Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    S&S need more political support
    If you can find a judge to bribe we can all make a donation !.

Let It Snow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post
    If you can find a judge to bribe we can all make a donation !.
    Ha! That's adds new content to the expression fan support.

vCash
    They need Volosozhar and Morozov to get back together so that Trankov gets jealous and has a diva moment and refuses to train.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    They need Volosozhar and Morozov to get back together so that Trankov gets jealous and has a diva moment and refuses to train.
    Quite a soap opera plot turn!
    I have not seen either V/T´s or S/S´s this season´s programs live. One of the judges in NHK Trophy I spoke wit said that V/T live are simply breathtaking. Looking forward to see both of them in a few days in Japan.

vCash
    Actually, Nikolai Morozov should seduce Tatiana ruining that partnership and then in a jealous rage, Elena and Nikita will train their butts off with Shpilband until Sochi!

vCash
    I think we got the answer today. Skate clean and with higher base value than V/T. The 3t 3t seq is one key.

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    I think we got the answer today. Skate clean and with higher base value than V/T. The 3t 3t seq is one key.
    And have V/T make two major jump errors.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    They just need to keep it up. They don't need a 3axel, they need to push the positions and finishing touches now to the limit. Go after 10s in every component, especially transitions. They are one of the only teams capable in the world of deserving a 10 in transitions too, but they'd need to re-work some things. They are right there, it's nice to see a real battle heating up. The LP in particular needs to be more in synch with the music and pushed a bit more emotionally, it's too literal and not enough of the emotion and tension in the music yet IMO. A huge step up in both programs IMO and they definitely won't settle for silver. Personally if them winning the OGM means we get another 4 years of Volosozhar/Trankov, then well.. I'm all for it I do not want to lose both S/S and V/T.

However I do think they completely deserve it on their own merit, they've done every program possible and then some and always seem to fight like tigers when people count them out. I'm going to miss them when they're gone, they've been nothing but a breath of fresh air since that voidy SP they debuted back in 05-06.

vCash
    So happy for Aliona & Robin but kinda sad that it was still so close. V/T made to major errors & still were in touching distance.
    But let's hope Aliona & Robin can get better & better from here. I still believe they can win in Sochi........................maybe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    A huge step up in both programs IMO and they definitely won't settle for silver. Personally if them winning the OGM means we get another 4 years of Volosozhar/Trankov, then well.. I'm all for it I do not want to lose both S/S and V/T.

However I do think they completely deserve it on their own merit, they've done every program possible and then some and always seem to fight like tigers when people count them out. I'm going to miss them when they're gone, they've been nothing but a breath of fresh air since that voidy SP they debuted back in 05-06.
    Thrilled for S/S today. That's the team I know and love.

Funny I feel the same way Karpenko. That maybe if V/T don't win they'll stick around. It's selfish but I don't wanna lose them both either.

To your last sentence I agree 100%. They have been one of the greatest, they have done it all,tried it all, never shyed away from anything. They have done the outrageous, the complex, the dramatic, the beautiful, the heart-wrenching and I've loved every minute of it! They are one of a kind and I will miss them tremendously when they retire, the will leave a big hole no doubt, but this sport, and pairs in general is better and stronger for having had them around. I just feel so lucky we got to have them for so long, yet it's gone by, like everything, much too fast.

vCash
    They need to skate like today ! They have more chemistry to me than V/T but I'm an ice dance fan so what do I know
    I enjoyed S/S more .V/T only comes alive in the last twenty seconds at the music change.

vCash
    In fairness, I think it might actually be physically impossible to not have chemistry with Robin Szolkowy - few partners seem as generous yet still a "leading man" in the partnership.

vCash
    Today shows all the silliness of the talk about the judging all along. V&T were winning every event since they deserved to, and S&S won today just as they deserved to with their wonderful competiion. Whoever skates best will win in Sochi once again.

I do wonder if V&T dont win in Sochi (which I still think they will) if they would stay another 4 years. I would hate the pairs field to lose all of S&S, V&T, and P&T in one fell swoop. It would become almost unwatchable.

vCash
    I think that is my favourite S/S program ever. I confess I've never liked their other programs very much (except for the Frida? program), but this one makes clear their high quality. I have often thought they won titles because of a lack of strong competition (until V/T came along) but with this program, and particularly their performance today, I can see their strength. And you can never say they didn't give it their all... a clean throw at the very end of their programs is what I call brave and gutsy and they are definitely that.

vCash
    That was beautiful! sooooooooo happy for them! hope is still alive.
    S&S are right up there with G&G as my all-time favourite pairs team and I want that OGM for them so badly. I love V&T too, and think they are equally as deserving, but since there can likely only be one winning pair, my heart is pulling for Aliona and Robin.
    Even though their programs transition-wise this year aren't as difficult as in past years, they still lead the field there, imo, and should get credit for that. I hope this victory and beautiful skate gives them a boost. This is going to be an epic battle for the Olympic title and I feel privileged to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Actually, Nikolai Morozov should seduce Tatiana ruining that partnership and then in a jealous rage, Elena and Nikita will train their butts off with Shpilband until Sochi!

vCash
    I kept looking for a thread to gush about how happy I was for them at this comp!! Not just because they won, but because they were clean! Those 3ATh were killing me. And that long set up for it really took away from the short for me. I think their short this weekend was magnificent and breathtaking! And they were so thrilled afterwards! This was the first time this season I've liked them over V/T. I think they're really starting to click with these programs. (I will complain that Robin's shirt was less see-through and his pants were less tight, booo )

Side note: Mozer did an interview (translated somewhere in GSD) where she said V/T will stay in as long as their bodies will let them. That they feel they're just hitting their prime and aren't ready to quit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Today shows all the silliness of the talk about the judging all along. V&T were winning every event since they deserved to, and S&S won today just as they deserved to with their wonderful competiion. Whoever skates best will win in Sochi once again.

I do wonder if V&T dont win in Sochi (which I still think they will) if they would stay another 4 years. I would hate the pairs field to lose all of S&S, V&T, and P&T in one fell swoop. It would become almost unwatchable.
    I would love to believe that, but the reality is V/T made huge errors that couldn't be swept under the rug of "gray area". I think if they skate close V/T would win. With that said P/B got Bronze in dance, so perhaps someone is cracking with whip on all the Russianflation or they're lulling us into a false sense of security.

Like I said V/T deserved all their wins, but it doesn't mean there is a huge judging bias this Olympic season. V/T have been pretty consistent, so you can't expect them to make huge errors again, unless they don't do as well under pressure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    I kept looking for a thread to gush about how happy I was for them at this comp!! Not just because they won, but because they were clean! Those 3ATh were killing me. And that long set up for it really took away from the short for me. I think their short this weekend was magnificent and breathtaking! And they were so thrilled afterwards! This was the first time this season I've liked them over V/T. I think they're really starting to click with these programs. (I will complain that Robin's shirt was less see-through and his pants were less tight, booo )

Side note: Mozer did an interview (translated somewhere in GSD) where she said V/T will stay in as long as their bodies will let them. That they feel they're just hitting their prime and aren't ready to quit.
    I almost fell out of my bed this morning, I was so excited !!!

I don't know how reflective this GPF was of Olympic possibilities, but I'm happy they're back in the game. I'm sad about the throw triple axel. I really wanted them to do it. I would have been a great thing for them to be remembered by, but I'm happy to see their super huge gravity defying throws back and polished. You can tell how much effort they were really putting into it, because all their other elements look so much better now that they've stopped.

vCash
    I am so happy for them. They skated so perfectly clean. I hope they can repeat this in Sochi!

They looked so thrilled during the medal ceremony.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast