View Poll Results: Which skater(s) have the most loyal fanbase? Their skater/deity can do no wrong.

Voters
248. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mao Asada

37 14.92%
  • Jason Brown

10 4.03%
  • Patrick Chan

27 10.89%
  • Davis/White

24 9.68%
  • Gracie Gold

5 2.02%
  • Yu-Na Kim

89 35.89%
  • Michelle Kwan

95 38.31%
  • Evan Lysacek

4 1.61%
  • Mirai Nagasu

28 11.29%
  • Evgeni Plushenko

44 17.74%
  • Virtue/Moir

94 37.90%
  • Johnny Weir

20 8.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t.mann View Post
    Some Davis/White fans seem to be getting ugly nowadays.
    Despite not being a VM fan myself(like them lukewarmly), I sometimes am hurt by DW fans' harsh comments. lol.
    I adore D/W and feel it's a responsibility of their true fans to be gracious and complimentary to all other competitors. I am so sorry to hear this-PM me with which messages this happened on so I can experience this-not that I don't believe you-I do! All I can say is....shame! Of course, there is a lot to be said for interpretation by the individual reader, and sometimes a message written with one tone of voice can be interpreted in another tone by the reader.

I think those who are offensive are just extremely self-involved for personal reasons and need a good psychologist. Then there are so many of the uber fans who aren't really obnoxious or ugly-they're just so darned persistent. I try to avoid them but there's nothing wrong with being an uber as long as one is simply cheerleading and not undermining or unfairly criticizing the competition.

Not that I have EVER had an ugly thought about a specific skater, team....etc. Oh not...not moi! hahahahaha I really do try to keep it under control.

Here's a poll:

How many of you have written a scathing diatribe (about anything on this board) and then erased it? (Hands are raised...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolore View Post
    Is it really necessary to start a poll that has the only purpose to insult others ?
    Y'all are a bunch of stupidheads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    Here's a poll:

How many of you have written a scathing diatribe (about anything on this board) and then erased it? (Hands are raised...)
    Raise hands. I confess I have never erased anything I wrote on boards nor have I sent #$% messages to anyone.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Of current skaters the most die-hard fandoms are probably D/W, V/M, and Yuna Kim. This makes sense because these skaters perform at such a consistent and high level whenever they compete that the fans feelings are generally justified.

But the Hall of Fame die-hard fandom belongs to Kwan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aglee View Post
    Of current skaters the most die-hard fandoms are probably D/W, V/M, and Yuna Kim. This makes sense because these skaters perform at such a consistent and high level whenever they compete that the fans feelings are generally justified.

But the Hall of Fame die-hard fandom belongs to Kwan.
    I agree. MK can do no wrong as a figure skater and potentially as the future first lady of the State of Rhode Island! Yay!

Comansnala?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theshrew View Post
    It's a pity Yagudin is not in the poll. His fans are the epitome of hypocrisy: don't miss any occasion to criticize Plushenko on lack of transitions, two-feet skating, simple spins,simple footwork, posing, empty programs yet their God (who obviously had the same shortcomings) can do no wrong and is the best skater ever...
    This Yagudin "uber" was desperately rooting for Plushenko, when he entered the ice for LP in Vancouver ...

As for the question, no one will ever beat those big fat halos Kwawn and Kim are walking around with ...

vCash
    Since 2002, I haven't followed figure skating like I once did, so am unaware of how "devoted" skating fans are of skaters post that year. So my vote clearly goes to Michelle Kwan. I would have also voted for Yagudin if he were in the poll.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Anyone want to reconsider their choices based on skating's most recent filled escapades?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Which skater(s) have the most loyal fanbase? Their skater/deity can do no wrong.

Other, please state who.
    I love how you left a couple of your favorites off the poll. Sneaky yes, but clever, not quite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    I love how you left a couple of your favorites off the poll. Sneaky yes, but clever, not quite.
    Oh please, this poll was started in November 2013. Or are you feeling a bit guilty

vCash
    Yuna Kim, 100% sure! Seeing all famous video of her rival in youtube will got at least 1000 dislike!

vCash
    Yu Na Kim fans are very reasonable and fair.

Kwan fans were awful and crazy when she competed but since her retirement she seems to have mostly really good fans. I wonder if they are the same people are mellowed with her retirement, or they are the good fans who always existed and were just overshadowed by the crazies when she used to compete, who now retired from skating with Kwan's retirement as they were never skating fans to begin with.

Virtue & Moir and Davis & White seem to both have crazy fans that attack each other and insult the other team non stop. Which is horrible since they are two of the very best teams ever and even fans of the opposing team should appreciate that but dont. I wonder if like Kwan the crazies will be gone after this year when both are gone and we will see the good fans of them emerge.

Asada fans are crazy and very bitter about her rivalry with Kim despite that she has had her share of success, won her share of big titles, and beaten Kim many times. Yet they still come across as very angry and jaded.

So I voted Asada, Virtue & Moir, and Davis & White. 10 years ago I would have voted Kwan also but not now.

vCash
    Kwanatics scare me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    After reading threads for the last month, can I change my vote to Mirai??????
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    It's Yuna for sure. She has the biggest fanbase among the skaters because not only FS's fans love her but also ENTIRE her country. When Yuna competed in Croatia last month, about 2000 loyal fans followed her to there. For the first time of 50 years, over 6000 seats at Zagreb ice rink were filled, so impressive

Awaiting Validation
    vCash

Normal passionate fan

Well, as a fan of Yu-na, Plush and MK, I have to admit I am quite loyal to them. Then, I voted for MK, Yu-na and Plush.
    Last edited by tetana; 01-30-2014 at 01:09 PM.

vCash
    Virtue&Moir fans come from more countries than Yu Na's. At leat that is how I see it. Especially since they have huge fan base and Europe and RUssia - traditionally ice dance turf and their own teams.

Kwan is the queen in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by HVS View Post
    It's Yuna for sure. She has the biggest fanbase among the skaters because not only FS's fans love her but also ENTIRE her country. When Yuna competed in Croatia last month, about 2000 loyal fans followed her to there. For the first time of 50 years, over 6000 seats at Zagreb ice rink were filled, so impressive
    As impressive as Yu Na conquest of Zagreb was, Dom Sportova rink was very well filled during Golden Spin in late 70s and up till mid 80s when there were domestic competitors (like Sanda Dubravcic) and major international skating starts competing.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by irinayunafanatc View Post
    Yu Na Kim fans are very reasonable and fair.

Asada fans are crazy and very bitter about her rivalry with Kim despite that she has had her share of success, won her share of big titles, and beaten Kim many times. Yet they still come across as very angry and jaded.
    Both have their fair share of fanatics--SOME of Yuna's fans are reasonable and fair; I wouldn't say they all are. In fact, I quit going to the Yuna Kim Forum because the fans there are way too extreme.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by watchthis!! View Post
    Kwanatics scare me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOO!

Did I scare you?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast