Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    "Cake to Bake" is just . How totally random!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne View Post
    You can listen to Latvia's songs here http://www.ltv.lv/lv/eirovizija/sadaljas/dziesmas/

I hope Cake to Bake wins
    The text is so wtf that it's amazing .

Btw, surprise, surprise, Poland returns to ESC in 2014!

vCash
    Wow, I can't believe it!

I hope that this time they can stage a PROPER national selection.

Last time, it was the biggest WTF ever. It was a concert held on Valentine's Day and there was a talking heart, which looked like bad website graphic design from the 80s, which kept pitching in 'funny' comments. There were loads of guests, performing in between the contestants which probably totally confused the average viewer with regards to who was in the running and who was just performing there. The stage was a few meters squared and the production quality was terrible, even though it was taking place in a newly built studio. And of course everybody who was taking part was bottom of the barrel crap. It was a complete and utter mess but then TVP (Polish state broadcaster) is really shit.

The Voice of Poland has been running for like two years over here now on TVP 2 so maybe they're going to pick one of the winners/finalists?

vCash
    This is old news but it's only come to my attention now how much drama there was following the Army of Lovers re-union.

Following Melodifestivalen La Camilla was replaced by Dominika Peczynski and Army of Lovers wrote a hilariously bitchy open letter to the former.

http://www.armyoflovers.se/army-of-l...santa-camilla/

My favourite parts:

Your performance at Melodifestivalen in Malmö – from Your fabulous entrance to Your royally ignorant attitude towards even hitting the lipsynching right – make Yours quite possibly the ultimate Army Of Lovers performance ever. Who cares about rehearsing properly in advance, or hitting the right notes, when the world really revolves around the Art of Entries and Exits?

You are the proudest Ambassador of the Heritage of Milli Vanilli, and for this we herald You as Our Eternal Queen of Punk!

We therefore today proudly declare Dominika to be La Dominika, and in return we award You the Ascension from La Camilla to Santa Camilla, The Enlightened Global Consciousness of Femme Fatale Hysteria, Our Living Saint!

vCash
    And we have our first winner!

Ukraine will be represented by Maria Yaremchuk performing the lowest common denominator, terribad 'Tick-Tock'.

Ukraine has always treated Eurovision very seriously, sending decent songs and has had a very successful run in recent years. Unless Yaremchuk shoots fireworks out of her arse, I think their luck is over. Although having said that, with a proper production anything is possible.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    You underestimate Ukraine-ment at your peril!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    You underestimate Ukraine-ment at your peril!
    Which is why I ended up adding that production caveat. I hate the song but give me glass boxes with dancers inside/rotating wheels + being carried around and driven in a carriage/a giant lifting the singer/and so on and so forth and I am sold.

vCash
    Since it's fecking bloody Xmas, let us remind ourselves of one of the best, quintessential, fabulously kitsch and over-the-top Eurovision song that Olexandr Lukashenko no doubt hums every morning while shaving:

Anastasiya Vinnikova - I Love Belarus (2011 Eurovision - Belarus)

vCash
    Albania's song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEH0iDktSNc

It's not bad but I feel like it's not catchy enough for Eurovision. If it wasn't for the fact that the semis will have only 15-16 songs, I would say this is a sure non-qualifier.

vCash
    Albania's song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEH0iDktSNc

It's not bad but I feel like it's not catchy enough for Eurovision. If it wasn't for the fact that the semis will have only 15-16 songs, I would say this is a sure non-qualifier.
    Ha, I was about to post it .
    Well, the song is a bit dated, but has a definite ESC-feel to it. This may be a surprise (or not so surprise) qualifier...

vCash
    It sounds very dated. But let's remember that Albanian songs often change completely between Festivali i Këngës and being revealed as the official entry, to the point they are hardly recognizable. I would imagine this has going to get spiced up a lot.

vCash
    On a different note, the first ever Turkvizyon has taken place last week.

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C3%BC...g_Contest_2013 (great for expanding your knowledge of geography! ^^)

Due to technical problems, public voting was scrapped and only the jury votes counted (that's a good start ). Which was very convenient for AZE.

The results were:
    1. Azerbeijan 210 points (you can imagine what's being said about this result )
    2. Belarus 205 points
    3. Ukraine 200 points
    4. Tatarstan 192 points
    5. Altai 189 points
    6. Turkey 187 points
    7. Bosnia & Herzegovina 187 points
    8. Kyrgyztan 183 points
    9. Kazakhstan 178 points
    10. Northern Cyprus 175 points
    11. Uzbekistan 173 points
    12. Kosovo 151 points

The next Turkvizyon will take place in Kazan, Tatarstan's capital.

On a different note, Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2014 (that hardly anybody cares about) will take place in Malta, which won it on 30 November, resulting in huge public support. So far only five countries confirmed taking part: Ukraine, Russia, Sweden, Netherlands and Malta. EBU is trying to persuade a few others. Norway is out.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 12-29-2013 at 12:52 AM.

vCash
    Sorry for the spam.

Last two pieces of news I found: Poland will select the participant internally (probably for the best given how crap the public selection used to be ) and it will be announced in February.

It's also been revealed that Poland decided to return after negotiating the reduction of the participation fee.

Bosnia&Herzegovina is definitely out as they haven't managed to raise enough funds for the said fee.

vCash

vCash
    No song announced here as well, but May Feingold is the one who is going to represent Israel in ESC.
    May was a finalist in 2012 Star is Born, Israel's version of The American Idol.

vCash
    This is what Belarus chose http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXYkGpaiKcs

of course, they'll end up changing it so it doesn't matter.

vCash
    WTF!!!

vCash
    This is what Belarus chose http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXYkGpaiKcs

of course, they'll end up changing it so it doesn't matter.
    It seems that singing about cakes and baking is very in this season . They will change it anyway (maybe into "Apple Pie" or "Crumble"?).

vCash
    It's such a scam. First the Belarussan TV makes $$$ from people voting for the 'winner' and then somebody gives a big fat bribe to Lukashenko and become the real entrant.

vCash
    http://www.esctoday.com/73969/eurovi...-draw-results/

San Marino isn't making it out of the semi-final again. Poor Valentina is up against so many countries that normally qualify and doesn't even have Italy to help her. I was hoping San Marino would be in the smaller semi-final.
    Portugal maybe has a tiny chance of making the final if they have a really good song because Spain is voting in their semi.

The other semi is bit more unpredictable. I'm sure Romania, Georgia,and Greece will go through. And probably Norway and Ireland(because UK is voting in their semi) The other 5 could be anything. I'd love to see Poland qualify but they are in the first half.

It's not completely official yet but this will most likely be Italy's song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEs7rYSnB98 I like it

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast