Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

vCash
    Another thing I can't get over is Lane, Browning and Irving all saying they felt like they've seen a different FD.
    They are talking about VM need another FD?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    TV Alerts forum thread includes the video trailer/preview: Tessa & Scott - new show on W network in Canada
    Thank you, Silvia

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    They are talking about VM need another FD?
    no, they were saying that it had improved so much it looked like a different FD. However, commentators have worried that the programme is too subtle for the judges.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    I was just watching a christmas movie on that network, when a promotion for the show appeared during the commercial break. I will update this post with a link when I finish getting it uploaded on my youtube channel.

ETA; short but sweet: http://youtu.be/KCvlsxVz1bY
    Thank you so much for posting this!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    There's a mini series on them beginning in early January. The cameras have been following them around for most of this season. Is that what you mean? Unfortunately, I've forgotten which channel - not CTV or CBC, and my TV guide only covers two weeks. I'm sure someone will post the info closer to the date.
    Thank you. I was aware of the reality series, but the tweet made it seem like there was a special apart from that on them last night. I probably interpreted the tweet wrong.

Chantilly, I had typed a response to you, but decided not to post so I don't continue the discussion in the thread; maybe I'll pm you. Anyways I think you need to reread my post because you made all these false assumptions that has nothing to do with why I asked the question.

Thanks for posting the clip rvi5. I still can't believe Tessa and Scott have a reality series.

Pani I think what Carol, Kurt, and Brenda meant was that the magic wasn't there in previous outings of Seasons, but something finally clicked at the GPF and they get it now--feels like the first time they saw it.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    no, they were saying that it had improved so much it looked like a different FD. However, commentators have worried that the programme is too subtle for the judges.
    Thank you! Candian media give great support to TS

vCash
    I was just watching a christmas movie on that network, when a promotion for the show appeared during the commercial break. I will update this post with a link when I finish getting it uploaded on my youtube channel.

Was it Last Holiday starring Queen Latifah? I was watching too. Fun movie, but the commercial for V/M's new show was the best part of the broadcast

vCash

I didnt saw this video, thank you! They look great!

vCash
    Has anybody been on their show's webpage? There's a video link there, but they're geoblocked so if anybody can rip them and put it on YT, would appreciate it. Meyers transcribed a short Tessa one-on-one:
    Favourite movie: Princess Bride.
    3 things in her purse: passport, lipgloss, 'never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly' thing that used to be her grandma's.
    Something you can't leave home without: Blackberry
    First concert: 'N-Sync (laughs)
    Favourite designer: Coco Chanel
    Dream vacation: Right now, south of France, staying in villas, drinking rose (sorry, my computer accents and I aren't getting along, and of course that's the wine, not the flower), and driving from place to place at her leisure
    Must-have travel accessory: a scarf, because it's always freezing on planes
    Last time she laughed: "Oh gosh, two minutes ago?"
    Phobias: terrified of spiders
    Biggest splurge: one year in Tokyo, she bought a Chanel safety pin, which combines two of her favourite things since she has a thing for safety pins and for Chanel, so big splurge but she loves it.
    Other sport she'd like to try: tennis, mostly for the outfits
    Dream dinner guest: Audrey Hepburn
    Favourite viral video: Scott showed her 'yesterday' the "What Does the Fox Say" and she thought it was hilarious.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Thank you, Shayii and Meyers! I alwayse want to ask Tessa about her favourite designer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    Because she's a fan but not one who feels the need to diminish Davis and White at every turn. Why shouldn't she have a right to challenge someone's point of view. Just because one is a fan or even an uber doesn't mean they can't offer an objective and contrary opinion to what's posted here. It's bloody irritating sometimes to not feel you can be a fan of V and M but not criticize their faults or someone's negative opinions of their rivals. I still think V and M are superior skaters in pretty much every way but it doesn't mean I ascribe to every negative, challenging opinion of D and W. And I don't think it's fair to label someone as " patrolling" just because they feel the same way as I just posted above.
    Thank you, chantilly. I know laura can be a bit... difficult, but I can't work out what she has written on the topic of the music to provoke these accusations of policing the thread? Her opinion seems perfectly legitimate and I more or less agree with her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonata View Post

Was it Last Holiday starring Queen Latifah? I was watching too. Fun movie, but the commercial for V/M's new show was the best part of the broadcast
    The movie I was watching was "Merry In-Laws"

Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Has anybody been on their show's webpage? There's a video link there, but they're geoblocked so if anybody can rip them and put it on YT, would appreciate it. Meyers transcribed a short Tessa one-on-one:
    There are three videos in the video section of that site. One is the promo video already linked in the FSU TV alerts forum. Another is Scott's uncle discussing skate sharpening. The third is this "One on One" video...

http://youtu.be/8MX251Eq6Jw

Did you want the Skate sharpening video also?
    Last edited by rvi5; 12-15-2013 at 10:40 PM.

vCash
    Thanks rvi5! If you want upload, if its interesting, upload it

vCash
    The movie I was watching was "Merry In-Laws"

There are three videos in the video section of that site. One is the promo video already linked in the FSU TV alerts forum. Another is Scott's uncle discussing skate sharpening. The third is this "One on One" video...

http://youtu.be/8MX251Eq6Jw

Did you want the Skate sharpening video also?
    Thanks rvi5. And yes, if you don't mind uploading the other one as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Honest question here Laura, but why do you always feel the need to patrol the thread? I feel like you do this all the freaking time. This has nothing to do with the present discussion, just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne7 View Post
    Yes, I've noticed the same thing, Laura - are you this post's monitor?
    "Patroling", "monitoring" ? Do you mean to say that I have no right to read this thread and respond to posts in it? Or that I can write here only if it's something positive about Tessa and Scott, or something negative about Meryl and Charlie ? I don't "patrol" this thread - I read it regularly (like, several times a day), because I am a Tessa and Scott fan, and am genuinely interested in discussions here, and also in links that are posted. But I don't always agree with everything that is written here - does it make me not a fan? Or, even worse, an enemy of Tessa and Scott and their "true" ubers?

So, a few honest questions from me - do you really think that if someone likes a skater's rival too, they can't be a "true" fan of that skater? Or that a "true" fan can never criticize their favorite in any way? Does being a "true" fan means saying only completely positive things about one's favorite and only negative things about the favorite's rivals? Can't a "true" fan defend their favorite's rivals when that fan feels that what is being said about them is not true/is unfair? Can you stop and think about this, and answer me honestly?

Before, I used to just defend Tessa and Scott in the Davis/White ubers thread and in other threads. But then I thought - I can't honestly say to myself or other people that I am objective or fair in any way if I can't do the same when it comes to Meryl and Charlie. So I started speaking out when I saw something written about them that I think is untrue. The same goes for "criticizing" things in Tessa and Scott's programs - can I really say that I am being objective if I can't admit that there are things that I don't completely like about their programs, if I can't speak out about it? Of course, there are moments when we all need to defend Tessa and Scott, to act as a "united front", but where else can I speak about their programs and how I view them, if not here?

Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    Because she's a fan but not one who feels the need to diminish Davis and White at every turn. Why shouldn't she have a right to challenge someone's point of view. Just because one is a fan or even an uber doesn't mean they can't offer an objective and contrary opinion to what's posted here. It's bloody irritating sometimes to not feel you can be a fan of V and M but not criticize their faults or someone's negative opinions of their rivals. I still think V and M are superior skaters in pretty much every way but it doesn't mean I ascribe to every negative, challenging opinion of D and W. And I don't think it's fair to label someone as " patrolling" just because they feel the same way as I just posted above.
    Thank you very much, chantilly. I agree with every word in your post - including Tessa and Scott being superior skaters, but also including the second part of that sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bue View Post
    Thank you, chantilly. I know laura can be a bit... difficult, but I can't work out what she has written on the topic of the music to provoke these accusations of policing the thread? Her opinion seems perfectly legitimate and I more or less agree with her.
    Thank you too, Bue. And, yes, I am a bit difficult with my trying to be fair and objective. Stephane Lambiel is my all time favorite skater, and I absolutely love him, but I just tried to prove to my mother that he is not that much more special than everyone else (or, rather, that everyone else is not that much less special) .
    Last edited by lauravvv; 12-16-2013 at 01:13 AM.

vCash
    As requested, Paul Moir discusses Skate Sharpening...

http://youtu.be/ssIV94cucDk

(Excuse the resolution switch a minute into the video. It is apparently related to the video recording on the site)

vCash
    Laura, I never said you can't do all those things. I'll respond to this right now, then we can it to pm (which I should have done in the first place). I don't know, but for the longest time I've felt you go overboard/overcompensate in your posts in your attempt to seem fair. Not sure how to word this that wouldn't further upset you to be honest, which I'm not trying to do by the way. Sometimes your posts don't seem completely genuine to me, but you say things just so you appear fair. Like that one time you said that it was an exaggeration when people explain how difficult Carmen was. I just thought you were trying very hard to appear objective and "fair" to outsiders. And you go out your way sometimes to point out the fact that you're just merely a fan and not a Tessa and Scott uber; to me that came across as you not wanting to be associated with those crazy, extreme Tessa and Scott fans. I have no problem with you criticizing Tessa and Scott or liking their rivals. And I never have as I don't shy away from voicing my own critics of Tessa and Scott. Anyways this is what I feel and if I'm wrong then I apologize, but in all honesty this is how things have come across to me.

Thanks rvi5.

vCash
    Pani I think what Carol, Kurt, and Brenda meant was that the magic wasn't there in previous outings of Seasons, but something finally clicked at the GPF and they get it now--feels like the first time they saw it.
    That is what the British Eurosport commentator also said, more or less. He said that it has been very good before, but this time the magic was there (he actually used those actual words).

vCash
    Yet another. They keep pumping these out...

http://youtu.be/MK0ZtPNKNxQ

vCash
    Yet another. They keep pumping these out...

http://youtu.be/MK0ZtPNKNxQ
    Thank you a lot! They look great! Such a beautiful ice dance team, no matter what Laura say :-)
    Laura, sorry I respond to your post. Of cause you could post all you want where you want, but be ready to read responds from crazy ubers in this case :-)
    And why you didn't post in DW thread anymore? VM not only one thread on FSU

Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast