Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Prick Admin
    vCash
    I saw a post on a Eurovision board saying "Apparently she's a really well known skater."

Errr, not so much.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Who is she? She seems to be a barely competent adult skater. Bilan at least had Plushenko. What a mess.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Eurovision "hot bed of sodomy" claims petition

Well, duh!

Austria's Eurovision entry Conchita Wurst is facing a transphobic backlash online, with one petition calling the contest a "hotbed of sodomy".

The bearded drag artist, real name Tom Neuwirth, is preparing to take to the stage in Copenhagen next month with power ballad "Rise Like A Phoenix".

But conservative protesters in Russia, Armenia and Belarus are battling to see Wurst's performance banned.

Reuters reports that a 2013 Russian petition signed by more than 15,000 people requested the state broadcaster to remove Eurovision from its TV schedule.

"Austria will be represented in Eurovision 2014 by the transvestite contestant Conchita Wurst, who leads the lifestyle inapplicable for Russians [sic]," the All-Russian Parent Meeting petition read.

"The popular international competition that our children will be watching has become a hotbed of sodomy at the initiation of the European liberals.

"Russia is one of the only European countries that has managed to maintain normal and healthy family values based on love and mutual support between men and women."
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash

vCash
    PML. I hope that these groups know that the more attention they bring to Conchita, the more likely she is to succeed at Eurovision. I hope she rises like a phoenix from the Eurovision hot bed of sodomy and doesn't undo the sad of those closed minded fools

vCash
    Fortunately Armenia, Belarus and Russia do not have the option of cutting to the commercials when Conchita Wurst is about to take the stage. They either show Eurovision in full or not at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are 'unforeseen technical problems' when Austria is about to perform and if that happens, I really hope EBU takes action and doesn't allow them to just get away with it.

Rising like a phoenix
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Fortunately Armenia, Belarus and Russia do not have the option of cutting to the commercials when Conchita Wurst is about to take the stage. They either show Eurovision in full or not at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are 'unforeseen technical problems' when Austria is about to perform and if that happens, I really hope EBU takes action and doesn't allow them to just get away with it.
    I am being very sarcastic about what is going to happen. I am pretty much sure that either 1) the TV satellite will unexpectedly fail 2) there will be some urgent news about sanctions 3) they will simply show some commercial (Ziggy, you really think Russia cares about any laws and rules anymore?). Though I don't really like Austrian entry much, it's all about freedom.

PS On the side note: my Mr FFA has recently returned from Germany and France and while his group was living in one of the hotels in Germany, they could see the LGBT flag hanging on the windows of the opposite hotel. Do you know what happenned next? All the group (Russians they were all of them) rushed to the computer to check if this is really an LGBT friendly hotel. I bet someone from the hotel staff was quite shocked.
    We are unity and we are unstoppable!

Rising like a phoenix
    vCash
    Slovenian votes finalised and sent

vCash
    Poland seems to have one of the best visualisations so far. They look great are in character of the song and utilise the video in a clever way.

The dancers looked very anaemic, however. For such a high energy song, you'd really want something sharper. I guess they are using the "Mazowsze" traditional folk group so no popping or locking from them.

Quote Originally Posted by FarFarAway View Post
    I am being very sarcastic about what is going to happen. I am pretty much sure that either 1) the TV satellite will unexpectedly fail 2) there will be some urgent news about sanctions 3) they will simply show some commercial (Ziggy, you really think Russia cares about any laws and rules anymore?). Though I don't really like Austrian entry much, it's all about freedom.
    Which is why I hope that EBU would impose some kind of fine/sanction.

When Lebanon was supposed to return to Eurovision and even picked a singer and song IIRC, it was revealed that they planned to cut to the commercial during the Israeli performance and they ended up getting chucked out.

vCash
    I find it very very double standard is Cinchita is concerned offensive and the Polish semifinal video is not. And I am as serious as one can be in an Eurovision thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    I find it very very double standard is Cinchita is concerned offensive and the Polish semifinal video is not. And I am as serious as one can be in an Eurovision thread.
    Women being treated as sex objects is definitely consistent with 'traditional values.'

Prick Admin
    vCash
    As Russia and Armenia are not participating in Semi 2, they are under no obligation to broadcast any of it. It will be another matter if Conchita qualifies for the final.

Belarussian TV on the other hand could face sanctions if they don't show her.

PS On the side note: my Mr FFA has recently returned from Germany and France and while his group was living in one of the hotels in Germany, they could see the LGBT flag hanging on the windows of the opposite hotel. Do you know what happenned next? All the group (Russians they were all of them) rushed to the computer to check if this is really an LGBT friendly hotel. I bet someone from the hotel staff was quite shocked.
    Well all hotels in the EU have to be LGBT friendly by law. Whether they hang a flag outside is up to them.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Only now got to see the results... Lithuania and Georgia were last in semi 2?? Both were in my top 3. FSU has poor, poor taste.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Only now got to see the results... Lithuania and Georgia were last in semi 2?? Both were in my top 3. FSU has poor, poor taste.
    Oh poor Hanna!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Even if they were the only two songs in the contest, I can't imagine having Georgia or Lithuania in my Top 3. Or Top 10. Or Top 30.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Even if they were the only two songs in the contest, I can't imagine having Georgia or Lithuania in my Top 3. Or Top 10. Or Top 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    If it is Latvia, my taste of music is very FSU mediocre. I had all the other countries so far.
    My taste has to be very questionable as well as I just listened to Latvia for the first time and loved it immediately. Well, the lyrics may be a bit questionable, but at least it's groovy.

BTW isn't Ireland's song a complete ripoff of last year's winner (thought it sounded familiar before but only now realized this)?
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

Rising like a phoenix
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Which is why I hope that EBU would impose some kind of fine/sanction.
    And what? I am being quite serious now, Ziggy.

As Russia and Armenia are not participating in Semi 2, they are under no obligation to broadcast any of it. It will be another matter if Conchita qualifies for the final.

Belarussian TV on the other hand could face sanctions if they don't show her.
    I couldn't care any less about Russian TV broadcasting certain semifinals. I doubt I'll be watching it this year on TV, there's always internet broadcast without all those stupid remarks of the commentators. But now you've mentioned it, I do wish Conchita qualifies for the final. If not his singing, I love his beard, I really do.

Well all hotels in the EU have to be LGBT friendly by law. Whether they hang a flag outside is up to them.
    Fact is, I wouldn't even raise an eyebrow seeing the flag, especially considering I am gay myself. However, what shocked me was the reaction of the certain group of people. It seemed very barbarian to me. Sorry for the offtopic.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Today was the 20th anniversary of the first performance of "Riverdance" as the interval act at the 1994 Eurovision in Dublin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0v_pu6miJ8

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Eurovision Matchmaker

I got Slovenia, Estonia and Sweden! WTF? Undo my sad!

vCash
    Albania, Estonia and Moldova - I'm not excited either ...

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast