vCash

A mother's heartbreaking dilemma

Saw this on the news and I cannot even imagine this mother's awful predicament. A mother in Edmonton Alberta is being forced to give up both her daughters for adoption. She suffers from MS, and have a spinal injury that left her almost completely paralyzed and she is now in long term care. Her girls are staying with friends who can no longer care for them and the kids father has skipped the country. Sarah Vibert has weeks to find a new pemanant home for her daughters or they will be placed in the fostercare system. Since this story aired she has received many offers of help and is confident a good home will be found soon, but good grief! My heart goes out to her and her daughters. I have two cats that I cannot imagine giving up never mind having to give up two kids. God bless them all and hope the media follows up on this story.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1171853/ed...for-daughters/

vCash
    Awesome Richard Dornbush Rebooted ...hopefully
    ♬ Fabulous Maé Bérénice Méité ♪

vCash
    It is very sad, but there is a silver lining to it. The girls will be cared for lovingly by their adopted parents.Their birth mother can give her love, which cannot be matched by anyone else, but she cannot take care of them due to her own physical disability. Hopefully, even after adoption, the girls will continue to spend some time with their birth mother on a regular basis.

vCash
    I hope she can arrange an open, private adoption. She should get a good lawyer to help ensure communication rights. That would get the state system out of it and let her know that her daughters are okay.