Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    As requested, Paul Moir discusses Skate Sharpening...

http://youtu.be/ssIV94cucDk

(Excuse the resolution switch a minute into the video. It is apparently related to the video recording on the site)
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    Yet another. They keep pumping these out...

http://youtu.be/MK0ZtPNKNxQ
    Thanks!

vCash
    That was interesting. I didn't know there was such a difference in blades being just a casual skater and fan. I can't wait to watch this series on T/S.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I'm a bit confused by these promos. I thought "Tessa & Scott" was supposed to be a dramatic show about two skaters preparing for Sochi, but these clips make it seem like some kind of "Will & Grace"-type sitcom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_&_Grace
    Last edited by sap5; 12-16-2013 at 03:01 PM.

vCash
    i'll gratefully accept anything that shows 3 hours of Tess and Scott

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    I'm a bit confused by these promos. I thought "Tessa & Scott" was supposed to be a dramatic show about two skaters preparing for Sochi, but these clips make it seem like some kind of "Will & Grace"-type sitcom.

Hahah omg, its the same thing I thinked this morning!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    i'll gratefully accept anything that shows 3 hours of Tess and Scott
    Agree

That was interesting. I didn't know there was such a difference in blades being just a casual skater and fan. I can't wait to watch this series on T/S.
    Yes. I knew about this, but its great they will educate audience and they will be ready for OG

vCash

I think it's two skaters preparing for Sochi and having some fun. After everything they've given to the sport, I would think they earned that right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I think it's two skaters preparing for Sochi and having some fun. After everything they've given to the sport, I would think they earned that right.
    Thank you!

vCash
    They most certainly have. But I am a bit worried that the “fun“ narrative could work against them because the judges apparently already believe that Tessa can't train full time while the other teams put so much emphasis on how they work. I hope this is just for the promos to attract none skating fans as well and that they focus on their training and work ethic on the show. It is a pity that rumors and hearsay have such an influence on a team's perception

vCash

Maybe that is the image they want to protray? Scott the neat and Tessa the messy and obsessed with "food" their relationship looking more like "that of a romantic couple than two friends"
    Last edited by parapluies; 12-16-2013 at 06:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Maybe that is the image they want to protray? Scott the neat and Tessa the messy and obsessed with "food" their relationship looking more like "that of a romantic couple than two friends"
    And you gathered that from?

The way I see it, whatever they do, people are going to criticize and over-analyze it. Sometimes it's the weird fans, the ones obsessed with their lives, who twist and misconstrue everything they do or say. With those fans, Tessa and Scott can't win no matter what they do. It's those people the ones imagining stuff in their heads and then overreacting whenever something fun like this comes up. No matter what they say or do, those people are going to project their own idea on to whatever they present out there. I doubt Tessa and Scott are losing sleep over what these people think of them, though. Which is why I plan on enjoying the show as I am sure they enjoyed shooting it.

vCash
    And you gathered that from?

The way I see it, whatever they do, people are going to criticize and over-analyze it. Sometimes it's the weird fans, the ones obsessed with their lives, who twist and misconstrue everything they do or say. With those fans, Tessa and Scott can't win no matter what they do. It's those people the ones imagining stuff in their heads and then overreacting whenever something fun like this comes up. No matter what they say or do, those people are going to project their own idea on to whatever they present out there. I doubt Tessa and Scott are losing sleep over what these people think of them, though. Which is why I plan on enjoying the show as I am sure they enjoyed shooting it.
    I was quoting the wikipedia page.... And judging from Patrick's old roomate video from Vancouver Scott is probably the neatest in the partnership. Anywhow I was obviously joking .
    Last edited by parapluies; 12-16-2013 at 07:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Anywhow I was obviously joking .
    Of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolore View Post
    They most certainly have. But I am a bit worried that the “fun“ narrative could work against them because the judges apparently already believe that Tessa can't train full time while the other teams put so much emphasis on how they work. I hope this is just for the promos to attract none skating fans as well and that they focus on their training and work ethic on the show. It is a pity that rumors and hearsay have such an influence on a team's perception
    I think after GPF all see how hard TS work and how they could improve there programs during 2 weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Laura, I never said you can't do all those things. I'll respond to this right now, then we can it to pm (which I should have done in the first place). I don't know, but for the longest time I've felt you go overboard/overcompensate in your posts in your attempt to seem fair. Not sure how to word this that wouldn't further upset you to be honest, which I'm not trying to do by the way. Sometimes your posts don't seem completely genuine to me, but you say things just so you appear fair. Like that one time you said that it was an exaggeration when people explain how difficult Carmen was. I just thought you were trying very hard to appear objective and "fair" to outsiders. And you go out your way sometimes to point out the fact that you're just merely a fan and not a Tessa and Scott uber; to me that came across as you not wanting to be associated with those crazy, extreme Tessa and Scott fans. I have no problem with you criticizing Tessa and Scott or liking their rivals. And I never have as I don't shy away from voicing my own critics of Tessa and Scott. Anyways this is what I feel and if I'm wrong then I apologize, but in all honesty this is how things have come across to me.

Thanks rvi5.
    Sorry that I am not pming to you, but, as you responded to me here on the thread, I think I too have to answer here, in case if there are other people who are thinking the same (although I would have never thought that someone could see my posts in such a way). I am not trying to "seem" and "appear" fair to other people. I am honestly trying to be fair and objective, and that starts with myself - when someone says something that seems a bit to the extreme side (but not only), I first try to look at it for myself, and then I ask myself whether I can agree with what was said, or not. And if I feel that I don't agree, I try to speak out about it. Of course, not always - sometimes I have no time for things like that, at other times I am just not in the mood to argue with other people, especially with those that I share my love for something with. I am only human. As for "genuine", probably sometimes I am not completely genuine when writing in the Meryl and Charlie ubers thread, in the sense that I don't go there to speak about how Tessa and Scott are superior in everything. What I do write there is essentially genuine, but I just keep some thoughts to myself.

As for that time with the 'Carmen' FD, I really was underestimating the difficulty in it, because I understood that it was very difficult indeed, but not entirely. So I was genuine when I was questioning the difficulty of some things in it.

Finally, the "fan" vs "uber" thing - I am not saying that I am not an uber because I don't want to be associated with other Tessa and Scott fans. I really think that I am not an uber because I see that I am too different from those who consider themselves ubers (meaning, my attitude towards Tessa and Scott, as well as Meryl and Charlie, is too different). And also simply because, although I love Tessa and Scott, my love for them is very different than my love for Stephane (Lambiel). Plus, they are not even my all time favorite dance team - Torvill and Dean are. So I honestly can't consider myself an uber.

vCash
    BTW, did you know, guys,.where I could discuss who is better Patrick or Lambiel?
    Just because I feel, like this love to Steph is more emotional, then something about actual.skating. I mean blades control, deep edges, how Patrick gain his speed from nothing, how many transitions steps he have. I think Steph will win in presentation, but will be worst in all other PCS.
    And for.me it's so funny how Lambiel fans talked about.Patrick and Oda took his programs this season.

Back to the topic. How do you think, who will be at Canadian Nationals with.Tessa and Scott?
    TS will not be at Opening Ceremony, so on one problem less for.Marina :-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Back to the topic. How do you think, who will be at Canadian Nationals with.Tessa and Scott?
    I wonder if Marina will try to attend one team's SD and the other team's FD. But it still wouldn't be completely equal since the FD is the more important program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    BTW, did you know, guys,.where I could discuss who is better Patrick or Lambiel?
    Just because I feel, like this love to Steph is more emotional, then something about actual.skating. I mean blades control, deep edges, how Patrick gain his speed from nothing, how many transitions steps he have. I think Steph will win in presentation, but will be worst in all other PCS.
    And for.me it's so funny how Lambiel fans talked about.Patrick and Oda took his programs this season.

I think Marina will be with D/W during their national championships (won't have to leave the country) and leave Tessa & Scott with whomever is willing to make the trek to Canada.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I think Marina will be with D/W during their national championships (won't have to leave the country) and leave Tessa & Scott with whomever is willing to make the trek to Canada.
    You're probably right, especially with the Shibutanis having a chance at an Olympics berth. Still, I feel V/M need all the politics/PR help they can get right now and Marina making glowing comments about D/W and looking thrilled in the kiss and cry while V/M are with Johnny Johns... it's not the best situation.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazy View Post
    You're probably right, especially with the Shibutanis having a chance at an Olympics berth. Still, I feel V/M need all the politics/PR help they can get right now and Marina making glowing comments about D/W and looking thrilled in the kiss and cry while V/M are with Johnny Johns... it's not the best situation.
    Johnny Johns will have pairs teams at US Nationals. I doubt Marina will go with V/M. My guess is Margaglio might come. If he doesn't come, I have no idea who will be with them.

Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast