View Poll Results: Which skater(s) have the most loyal fanbase? Their skater/deity can do no wrong.

Voters
248. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mao Asada

37 14.92%
  • Jason Brown

10 4.03%
  • Patrick Chan

27 10.89%
  • Davis/White

24 9.68%
  • Gracie Gold

5 2.02%
  • Yu-Na Kim

89 35.89%
  • Michelle Kwan

95 38.31%
  • Evan Lysacek

4 1.61%
  • Mirai Nagasu

28 11.29%
  • Evgeni Plushenko

44 17.74%
  • Virtue/Moir

94 37.90%
  • Johnny Weir

20 8.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by immoimeme View Post
    Plushenko is Perfect. Everyone knows that and if they don't they are so soooo wrong !;-)
    Hehe, no one can deny le perfecto Plushenko.

vCash
    I must admit I guess I was somewhat oblivious to the drama that exists between V/M and D/W fans as I don't typically venture into threads designated specifically towards the two teams and their fans. As someone who likes and respects both teams (with a preference towards V/M based on Carmen last season and their programs this season), it's a little sad to see some of their fans engage in such flaming fan wars. After all, they are from the same training base and came up in the sport as friendly rivals. This Olympic season it seems to have snowballed into SKAREY Kim/Asada proportions. Any second I expect to see youtube videos with the headings, "Meryl Davis is hated by other skaters" or "Scott Moir can piss off!"

vCash
    museksk8r, whatever you do, don't stumble across the sekret baby idiots. They are actually terrifying, all convinced that V/M are actually married and that - without a shred of proof - Tessa had their baby a few years ago. It is seriously traumatising stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    museksk8r, whatever you do, don't stumble across the sekret baby idiots. They are actually terrifying, all convinced that V/M are actually married and that - without a shred of proof - Tessa had their baby a few years ago. It is seriously traumatising stuff.
    Wait, but I heard that Irina Slutskaya is pregnant yet again, but with Tessa & Scott's baby as Virtue cannot have children. BUTT, will the birth mother be willing to part with mini Moir?

vCash
    orientalplane, love how you took everyone's name.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolore View Post
    Is it really necessary to start a poll that has the only purpose to insult others?
    This in all honesty is not my intent at all for starting this poll thread. If anything, I was hoping that we could poke fun at each other over how really ridiculous some of the fan wars are. I really don't take any of it that seriously, but it's usually fun to get an eye and ear full of people who do. There's nothing wrong with passion and loyalty until it crosses that sketchy, shady line that I know all of us has seen before browsing through online skating forums.

Especially because one shouldn't judge a whole group of people by the behaviour of few. The are always some more vivid people but that doesn't mean the entire fanbase is like this. Everybody jumps on the VM fans now even though they are usually the first that point out what they don't like about VM.
    I totally agree with you.

vCash
    I voted for Chan, Plushenko, Brown, Kim, Kwan, Weir, and V/M

I uber two of those, enthusiastic about one, mildly positive on another, neutral on two, mixed on the final one, fwiw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    orientalplane, you HATER!
    I commented, but didn't vote, so I had to vote to figure out what you were talking about! So much for staying out of it.

vCash
    I voted Asada but I think the obvious choice was Takahashi - the Japanese fans go absolutely wild for him and it wouldn't matter to them if he spent the entire time making snow angels at centre ice or landing perfect quads.

vCash
    I don't think any fans can match the lovefest awarded to Kwan, from her ubers.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Apart from Gracie Gold and Mirai Nagasu, all others listed have very loyal fanbase. Takahashi definitely should have been in the list.

vCash
    Yeah I don't get Gold's inclusion or Nagasu's either. I've ventured into threads about both girls. Frankly, Gold doesn't have many vocal supporters at all in her threads. Nagasu has many fans but they come across as quite realistic and pragmatic about her performances.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theshrew View Post
    It's a pity Yagudin is not in the poll. His fans are the epitome of hypocrisy: don't miss any occasion to criticize Plushenko on lack of transitions, two-feet skating, simple spins,simple footwork, posing, empty programs yet their God (who obviously had the same shortcomings) can do no wrong and is the best skater ever...
    Forgot about Yagudin!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theshrew View Post
    It's a pity Yagudin is not in the poll. His fans are the epitome of hypocrisy: don't miss any occasion to criticize Plushenko on lack of transitions, two-feet skating, simple spins,simple footwork, posing, empty programs yet their God (who obviously had the same shortcomings) can do no wrong and is the best skater ever...

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    orientalplane, love how you took everyone's name.
    I didn't want to leave Evan with no votes.

Is Irina really pregnant again? It's about time; she hasn't borned a baby for at least a week.
    Last edited by orientalplane; 11-28-2013 at 01:16 AM.

vCash
    Michelle Kwan, Yu Na Kim, and Virtue & Moir definitely sweep the podium here. Although a few select Mao Asada fans are perhaps the worst I have ever seen, but they are such a small number I couldnt vote for her (and anyway the question wasnt bad fans, it was just devoted, which is different).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by froh1981 View Post
    Yuna Kim.
    Her loyal fans in Korea are really buying stuff that she endorses.
    I agree. I made an observation about her use of the music (it wasn't as much as I would have liked to have seen but it was her first outing with the program) and got heavily questioned in very ractist overtones if I was Asian or not.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Some Davis/White fans seem to be getting ugly nowadays.
    Despite not being a VM fan myself(like them lukewarmly), I sometimes am hurt by DW fans' harsh comments. lol.
    Last edited by t.mann; 11-28-2013 at 06:45 AM.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I voted for all of them since I like them all and couldn't make up my mind who to choose.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast