View Poll Results: Which Of These New Movies Interest You? (Trailers Below For Viewing)

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • December 13th - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

29 47.54%
  • December 18th - Her - Drama with Joaquin Phoenix, and Amy Adams

16 26.23%
  • December 20th - Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues

14 22.95%
  • December 25th - August: Osage County

20 32.79%
  • December 25th - Grudge Match - Comedy with Sylvester Stallone and Robert De Niro

3 4.92%
  • December 25th - The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - Comedy/fantasy with Ben Stiller and Kristen Wiig

24 39.34%
  • December 25th - The Wolf of Wall Street - Crime drama with Leonardo DiCaprio,

17 27.87%
  • January 10th - Hercules: The Legend Begins - Action adventure with Kellan Lutz

4 6.56%
  • January 17th - Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit - Action adventure with Chris Pine and Kenneth Branagh

9 14.75%
  • February 7th - The LEGO Movie - Family action adventure comedy with Will Arnett and Channing Tatum

7 11.48%
  • February 7th - The Monuments Men - War drama with George Clooney, Matt Damon and Cate Blanchett

15 24.59%
  • February 12th - RoboCop - Action adventure sci-Fi with Gary Oldman and Samuel L. Jackson

9 14.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    BTW - probably relevant to this thread. Anyone else have memberships at cinemas? My local one which is a chain called Hoyts allows you to collect points which you can reimburse at the candy bar or if you have enough you get free tickets. Cost $10 per year but then you get a free ticket when you renew. They have a $10 movie each week. But my local cinema has $10 movies on Sunday too which is about $8-9 off the usual ticket price. They only show the main releases, nothing arthouse. But it is cheap entertainment.
    I have an unlimited movie pass which costs 20€ (roughly 28 USD) monthly. It's definitely worth it, even if you only see 3 movies per month. Having so many theaters in Paris is one of the great advantages of that city, so it would be a pity not to enjoy those. In addition to the multiplexes, the pass gets you access to several small theaters that show "old" movies. That's in one of them that I got to see The Way We Were yesterday. I had never seen any Streisand movie. Didn't know she could act that well. I was very impressed by her.

I lived in Sydney so I do recognize that it was expensive to go to the movies in Oz, but at least, the theaters were always clean, which is not the case in France (especially in multiplexes). Too many despicable people are so disrespectful here: they keep chit-chating during the movie and eat their damn popcorn or crisps so fu**ing noisily!! I just can't stand it. You want to eat, fine, but please do it silently. Sometimes it's better to stay home and watch a dvd. So many of those I have yet to take the time to watch. At last, I watched Frida. Mesmerizing, great aesthetics and music. I loved it. Now I want to watch it on a big screen

vCash
    New Maleficent trailer. Now this is definitely a more interesting trailer!

vCash
    I saw Gia with Angelina Jolie recently. Wasn't clear if I had seen it before, don't think I did. I quite enjoyed it, but they didn't set the story up with why Gia was so wild and unhappy. Something drastic must have happened in her childhood that they didn't show us, something more than her Mom re-marrying and abandoning her daughter. Yes, those things must have been hard on Gia, but lots of people experience that and don't become so brutally self-destructive. Angelina Jolie was spot-on, very clear that she was destined for many more great accomplishments. Nice to see Faye Dunnaway in a small role as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Yep it is expensive. Basically a full price ticket is about $19 and then if it is Xtreme Screen or 3D it is about $22.

Our full price matinee ticket is like, $6.50 I think, except on Tuesdays when all movies are $5 all day and night

Even our video stores are cheap--just $.49 day (for non-blockbusters), with rent one, get one free on Fridays.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post

Our full price matinee ticket is like, $6.50 I think, except on Tuesdays when all movies are $5 all day and night

Even our video stores are cheap--just $.49 day (for non-blockbusters), with rent one, get one free on Fridays.

tell me more about life in the eisenhower administration
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    New Maleficent trailer. Now this is definitely a more interesting trailer!
    Looking forward to this! Love Lana Del Rey's sexy version of "Once Upon a Dream" as well.

Angelina looks like a goddess in that. Maleficent can't get here soon enough!
    Last edited by jenny12; 01-28-2014 at 03:26 AM.

vCash
    I am so excited for that movie it's not even... I cannot contain it. I just cannot. I love Angelina so much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    tell me more about life in the eisenhower administration
    We still have drive-in hamburger joints with car hops that come out to your car on roller skates

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    We still have drive-in hamburger joints with car hops that come out to your car on roller skates
    i dont want to spoil you, but dont place any bets on dewey against truman
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I think Maleficent looks horrible, or at least has the potential to be horrible. The potential was just outrageous but Disney, being that they own it, is doing it their way. I can imagine someone like Guillermo Del Toro doing something amazing with it if he didn't have to work with the strict guidelines Disney probably wants in place.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Wow...Frankenstein is a big stiff!! This weekend's box office chart.

Not only did I, Frankenstein not debut at #1 while not having any big new movie to compete with...it couldn't even make the top five. It debuts at #6 with under 9 million in revenue. And imdb.com says the budget is 65 million. GULP! Ride Along stays in the #1 spot with 21 million for a 10 day total of 75 million. I did not see that coming! Lone Survivor and The Nut Job round out the top three, each taking in over 12 million. The biggest gainer in the top 20 is Dallas Buyer's Club with a +116% increase....but still just two million this week and only a twenty million overall total. The budget is only 5.5 million, so that's not a shabby total box office amount. Maybe with two acting wins at the Oscars they could eventually hit fifty million?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Wow...Frankenstein is a big stiff!! This weekend's box office chart.

Not only did I, Frankenstein not debut at #1 while not having any big new movie to compete with...it couldn't even make the top five. It debuts at #6 with under 9 million in revenue. And imdb.com says the budget is 65 million. GULP! Ride Along stays in the #1 spot with 21 million for a 10 day total of 75 million. I did not see that coming! Lone Survivor and The Nut Job round out the top three, each taking in over 12 million. The biggest gainer in the top 20 is Dallas Buyer's Club with a +116% increase....but still just two million this week and only a twenty million overall total. The budget is only 5.5 million, so that's not a shabby total box office amount. Maybe with two acting wins at the Oscars they could eventually hit fifty million?
    It's competing against the Oscar films, and it can't win. May be in March it will pick up, if it can survive that long. I personally don't care for Frankenstein type movies but I know many others do.

vCash
    Some news followed by a mini-poll:

Elizabeth Banks to direct Pitch Perfect 2
    http://www.tribute.ca/news/index.php...-2/2014/01/28/

This will be Banks' directorial debut. Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson will return for the sequel and it's been written by Kay Cannon who wrote the first Pitch Perfect.

First 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Poster Revealed: 'Mr. Grey Will See You Now'
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-poster-674028

The movie will open on Valentine's Day next year. How romantic.

It's Official: Hugh Jackman Cast as Blackbeard in Warner Bros. Peter Pan Adaptation
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ckbeard-673798

Garrett Hedlund has been offered the role of Captain Hook. Which is your favourite Hedlund movie from the following:

Inside Llewyn Davis
    TRON: Legacy
    Country Strong
    Georgia Rule
    Eragon
    Four Brothers
    Friday Night Lights

vCash
    Four Brothers

Slow cookers:

YAY
    or
    NAY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Four Brothers

Slow cookers:

YAY
    or
    NAY
    Wrong thread?

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    It's competing against the Oscar films, and it can't win. May be in March it will pick up, if it can survive that long. I personally don't care for Frankenstein type movies but I know many others do.
    I wouldn't think there's be much of a crossover audience between the Oscar contenders (which have all been playing for a few weeks at least) and I, Frankenstein.

I think the fact that the movie is reportedly terrible might have more to do with its poor box office showing. (Currently at 5% on Rotten Tomatoes. Ouch!)

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Which Hunger Games Character Are You?

I am Rue. Empathic, independent, straight-forward, introverted...and would treasure the ability to turn invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Slow cookers:

YAY
    or
    NAY
    YAY!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

having a nice day
    vCash
    Neener neener. I am now living close to one of the few remaining drive-in theaters in the USA. The huge dill pickles at the concession stand are still only a dollar.
    Have a nice day!

having a nice day
    vCash
    YAY on slow cookers.

The sole theatre here costs$8.50. No wonder business is slow. That's more than what most folks make an hour :-P
    Have a nice day!

having a nice day
    vCash
    If you have TCM, "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" is on Thursday night. Joan Crawford and Bette Davis in some of the cheeziest cheeze ever written for the big screen big stars. I suggest you don't miss it . It's a hoot and a half.
    Have a nice day!

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast