the end of this month.

vCash
    Some news (or old news):

Eurovision has concluded their investigation into Azeri vote buying and... surprise surprise everything is ok, no evidence of any wrongdoing, the scores were legit, blah blah blah. Well to be precise, apparently the system 'noticed' irregularities and those votes weren't counted. Even though everything is hunky dory, they have put some procedures and algorithms in place regarding that.

Speaking of vote buying, in Lithuania one of the contestants in their huge Eurovision selection has been eliminated after it was revealed the phone operator rigged the votes in his favour.

Softengine are going to re-record their song with a proper producer, now they got a record deal, as they admitted the version they performed in UMK was rushed.

Interestingly, everybody will be performing two original songs in the German final.

Azeri pre-selections are hilarious. It's like a bad karaoke show and it's all about finding a decent enough singer, they could then package properly sparing no expense.

There will be four artists in the modest "budget" Greek final again.

There are rumours of Turkey returning next year.

Spanish final will take place on 22nd February.

Six acts made it through the first Estonian semi-final.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast