Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    And Axel Hirsoux wins by a massive landslide.

Between the over-the-top wailing, the overly dramatik music and every single cliché you can think of in the lyrics, it's basically a joke entry. Lowest common denominator much?

I am now really worried this is going to place top 5 or even win in Copenhagen.

Dilara's voice is great. After watching her Boyuk Sehne performance of "Mercy", I really wanted her to be given a song in that vain, with some sass and attitude. But it looks like Azerbeijan has ordered a song from Stefan Örn ages ago.

vCash
    I detest Belgium's entry. Probably my least favorite. I bet it will get a lot of votes from people simply because it's so ridiculous. Ugh.

Azerbaijan's song is growing on me. Her voice is so good.

Two more days until we hear Conchita's song! I'm excited!

vCash
    Axel Hirsoux and his creepy ballad praising (his) mother .

Azerbaijani song .

Albania - from one of my favourite songs to one of the anti-favourites. The video is really ridiculous (the parachute guy was so random I couldn't stop laughing) and the song shouldn't have been translated into English. You can hardly make out the lyrics... Such a shame!

Waiting for Conchita!

vCash
    Albania did the same mistake with "Feel the Passion." It sounded fantastic in Albanian and terrible in English and in the end they didn't manage to qualify.

vCash
    New version of Tick Tock

The lyrics are still terrible but I have to admit that Ukraine is my guilty pleasure this year. I've been listening to the new version on repeat since it came out.

Denmark drew #23 today. I'm so upset that a second half spot is wasted on Denmark. I'm really hoping that Germany and UK get the other two second halfs.
    Last edited by Roxanne; 03-17-2014 at 08:43 PM.

vCash
    It's a much more professional production. The original version was just . But then it lost its 'crazy fun' aspect. And it's still a pretty appalling composition so I think that only the 'solidarity/pity votes' can save it, sorry.

All of the songs have been confirmed now. Austria is premièring its track later today and Russia's entry is called "Shine." "Slavic Girls" is now confirmed to be performed in a bilingual English/Polish version and "Moj Svijet" is confirmed to be performed in Montenegrin (good choice!). Macedonian (F.Y.R.O.M.-ian screams a crazy Greek person as they hit me over the head) "To the Sky" will be performed in English (a good decision as well).

Some more videos have been added as well:
    Netherlands - The Common Linnets "Calm After the Storm" - (a pretty video though)
    Slovenia - Tinkara Kovač - "Spet / Round And Round" - no video budget
    Finland - Softengine "Something Better" - why did they upload the actual live version considering he's been ill and his vocals sound pretty awful?
    Switzerland - Sebalter "Hunter of Stars" - this song just confuses me
    Norway - Carl Espen "Silent Storm" - I don't like the video, it just looks cheap
    Last edited by Ziggy; 03-18-2014 at 02:24 AM.

vCash
    Ta-dah, Conchita wants to Rise Like a Phoenix with this Bond-esque song. I know it's very cliched, but I like it. And she looks gorgeous!
    Btw, my favourite comment posted on youtube says: "Valentina Monetta was supposed to sing this next year..." 

vCash
    Some more comments:

a) there's a real drama in Portugal at the moment, as people claim the voting was rigged and Suzy's producer bought the votes which should have gone to Catarina Pereira instead. There's even a petition one can sign online, but, most probably, it will change nothing and we'll have to endure this pseudo-Lambada trash in Copenhagen...

b) Ziggy, apparently, there will a "true" video for the Slovenian song...

c) I usually hate country music, but I adore The Common Linnets and hope they'll qualify. The video is simple, but very efficient.

d) the Swiss song is still for me...

e) so are our "Slavic Girls"

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I'm holding off on listening to any of the songs until they are all public. Hurry the feck up Russia!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Conchita is FANTASTIC! Really powerful vocals and that song would indeed be perfect for a James Bond movie. I am worried this might not get out of the semi-finals because of people being ignorant assholes.

I actually love indie folk and americana/country but I really dislike the Dutch entry. It's just so flat and lifeless. The video is indeed stunning though. Simple but very stylish and effective.

Lots of new videos uploaded again. Only the Russian video is missing now.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 03-18-2014 at 07:44 PM.

vCash
    I almost wish I didn't like Conchita's song because I'm going to be sad when it doesn't qualify. I can't wait to see what the staging will be like.

The lyrics for Russia's song are on the site already http://www.eurovision.tv/event/lyric...883&song=31183

It's by the same people who did Hold Me so I'm not sure that I'm going to like it...

vCash
    It's probably going to be a dull and bland piece of crap exactly like their entry last year.

I can't wait for it to be uploaded so that I can start hating it already.

P.S. I hope we're doing the FSU Eurovision poll again and I want to be Sweden.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

P.S. I hope we're doing the FSU Eurovision poll again and I want to be Sweden.
    If enough people ask for it, you can be whatever you want.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Allezfred, you can start listening to all the songs now . Here's Shine by The Tolmachevy Sisters, which is exactly what was predicted: a dull, generic, bland ballad with boring lyrics.
    Best comment:
    Poster 1: "12 points will go to Russia"
    Poster 2: "In total" .

I also want to take part in FSU ESC. I can be Poland again (but thank you, San Marino, for giving me a chance to judge the last 2 years ).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    Allezfred, you can start listening to all the songs now . Here's Shine by The Tolmachevy Sisters, which is exactly what was predicted: a dull, generic, bland ballad with boring lyrics.
    Best comment:
    Poster 1: "12 points will go to Russia"
    Poster 2: "In total"
    Thanks for the link, but the song is totally

I'm in for Ukraine in the FSU Eurovision contest, if allezfred is willing to organize.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    I haven't been following too closely yet, but is Bulgaria in this year? If so, I'm in!
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    I haven't been following too closely yet, but is Bulgaria in this year? If so, I'm in!
    No Bulgaria this year

I want to be Montenegro.

Russia's song was exactly what I expected it to be. It would be nice if it didn't qualify but I doubt that will happen.

vCash
    Conchita is pretty good. If I can vote for her durine the Semi I might be tempted to.

I'd like to be Greece.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    I'd like to be Latvia, please.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne View Post
    No Bulgaria this year

I want to be Montenegro.

Russia's song was exactly what I expected it to be. It would be nice if it didn't qualify but I doubt that will happen.
    Aw, poop. OK, I guess I’ll wait to see what’s left, I don’t want to take someone’s country, that would be too Putin-esque.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast