View Poll Results: Which Of These New Movies Interest You? (Trailers Below For Viewing)

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • December 13th - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

29 47.54%
  • December 18th - Her - Drama with Joaquin Phoenix, and Amy Adams

16 26.23%
  • December 20th - Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues

14 22.95%
  • December 25th - August: Osage County

20 32.79%
  • December 25th - Grudge Match - Comedy with Sylvester Stallone and Robert De Niro

3 4.92%
  • December 25th - The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - Comedy/fantasy with Ben Stiller and Kristen Wiig

24 39.34%
  • December 25th - The Wolf of Wall Street - Crime drama with Leonardo DiCaprio,

17 27.87%
  • January 10th - Hercules: The Legend Begins - Action adventure with Kellan Lutz

4 6.56%
  • January 17th - Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit - Action adventure with Chris Pine and Kenneth Branagh

9 14.75%
  • February 7th - The LEGO Movie - Family action adventure comedy with Will Arnett and Channing Tatum

7 11.48%
  • February 7th - The Monuments Men - War drama with George Clooney, Matt Damon and Cate Blanchett

15 24.59%
  • February 12th - RoboCop - Action adventure sci-Fi with Gary Oldman and Samuel L. Jackson

9 14.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    And I'm always pleased to watch Chris Pine's sleek frame and oh-so-blue eyes. So...a question. Are his eyes REALLY that blue? Or does he always wear blue contact lenses? Have any of you ever met somebody who has eyes NATURALLY that blue??
    If his eyes are that blue, he would have been perfect to play Peeta in the Hunger Games series, but may be he was too old to play the 16-17 year old character. The books constantly refer to Peeta's blue eyes. I had wondered why Josh Hutcherson did not wear blue contacts for that role; not that it would have affected his acting. He played the character well.

It shouldn't be that difficult for any actor to wear different color contacts for a role. Not sure why it's not done more often. IIRC Ryan Gosling chose to wear brown contacts in The Notebook to match his older character who had brown eyes.

I do like really blue eyes, although I don't care much for the rest of Pines' looks.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    This this blurb on the last page of the Cineplex magazine I picked up at the theatre last night:

When it comes to 100th anniversaries in the film world, this one's a biggie - this month marks the 100th anniversary of Charlie Chaplin's first film appearance, and the 100th anniversary of his first appearance as The Tramp, his cane-wielding, bowler hat-wearing alter ego. The two events came just five days apart with the English actor making his screen debut in Making a Living on February 2nd, 1914, and the Tramp's debut coming in Kid Auto Races at Venice on February 7th. Those tight release dates are no surprise when you look at the first year of Chaplin's filmography. He appeared in an astounding 36 movies in 1914 - all of them short films, but still.
    I found both of these films on youtube:

Making A Living - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea0wupYVtIg

Kid Auto Races at Venice - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nUptPWbE88

Both are probably just for Chaplin ubers, but it is interesting to watch (short) films from such an early part of cinematic history. With Making A Living, you can see how Chaplin was on his way to some great stunt work in the future. The editing is definitely top-notch and the camera work is quite good as well.

Kid Auto Races at Venice is supposed to be eleven minutes long, but I could only find a six minute version. I wonder if Chaplin did the Little Tramp in vaudeville because he's got the character down pat for this being the first film appearance of the character. Just the right amount of ham! And again, you can see the daredevil in Chaplin from a few of the shots in this one. I'm sure the audience was gasping and clutching one another during some of the shots in this one!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    It shouldn't be that difficult for any actor to wear different color contacts for a role. Not sure why it's not done more often. IIRC Ryan Gosling chose to wear brown contacts in The Notebook to match his older character who had brown eyes.
    For some actors, wearing contacts is really uncomfortable, and for some it's downright torture. There was a behind-the-scenes bit with Daniel Radcliffe in one of the final Harry Potter DVDs (can't remember if it was part 1 or 2), where he talked about how way back in the Philosopher's Stone they'd tried him with green contacts and they were absolutely agony for him. Fortunately no one insisted that he have green eyes just because the books said he did -- so long as he had "Lily's eyes," the actual colour was less important.

(Just googled and I found a transcript of that conversation. It was on the Part 2 disc.)

vCash
    Some Oscar news/articles:

Oscar best picture horse race to be a photo finish between 'Gravity,' '12 Years,' 'Hustle'
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/...stle-1.1708736

Many of the winners who will take home an Oscar on Sunday have long been forecast, their triumph made seemingly self-evident after months of anticipation. That is, except for one little category: best picture.

The movies vying for a Best Foreign Language Film Oscar (Video)
    http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-26384264

While there is consensus when it comes to which actors will win trophies there is little agreement over who will triumph in some of the other categories.

Egypt: Oscar-nominated The Square never screened at home
    http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-f...where-26388918

The Square (Al Midan) tells the story of revolution in Egypt. It seems to have been suppressed because of its critical depiction of the Egyptian army's role in politics after the 2011 uprising, BBC Monitoring's Egypt analysts say. But authorities insist the film has been held up for administrative reasons, claiming the producers had not filed the correct paperwork.

10 of the all-time best Academy Awards ceremony moments
    http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014...-award-history

Jen, Jack, John, George, Jane, Jennings and even a few whose names don't start with a "J"sound.

10 Critically-Despised Movies You Didn't Know Were Nominated for Oscars (PHOTOS)
    http://news.moviefone.com/2014/01/17...car-nominated/

Come on...Bugsy Malone was fun and The Village was AWESOME! I'm happy I have never had to sit through Norbit, though!

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738