View Poll Results: Which Of These New Movies Interest You? (Trailers Below For Viewing)

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • December 13th - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

29 47.54%
  • December 18th - Her - Drama with Joaquin Phoenix, and Amy Adams

16 26.23%
  • December 20th - Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues

14 22.95%
  • December 25th - August: Osage County

20 32.79%
  • December 25th - Grudge Match - Comedy with Sylvester Stallone and Robert De Niro

3 4.92%
  • December 25th - The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - Comedy/fantasy with Ben Stiller and Kristen Wiig

24 39.34%
  • December 25th - The Wolf of Wall Street - Crime drama with Leonardo DiCaprio,

17 27.87%
  • January 10th - Hercules: The Legend Begins - Action adventure with Kellan Lutz

4 6.56%
  • January 17th - Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit - Action adventure with Chris Pine and Kenneth Branagh

9 14.75%
  • February 7th - The LEGO Movie - Family action adventure comedy with Will Arnett and Channing Tatum

7 11.48%
  • February 7th - The Monuments Men - War drama with George Clooney, Matt Damon and Cate Blanchett

15 24.59%
  • February 12th - RoboCop - Action adventure sci-Fi with Gary Oldman and Samuel L. Jackson

9 14.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I interpreted the end as her being reborn and having to learn to live life in a new way, a happier way. That was shown in her struggling to take those first few steps after struggling to even stand.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I was too busy being freaked out over her practically drowning. Nothing in that movie freaked me out until she plunged into that river and struggled to get out.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    New movies coming out this week:

January 24th - I, Frankenstein - Horror/thriller with Aaron Eckhart, Bill Nighy, Miranda Otto and Jai Courtney
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxOSPfUw3qw
    3.9 million views

January 24th - Gimme Shelter - Drama with Brendan Fraser, Vanessa Hudgens, Rosario Dawson and James Earl Jones
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjyi_dMhyIs

January 24 - Enemies Closer – Action thriller with Jean-Claude Van Damme, Tom Everett Scott and Orlando Jones
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHrYuULPUuc

January 24 - Run & Jump – Drama with Will Forte
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrM5BfJehfE

Gimme Shelter is on my To See list. I didn't like the first I, Frankenstein trailer and didn't bother to watch this new one. If y'all go see it and rave about it being the best movie of the year, I might reconsider. I'm going to skip the Jean-Claude Van Damme comeback and I was open to Will Forte's movie...the trailer was decent, but not good enough to really grab my attention.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I saw "Cry The Beloved Country" last night. It stars James Earl Jones and Richard Harris. I thought it was a big, award-winning movie but from looking at different sites I see that it didn't even make a million at the box office and didn't get any award nominations of note. I thought the movie was pretty good, about two South African men (one black and one white) who are basically neighbours but have little to no connection because of their races (and maybe their classes as well). And then a random happening bring them together. The performances were great, you would be hard pressed to find two more talented actors. But some of the changes that happened throughout the movie seemed too simple/quick for my liking. But overall I recommend this one.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I was too busy being freaked out over her practically drowning. Nothing in that movie freaked me out until she plunged into that river and struggled to get out.

Spoiler

I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Knights of Badassdom finally came out this week. It's not a bad way to kill an hour and a half. The cast is certainly awesome, and I think its target audience will enjoy it. the Tugg screening had plenty of people and they all seemed to be having fun watching the movie.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    The Wackness - a strange one. Starring Josh Peck, Ben Kingsley and in small roles, Famke Janssen and Mary-Kate Olsen. Another depressing movie about lost people living their lost lives. The acting was good, but the script was quite the downer. Mary-Kate had a TINY role, but she was spot-on. She was also brilliant in Beastly...I have no idea why she doesn't act more. I see from her imdb profile that she did eight episodes in Weeds. I haven't seen that show (but plan to). Has anyone seen her in that? I'm interested to see if she's just as good in this as her other two most recent movies.

Boyz N The Hood (Cuba Gooding Jr., Laurence Fishburne, Angela Bassett, Ice Cube and Morris Chestnut) - This is another one I've been meaning to see for FOREVER. So again, I built it up in my head so that it would have to be the best movie of all time. I liked it, but because my expectations were so high, I felt disappointed. It's good, I recommend it, but I wanted to be able to RAVE about it!!!

Coming Home (Jane Fonda, Jon Voight, Bruce Dern and Robert Carradine) - Same as Boyz N The Hood. My expectations were way too high. Good, but not fantastic. Interesting to see Bruce Dern right at the time he is currently nominated for an Oscar. When will Voigt and Fonda get their comebacks? Voigt doesn't seem to have much coming up, but Fonda has two movies coming out this year. The first is next month's Better Living Through Chemistry which doesn't look as promising as September's This Is Where I Leave You, a comedy that co-stars Rose Byrne, Jason Bateman, Timothy Olyphant, Tina Fey, Abigail Spencer, Connie Britton and Dax Shepard. Maybe not Oscar-worthy material, but a big hit movie on at the top of her resume will help with future roles...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I liked her in Weeds but Weeds wasn't the type of show to allow an actor to shine. It was a GREAT show and I highly recommend it from the first season to the last, however.

I went through IMDB and Amazon and added every Meryl Streep movie ever made into a wish list. Most are quite cheap being so old but a few are around $35 or $40, I assume because they aren't popular enough to be making more copies of. Oh well, I made a wish list and will see how long it takes to get them all. I already had a few but I don't buy a lot of movies so I have to get almost all of them.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Afterlife
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Coming Home (Jane Fonda, Jon Voight, Bruce Dern and Robert Carradine) - Same as Boyz N The Hood. My expectations were way too high. Good, but not fantastic. Interesting to see Bruce Dern right at the time he is currently nominated for an Oscar. When will Voigt and Fonda get their comebacks? Voigt doesn't seem to have much coming up, but Fonda has two movies coming out this year. The first is next month's Better Living Through Chemistry which doesn't look as promising as September's This Is Where I Leave You, a comedy that co-stars Rose Byrne, Jason Bateman, Timothy Olyphant, Tina Fey, Abigail Spencer, Connie Britton and Dax Shepard. Maybe not Oscar-worthy material, but a big hit movie on at the top of her resume will help with future roles...
    I get the feeling that Jane Fonda is only doing what movies/TV (She was in Newsroom) that she wants to. I don't know that she is concerned with a comeback necessarily when you consider technically that is what Monster-In-Law was for her in 2005 when she came out of retirement. She just seems to do what she wants. I think she still has exercise dvds coming out too.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

vCash
    I've never been a fan of Jane Fonda's acting. I really tried. I watched They Shoot Horses, Don't They?, Coming Home, Klute, Julia, Agnes of God. etc. and I always found her acting to be so over-the-top, screechy, and she over uses her hands to the point where they're so distracting. I did, however, liked her in Walk on the Wild Side with Laurence Harvey, Barbara Stanwyck, Capucine, and Anne Baxter. I think that was due to Capucine being so wooden and stilted as an actress that Jane Fonda's over-the-top acting brought some much-needed energy into the movie.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Movie news.

New 'Maleficent' TV Spot: Angelina Jolie Conjures Up More Chaos (Video)
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ngelina-672544

"There is an evil in this world, and I cannot keep you from it." Hmm...when does this come out again?

Meryl Streep Reached Out to Emma Thompson After Oscar Snub (Video)
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...hompson-672479

Meryl: I was really shocked. And I wrote her a long, heartfelt email saying how bad I felt.
    Emma's response: Good.

'Jack Ryan' Franchise in Question After Snub From Younger Moviegoers
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...on-snub-672533

More than a third of the audience was over the age of 50, while only 15 percent was under 25, according to exit-polling service CinemaScore. All told, 63 percent of the audience was over the age of 35.

vCash
    Saw I, Frankenstein today and in say skip it. The movie looks fun but the writing and acting is so bad! And Aaron Eckhart is not good at all believable in this roll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by watchthis!! View Post
    Movie news.

New 'Maleficent' TV Spot: Angelina Jolie Conjures Up More Chaos (Video)
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ngelina-672544

"There is an evil in this world, and I cannot keep you from it." Hmm...when does this come out again?
    I don't think the preview clip has the bite that I was looking for. I really hope the film hasn't been too Disneyfied for the kids.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Saw I, Frankenstein today and in say skip it. The movie looks fun but the writing and acting is so bad! And Aaron Eckhart is not good at all believable in this roll.
    Hmmm whenever I see Aaron Eckhart I still remember him from Thank your for Smoking in which he was fantastic. But that is my image of him.

Tomorrow is cheap movie day at my cinema. Plan on seeing a couple of movies, including Wolf of Wall Street. I also have a free ticket on my movie membership.

BTW - probably relevant to this thread. Anyone else have memberships at cinemas? My local one which is a chain called Hoyts allows you to collect points which you can reimburse at the candy bar or if you have enough you get free tickets. Cost $10 per year but then you get a free ticket when you renew. They have a $10 movie each week. But my local cinema has $10 movies on Sunday too which is about $8-9 off the usual ticket price. They only show the main releases, nothing arthouse. But it is cheap entertainment.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I have 2 movie memberships:
    BowTie - is free and you get 2 points for every movie ticket you buy. 10 pts is free popcorn, 30 pts is free movie. None of my friends have the card, so I get points for them.
    AMC - $10/yr, but then you get a $10 credit for every $100 you spend on tickets and food. They have an annual 'Best Picture Showcase' that costs $70 retail, but $60 with card, and they give you $5/day for concessions on the 2 days of the best pics. I end up buying the tickets for myself and friends, so right off the bat I spend over $100 and get my $10 back.
    Both save me a few dollars for something I do already.

vCash
    I have a membership to the New York Times Film Club, which gives you 12 preview screenings a year and two movie premieres, for $100. The movies range from arthouse flicks to Blockbusters. So for less than $7 a film, it's a really good deal. Only catch is that for popular stuff (i.e. American Hustle), you have to be quick when reserving. I got to go to the August Osage County premiere through the club and since they put me in front (the talent get the good viewing seats) i got good glimpses when they brought Julia Roberts, Harvey Weinstein etc on stage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Hmmm whenever I see Aaron Eckhart I still remember him from Thank your for Smoking in which he was fantastic. But that is my image of him.

Tomorrow is cheap movie day at my cinema. Plan on seeing a couple of movies, including Wolf of Wall Street. I also have a free ticket on my movie membership.

BTW - probably relevant to this thread. Anyone else have memberships at cinemas? My local one which is a chain called Hoyts allows you to collect points which you can reimburse at the candy bar or if you have enough you get free tickets. Cost $10 per year but then you get a free ticket when you renew. They have a $10 movie each week. But my local cinema has $10 movies on Sunday too which is about $8-9 off the usual ticket price. They only show the main releases, nothing arthouse. But it is cheap entertainment.
    It costs $20 to see a movie in Australia!? My goodness, I heard prices were high there but geez.
    -Brian

vCash
    I don't have any memberships. I declined AMC's movie card. I had to spend $100 just to get #10 back. I prefer the freedom to go to other theaters (locally numerous Harkins & Tempe Cinemas- the latter shows slightly old movies, that is after they leave AMC & Harkins). It helps me see more movies, and have more choices of theaters and times.

Even with continuously rising ticket prices, I can see the newest movies for $6 if I go to a morning show (before noon) at an AMC, and Harkins has a matinee rate of $7.00 (or it may be $7.50), so movies are really not that expensive here. I can buy 'anytime' tickets at Costco, which allow me to go to evening shows (which I don't do very often) for matinee prices. If I miss a movie in the regular theaters, I just see it at Tempe Cinemas for $3. The only negative is they don't have stadium seating, so heads can get in the way. The solution is to go to the movie after it's been around at least one week, and then there are enough empty seats to avoid the heads blocking a part of the screen.

I would really like to go to a movie premiere some day though. It sounds like fun.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Cineplex, which owns something like 90% of the movie theatres in Canada, has a membership card that I use. It doesn't cost anything, you get points on every ticket purchase (redeemable for free admissions), and a percent off concession purchases. They also have debit card & credit card tie-ins for earning even more points but I don't have those.

But recently a new Landmark theatre opened within walking distance to me, and mostly I've been going there of late. They have cheaper admission prices all 'round (including $5 Tuesdays!), and they have assigned seats! The only drawback is that they tend to only show the "big" movies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    It costs $20 to see a movie in Australia!? My goodness, I heard prices were high there but geez.
    Yep it is expensive. Basically a full price ticket is about $19 and then if it is Xtreme Screen or 3D it is about $22.

So I go to my local cinema on Sunday where it is $9.90 per ticket (except the special screens at $12.50). Also I buy movie money at my local newsagent which I can use which is $13 per ticket. I always have some of those on hand in case I don't got on Sunday or go to a different location the local cinema chain. If I go with friends I will tell them I will get the movie money.

As for premieres, the only one I went to was Blades of Glory because the rink and distributors were doing some cross promotion which I was involved with. John Heder and Will Arnett were there. Selected audience members (won a radio competition) were able to ask pre-determined questions (part of a Q&A). I never got to ask about how Johnny Weir inspired the costumes in the movie.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast