Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Olympic Wish

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash

My Olympic Wish

Caveat: this is my wish and does not necessarily reflect reality. In fact, I'm pretty confident it will not.

Men: My main wish is that Plushenko skates well and earns another medal. I don't particularly care if it's the team event or individual. He is a fierce competitor and I think this would be an amazing end to a remarkable career in figure skating.
    Podium: Plush, Takahashi and Hanyu. If Plush gets a medal in the team event, then I wish that Takahashi gets the individual gold. Or vice-versa,

Ladies: Yuna, Mao and Caro: My wish would be that Mao gets the gold as Yuna already has one, but if Mao gets a gold in the team event, my most secret wish is that Carolina has the skate of her life and wins gold. That would totally make up for Torino which still makes me want to cry.

Dance: Davis/White, Virtue/Moir and Bob/Sol. V/M have a gold. I want this one to go to Charlie and Meryl. And I want Bob/Sol to get the bronze because I love those bloody geese. It's my wish and I can have what I want.

Pairs: V/T and S/S tie and K/S get bronze. If V/T get team gold, I'll be happy for S/S to get the individual. Moreover, there is a possibility Mozer could convince them to stay in 4 more years as she (and I agree) thinks there is so much more than can do. If they won both golds, I doubt they would stay so there is a tiny selfish wish they'll get silver in the individual event, I wish that Kavugti/Smirnov have that skate of their lives to end their career with a medal. Also, it would be a fitting end of her career for Moskvina. P/T already have a bronze so my wish is that this one go to K/S unless they get in on the team medals then I'd be happy with whatever happens in the individual event.

I'm getting my list ready to send to Santa. Keep in mind, he's never come through in the past. Stupid old elf..... Just kidding Santa!
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    My Olympic wish is for Ashley to win a medal, Meryl and Charlie to win gold, and for Jason Brown and Adam Rippon to make the team!

vCash
    Dear Santa,

Don't listen to rfisher. Or, if you actually intend to make a break with long-standing bad habits, then just pay attention to the parts about K/S, Takahashi, and Kostner deserving to take home medals in their respective disciplines.

Warm regards,

some weirdo who believed in you until she was nearly ten years old

Now, here's my wish list.

Men: Chan is one of my all-time favorites and I very much hope he'll win the gold. Takahashi is my pick for silver (and, of course, gold, should Chan falter). As for the bronze, I'd be delighted to see any of Verner, Abbott, Kozuka, or Rippon win it, though I'm well aware that they're all unlikely prospects.

Ladies: Any order of Kim, Asada, and Kostner would be fine by me, though I'd prefer for Mao to win the gold. Should any of the above falter, I'd be happiest to see Suzuki or Wagner make the podium.

Pairs: Savchenko/Szolkowy for gold and Volosozhar/Trankov for silver, though it won't pain me if it's the other way around. Like rfisher, I'd love to see Kavaguti/Smirnov (easily one of my five favorite pairs ever) make it to Sochi and win the bronze. Unlike rfisher, I'd wish no less strongly for them to make the pairs podium even if they also win a team medal. Should none of the above happy outcomes be possible for K/S, then I'd love to see two out-of-the-ballpark routines by Peng and Zhang taking them to the podium.

Dance: I'd like to see Virtue and Moir repeat as Olympic champions, though it's likelier that Davis and White will score a deserving win in February. As for the bronze, my first choice at this point is Weaver and Poje, but that may change next year.

Team: Gold for Canada (perhaps Osmond can a make a strong recovery?), silver for Russia, and bronze for the United States. I wouldn't mind Japan knocking the rude 'Mericuns off the podium, but I wonder if the pairs and dance components of the team event will permit it.

vCash
    Hahahaha I love this!

My first wish is that people don't come in here and argue with why someone else's wish is wrong...

Ladies -- That Michelle Kwan magically appears at US Nats, skates lights out, and goes to Sochi (don't worry they'll be time to earn qualifying scores) and finally wins her OGM there. She's obviously been secretly training, which is why Frank doesn't want to travel any more.

Men -- Daisuke sets a new world record while winning OGM. Denis Ten has two perfect skates and wins silver. Yuzuru Hanyu wins bronze. Brian Joubert says "f&%# you" to Didier and writes a tell all book about the French fed.

Dance -- V/M win their third gold medal (They've already won #2 in the team event) setting new world records in both SD and FD. P/B also have two perfect programs and win silver. Z/G bring back that zombies FD with even better costumes this time and win bronze. (Sorry I/K, you'll get my imaginary gold next time!)

Pairs -- This one is so hard for me! I think I'll copy rfisher and give gold to both S/S and V/T. (Because I truly love them both! And if S/P deserved to share gold with B/S then certainly V/T and S/S can share ) I hope they both skate the lights out and Aliona lands that throw 3A at the end of the Nutcracker (because she wants it). MT/M also skate perfect and get bronze.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Pair: S/S, P/T, D/R...unlikely to have the russians below silver, but hey can I hope
    Men: Chan for gold, any japanese mens for silver and bronze...
    Dance: V/M, D/W, W/P...here too unlikely to have the russians outside of the podium, but more likely than pairs, so fingers cross
    Ladies: Asada & Kim (in any order), Kostner

Please skate god, the russian federation has stolen so many medals overs the years with their cheating and politicks, let them have their payback again in 2014 at HOME ! (Vancouver wasn't enough )

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Men: PChiddy for OGM!! He is so brilliant. I want him to have two skates of his life. Takahashi for silver, Hanyu bronze. Rippon and Brown for the US men's team, please.

Ladies: Please please please dear skategods, please let Mao win with perfect 3A and otherwise beautiful performances! Silver for Julia and bronze for Ashley, the same podium as GPF but with perfect skates for the medalists.

Nothing to say about the other two disciplines. I barely know the names of the top guns.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 12-08-2013 at 05:40 AM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Ladies: I hope Mao gets her wish of delivering perfect performances in Sochi. If possible, I hope she gets that OGM!
    Men: I hope Dai and Hanyu skate well in Sochi. I'll be fine if either of them wins.

As for the other disciplines, I hope D&W can win their OGM and S&S skates well in Sochi.

vCash
    Men : Daisuke wins gold, Patrick silver and Plushenko has the skate of his life and takes a bronze medal home. And I hope Kozuka qualifies. Ladies : Mao wins gold, Yu-Na silver and Carolina bronze. Pairs : Really difficult to choose. I hope S/S win gold because this is most likely their last Olympics. V/T still have a chance in four years and I would hate to see them retire after Sochi. Dance : the judges do their job and are fair, VM win the individual gold, WP take silver and a medal for P/B.
    Last edited by Dolore; 12-08-2013 at 03:29 PM.

vCash
    My Olympic wish is:

V/M winning their second OGM, D/W with Silver and W/P with bronze.
    Besides,I hope that H/D and P/I will qualify for the Olympics and have a place in the Top10.

vCash
    Men - Daisuke wins the individual men's gold with 300+ points
    Ladies - Mao wins gold with two perfect skates, Carolina (with Bolero as her LP) and Akiko on the podium
    Pairs - either Savchenko/Szolkowy or Pang/Tong win the gold
    Ice dance - Pechalat/Bourzat on the podium (any color would be fine!)

Extras:
    French fed stages a coup and unceremoniously boots Didier out, which kills his chances of ever replacing Speedy
    Ilinykh/Katsalapov leave Morozov
    Zhulin will come to his senses in time for Sochi and choreograph a decent FD for Bobrova/Soloviev
    Menshov gets sent to the Olympics

vCash
    Ladies - I want Ashley to win silver. Gold to Yuna and bronze to Kostner.

Team - USA Gold, Canada Silver, Russia Bronze.

Dance - Gold for Davis and White, Silver for V/M.

vCash
    In my perfect world, the results would be:

Ladies:
    Mao wins gold with several clean triple axels. Ashley wins silver. Bronze goes to Kostner or Sotnikova. Kim ends up in 5th.

Men:
    Daisuke for gold. Verner and Joubert magically reclaim their 2007 selves, have the skates of their lives and, to the shock of everyone, snag silver and bronze.
    Alternatively, I can deal with Fernandez and Kozuka on the podium too

Dance:
    Meryl and Charlie win gold with two fantastic skates. Nathalie and Fabian get silver. Anna and Luca get bronze and I/K are in 4th. Tessa and Scott may have a team medal.

Pairs:
    S/S win gold, V/T win silver and M-T/M surprise everyone and win bronze.

Gah, I imagine most of these will forever stay in my dream world. Crossing my fingers for the possible ones to actually happen.

vCash
    This is fun! First & foremost, I hope the judging is at least mostly fair and does not make the sport a mockery during its once every four year time in the sun.

Ladies: Ashley gets a medal- beyond that, everything else is gravy for me. I'd like to see Julia on the podium too. Akiko skates well and likely ends her career on a high note. Gracie skates well, places top 8, starts believing in herself and the Olympics is later seen as the start of her becoming a real force for the next quad.

Men: I guess I'd like to see Chan get his gold, skating like he did in paris this fall. Daisuke gets a medal. Jason Brown makes the team (not the podium, I won't get too crazy) and wins over the entire world with his programs & the Olympics is the start of a big four years for him.

Pairs: The American team consists of C/S and ANYONE BUT Denney & Coughlin (preferably S/K or in my dreams Gretchen and Andrew). That is my greatest pairs wish that i realize is probably just a dream. MT/M ends up on the podium. Meghan Duhamel entertains me by doing loud math in the Kiss and Cry.

Dance: Meryl and Charlie get their gold in a close race where both teams skate clean. P/B get the bronze- I'd love W/P but I don't foresee a NA podium in the Russian Olympics. I also wouldn't mind I/K for bronze. B/S end up somewhere around 6th.

I hope that MT/M (and actually D/R as that's a fun national rivalry), Ashley and in my dreams D/W stay around post Sochi- not necessarily until 2018 but maybe until 2016 Worlds in Boston.

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    My Olympic Wish List

Preface: I want all of the medalists to have personal best performances that they are proud of and that are memorable in skating history.

Men:

GOLD - Patrick Chan
    SILVER - Daisuke Takahashi
    BRONZE - Evgeni Plushenko

If any one of these falter, then Yuzuru Hanyu gets bumped up to a medal; if any two falter, then Tomas Verner also gets bumped up to a medal.

Women:

GOLD - Carolina Kostner
    SILVER - Mao Asada
    BRONZE - Ashley Wagner

If any one of these falter, then Akiko Suzuki gets bumped up to a medal; if any two falter, then Julia Lipnitskaia also gets bumped up to a medal.

Pairs:

DUAL GOLDS - Volosozhar/Trankov & Savchenko/Szolkowy
    Bronze - an improved Moore-Towers/Moscovitch stun the skating world with the performances of their lives to medal

Dance:

GOLD - Virtue/Moir
    SILVER - Davis/White
    BRONZE - Pechalat/Bourzat

If any one of these falter, then Bobrova/Soloviev gets bumped up to a medal.

Team:

GOLD - Canada
    SILVER - Russia
    BRONZE - USA
    Last edited by museksk8r; 12-08-2013 at 04:40 PM.

vCash
    At first: I wish Plushy skates and he skates well ! in Sochi. I don't care of the medal. But my dream is a medal for him, of course.

Team:
    1. Russia
    2. Canada
    3. USA

Pair:
    1. V/T
    2. S/S
    3. D/R

Ice dance:
    1. D/V
    2. V/M
    3. W/P or I/K

Ladies:
    1. Mao
    2. Yuna
    3. Carolina or Julia

Men:
    1.Daisuke
    2. Patrick
    3. Yuzuru or Plushy

vCash
    Men:
    1) Takahashi wins
    2) Hanyu silver then stays 4 more years
    3) Joubert bronze - in the past I would have wished for gold but at this stage just bronze would make me cry with happiness

Ladies:
    1) Kim
    2) Lipnitskaya silver then stays 4 more years
    3) Ando wins a surprise bronze

Pairs:
    1) S/S
    2) P/T
    3) MT/M

Dance:
    1) V/M
    2) P/B
    3) I/K

I know none of the above will happen and Chan, Asada, V/T and D/W will likely all win
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    Fun thread!

First of all, over everything, I want to see Jeremy at the Olympics. Don't care where he finishes there but would love to see him pull a Paul Wylie and surprise everyone with 2 great skates and a medal!

In men's, I'd be happy if the top 3 all skate clean and deserve their placements. It would be pretty great to see Hanyu take it all and for the Japanese men to finally get their OGM though. I'd also love it if Daisuke could have a great Olympic moment too.

In ladies, I love Yu Na but would love it if Carolina could pull off a surprise gold.

In pairs, I would love to see S/S get their gold since Out of Africa was too good of a program not to have done better the last time around.

In dance, I need to see a repeat of the GPF podium. I'd also love it if H/D were on the US Olympic team.

In the team event, it's all USA for gold, baby!!!!

vCash
    In my perfect world..
    Men
    1. Takahashi
    2. Hanyu
    3. Chan

Ladies
    1. Kim
    2. Asada
    3. Kostner

Pairs
    1. S/S
    2. V/T
    3. P/T

Dance
    1. D/W
    2. V/M
    3. P/B

vCash
    Men
    1. Hanyu
    2. Takahashi
    3. Chan

Women
    1. Asada
    2. Kim
    3. Wagner (I know..)

Dance
    1. D/W
    2. V/M
    3. P/B
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    Please...

Ladies
    1. Yuna
    2. Ashley
    3. Mao

Men
    1. Patrick
    2. Daisuke
    3. Brian

Pairs
    1. S/S