View Poll Results: Whose improved or fresh, new skating so far this season has won you over as a fan

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Patrick Chan

12 9.23%
  • Tatsuki Machida

11 8.46%
  • Yan Han

11 8.46%
  • Maxim Kovtun

4 3.08%
  • Jason Brown

38 29.23%
  • Elena Radionova

6 4.62%
  • Ashley Wagner

4 3.08%
  • Julia Lipnitskaia

22 16.92%
  • Stefania Berton / Ondrej Hotarek

5 3.85%
  • Pang Qing / Tong Jian

2 1.54%
  • Anna Cappellini / Luca Lanotte

3 2.31%
  • Madison Hubbell / Zachary Donohue

12 9.23%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash

Whose improved or fresh, new skating so far this season has won you over as a fan

So far this fall skating season, we have been treated to exciting performances from seasoned veterans who have displayed improvements and from fresh new talent emerging onto the senior scene for the first time. Who has impressed you most and whose skating so far this season has won you over as a fan?

Choices:

Patrick Chan

Tatsuki Machida

Yan Han

Maxim Kovtun

Jason Brown

Elena Radionova

Ashley Wagner

Julia Lipnitskaia

Stefania Berton / Ondrej Hotarek

Pang Qing / Tong Jian

Anna Cappellini / Luca Lanotte

Madison Hubbell / Zachary Donohue

Other, please state who.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 11-26-2013 at 12:36 AM.

vCash
    I've been a Jason Brown fan for years, so I picked Yan Han. I really have enjoyed his skates this season; I couldn't say the same when he was in juniors. It was so unfortunate he was ill during TEB, but I admired him for pushing through.

vCash
    I liked Ashley before, but I've become emotionally invested this season. Her sp is my favorite of all the ladies right now, and her commitment to the 3f/3t this season shows a new level of guts and determination, even for her.

vCash
    Adam Rippon, Sammi Cesario, Jason Brown and..... yes....... Patrick. I've finally been able to just settle into his skating and appreciate it for what it is. I'm turning into THAT fan, who just wants to appreciate the beauty of skating, without being hung up on my favs.

vCash
    I'm certainly feeling a lot softer towards Adam Rippon than I ever have before.

vCash
    I wish this was a multiple choice poll. I picked Julia L. but I would have also liked to pick Han Yan and Elena Radionova

vCash
    Definitely Jason Brown. I didn't dislike him before but now I like him a lot.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I wish this was a multiple choice poll.
    I know, I goofed and hit the post button too soon without clicking the multiple choice option. Sorry. *spaz out*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I'm certainly feeling a lot softer towards Adam Rippon than I ever have before.
    I've always liked him, but I have the same feeling. I'm even more impressed this season.

vCash
    How can Jason have so many votes? He was phenomenal before already! How can you vote for him here?

Okay, jokes aside... I picked Julia. I think she's worked a lot on her relation to the music, and it shows. Before this season, I didn't feel anything at all about her skating. Now I really like watching her and want to keep my fingers crossed for her for the next competitions(including Sochi)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    How can Jason have so many votes? He was phenomenal before already! How can you vote for him here?
    The OP said "new talent emerging onto the senior scene for the first time"

It's his first season on Senior GP. I'd say he was the breakout star of the GP.

vCash
    I picked Patrick Chan. I have always been a fan of his skating skills and his footwork but I found his artistry and performance ability lacking. With this year's programs he really improved in that department imo. I also like Berton/Hotarek and I am very glad to insult see that the time for Pang Tong isnt over yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I know, I goofed and hit the post button too soon without clicking the multiple choice option. Sorry. *spaz out*
    No problem. We can still state who else we would like to select.

vCash
    I picked Berton and Hotarek. I never noticed them much until Skate Canada. But I like them a lot now...
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    I picked Jason Brown. I became a fan in Quebec when I saw him at the JGPF. He was young and raw, but had enormous potential. Now he is living up to that potential. I see Jason as the next best thing in men's skating.....once Patrick has had his turn.

vCash
    I remember watching Jason Brown at US Nationals few years ago. So, it's not a surprise.
    But at TEB, I've discovered almost nobody knew him, and everybody was impressed by him !

vCash
    From the list I'd say Elena Radionova, though she's not exactly new to me. I followed her last year on the JGP but I'm really happy to see her debut so well on the senior GP.

My favorite new skater is Samantha Cesario. I'd seen her a couple of times over the years but she never really caught my attention the way she did this year. I love her programs and the fire and attitude she brings to the ice. She's also been the most consistent US senior lady out there this season (excluding Ashley of course). I really hope she has a great skate at nationals and places well.

I also really like Jason Brown; he's such a sweetie.

vCash
    Pogorilaya! She's awesome and so under-rated. No one jumps 3lz-3t better than her except Yuna Kim. And maybe Gracie Gold once in a blue moon. But really, I think she's very talented and much improved from last season and think she could surprise this season or next, maybe win a medal at Euros or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    I remember watching Jason Brown at US Nationals few years ago. So, it's not a surprise.
    But at TEB, I've discovered almost nobody knew him, and everybody was impressed by him !
    On a slightly-serious side note, I think Jason's sudden popularity explosion goes to show how few people follow Juniors that intensely. It's not like Jason came from nowhere; but if you didn't follow Juniors, I guess you wouldn't know.

vCash
    That would be Machida for me. Somehow I didn't remember him from last season even though he had already won a Grand Prix.

He's a beautiful, talented skater with the complete package IMO. Hope he won't bomb again at his Nationals...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast