View Poll Results: Which crusty warhorse will prevail?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • SwArms Lake--If you can't point your toes, flail.

1 1.96%
  • Carmen. You know, in a black and red costume...

9 17.65%
  • A slightly less ear-splitting George Gershwin number.

6 11.76%
  • Memoirs of a Geisha. A tribute to Japanese culture?

3 5.88%
  • Something Puccinni. Italian is always nice.

4 7.84%
  • Soemthing Kwan used. If that feeling starts beginning, take an ant-acid.

11 21.57%
  • Other Generic Movie Soundtrack. Music tinkly enough to make you pee.

8 15.69%
  • An "edgy" Muzak version of a classic rock tune.

1 1.96%
  • Something else (DO explain.)

8 15.69%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lahaa968 View Post
    I just got PTSD flashbacks of Miki Ando "trying" to interpret Grieg's A-Minor.
    I think this is worse than Miki's. At least at 4CC Miki was trying to interpret the music. At worlds she probably put her earplugs back in, but at 4CC, I thought she was pretty good.

vCash
    Huge improvement in the upper body for Gracie. She's still a work in progress and the shoulders continue to drop, but kudos to her team and to her for the obvious work that has been put in.

She's got a lot of growing to do and I can't wait to see her develop under Frank.

vCash
    Boring. I really, really wish they picked something that used Gracie's spark and oomph and didn't try to make her all floaty.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority here, but I'm not as blown away as some of you appear to be. Cross posting from Golden Skate:

I'll add to that by saying I do feel Gracie has improved this season as far as presentation goes but this lyrical program still seems forced to me. She's pulling it off decently enough but it doesn't look natural. I think it has a lot to do with how stiff and straight her carriage is, particularly (and most annoyingly) her arms. When I think lyrical, I think of soft, elegant, flowy, graceful, delicate...Gracie is making an effort to be all of those things but (to me) it's obvious it's something she has to make an effort to be. It doesn't seem like it's her natural way of moving and I can see that in her performance.

It's a nice program that will score very well at nationals if she pulls it off...then again her first SP would have scored very well if she pulled that off too.
    kwanatic, I'm not blown away, but, to me, there is improvement. In the first half of the program she doesn't appear to be "all frantic" and competing in a super-market sweepstakes.

She's not a natural,. but neither was Ashley and she came a long way under Mills....but, this might be the first time people have tried to slow her down and refine her moves.

She still needs work on those arms...that is why I am interested in what she can do over the next quad..not interested in seeing another one-hit wonder or diamond in the rough win the OLY. My preference is always for a full -packaged skater....Ahem..come back, Mirai!

vCash
    I really like the new SP. Especially when the music swells towards the end, it matches Gracie's power.
    Because we fans are rarely happy, the moment she finished I thought: Oh great, now let's do a modern, edgy LP and it'll be perfect
    I don't think this SP is gentle and princess-y; rather, it is romantic. And if it teaches Gracie to express this kind of music, all the better, she'll be more versatile.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    The music is a million times better than the previous program, and she skates pretty well to it, too. For those calling it boring, although I somewhat disagree, I'd take boring over physically painful any day! I think it's a vast improvement.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    I really like the new SP. Especially when the music swells towards the end, it matches Gracie's power.
    Because we fans are rarely happy, the moment she finished I thought: Oh great, now let's do a modern, edgy LP and it'll be perfect
    I wish this was her FS, keeping the Gershwin SP, but I think it's a lovely program, and can't wait until she's out of show lighting in a big rink, and she can fly with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    I don't think this SP is gentle and princess-y; rather, it is romantic.
    Exactly.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    who choreographed this new sp?

94.500.000 kílómetrar frá sólinni (og enn frekar frá stjarnfræðilegur læsi).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I wish this was her FS, keeping the Gershwin SP, but I think it's a lovely program, and can't wait until she's out of show lighting in a big rink, and she can fly with it.
    Same here--on all counts.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    who choreographed this new sp?
    Lori Nichol.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    This music seems calmer, which should be helpful. Ultimately, I don't see it mattering what the music is in singles. So few of the skaters truly interpret. They simply need to land those jumps!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    This music seems calmer, which should be helpful. Ultimately, I don't see it mattering what the music is in singles. So few of the skaters truly interpret. They simply need to land those jumps!
    The thing is though, for the first time, I can see Gold truly trying to interpret the music, which is why this is a step up. I'm in the minority who actually liked the Gershwin, and I would have preferred that she had worked on refining it rather that scrapping it. However, upon seeing the new program it is clear that she has worked hard on her presentation, and she appeared to genuinely enjoy performing it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345