Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think the Oly outcome is still somewhat open. Even the teams that win in the GPF may not mean the same team will win in Olys.
    Anyway we cannot fight against what is going to be. If we say there is politiking then does that mean that in 2010 T&S won because of politiking or does it mean that they deserved it? Was the deal then that Canada and US was to have one medal each and when Evan won mens T&S had to win Dance?
    I dont think its so simple and I dont want it to be so simple.
    So I am just going to bury my head in the sand and enjoy the skating. Being a big Chanfan I naturally want him to win... being a big VM fan I naturally want them to win but regardless of what I want the result will be what it is..

I am just going to enjoy the skating from now till season end...

vCash
    Hi guys, a couple of things. What Patrick said in the interview I heard was that he was willing to do one OR two - but the decision would be made by the Federation, the skater and ??? I didn't hear what the third was..., but I gather no decisions have been made yet. Does anyone know how much room the rules leave for changing minds late in the game? As far as I've read, Kevin's problem was/is boots not injury, though he was injured earlier. He skipped CofR to try to make up for lost time. KO is certainly injured but at least back on the ice now. We'll see if she skates in the Challenge... same weekend as the GPF- though she hasn't been doing triples in practice yet, so we can't expect much.. We've still a good shot at a medal - if not the gold medal in team. MTM and W/P were both off in the short - but I'm not counting them out yet. I'm with Emdee about enjoying the rest of the season, though this morning brought less than joy. Maybe tomorrow...

vCash
    He said the decision would be made by his coach and SC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    If we say there is politiking then does that mean that in 2010 T&S won because of politiking or does it mean that they deserved it?
    I think V/M arrived at the perfect time in ice dance history to win a gold medal. They had the skills that made everyone take notice; They delivered when it counted which was at home; The Russians were injured. The most important is the last - if D&S had been ready for prime time, they'd have won the gold medal.

vCash
    I will try to keep doing these if people are still interested, but it might take me a few days.

F: This is something different. If you could be in any movie, what genre would you choose?

T & S: [pointing to Scott] Romantic comedies.

S: I like romantic movies. [awwing] I know, I know. Well when I go to the movies I want to feel good. It’s easy, I don’t want to think to much. No, I like thrillers and stuff like that too, but I’m a sucker for a good rom-com and something where everything ties up at the end, where everyones happy. It’s so cheesy. [to Tessa] What about you?

T: I know know what to answer, I think I would be a terrible actress. So maybe like animations, I don’t know.

S: Monster’s Inc [laughter]

F: So which genre? Animation?

T: Honestly I don’t know

S: You could be nemo!

T: Yeah, right. It would just be my voice, but I don’t have a good voice either.

S: What about classics?

T: Oh, it would be cool to do a period piece like Downton Abbey. You know how it’s set in England-

F: Or like Pride and Prejudice.

T: Yeah, exactly! That would be cool, that would be really cool.

F: Yeah that would be very good for you.

S: We’ll just answer the questions from now on [jokingly patting Tessa’s shoulder] We know you better than you. [laughter]

vCash
    I hope you keep doing it, cgirl8! I appreciate it. The las one was actually one of my favorite parts of the interview.

This has nothing to do with V-M, but I had to post it here because it's so funny! http://25.media.tumblr.com/d501b4167...5l9co1_500.jpg
    Last edited by Golightly; 11-23-2013 at 03:09 AM.

vCash
    Thank you very much cgirl8!!!!

vCash
    Thanks cgirl8! That last bit is so funny!

vCash
    A team like V-M, which ambitious steps and transitions, not to mention much superior dancing skills, should be getting recognized for them, but when you limit the scoring to black-and-white levels and then you even can't reward superior edges and in-hold difficulty, you're holding the good ones back, instead of adapting the system to a much superior rulebook because a team has proven that more can be done.
    This is going back in the thread a bit but I wanted to ask Golightly why this is true in ice dance when it's not true in the other disciplines? In other disciplines, the quality of the actual skating has become even more important. Even in a trick-dense discipline like pairs, quality skating can push a team ahead of another team that's more content packed and has put in more complex tricks. The quality skating of V/T vaults them ahead of teams that try to pack their programs with more difficult transitions or added difficulty, possibly because some of those transitions don't really say a great deal about the skating itself, but just adds challenge to the trick that's coming.

Pairs doesn't allow the quantity-over-quality formula. The rules are also very clear about the components of a difficult element - the skaters can't just make it up.

Ice dance seems like an outlier where quality skating is incidental while meanwhile it's emphasized even more in singles and pairs. How did the rules for ice dance develop to allow teams to actually work around skating, while the rules for singles and pairs made quality skating the difference between the winner and the runner up?

vCash
    bluegrass, I disagree that the Russians would have won if they'd been ready for prime time. Virtue and Moir were simply superior by that time. DS were never top of the line. Their win in 2009 at Worlds was very controversial even versus an undertrained Virtue and Moir and a rocky Belbin and Agosto.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post

This has nothing to do with V-M, but I had to post it here because it's so funny! http://25.media.tumblr.com/d501b4167...5l9co1_500.jpg
    Hahahaha Thanks for that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotation View Post
    Thank you!

Scott and I always say that we put more pressure on ourselves than anyone else. Heading into our second Olympics, I'd say I feel more stress than ever! We want to make Canada proud, and if we didn't defend our title I worry it would be a disappointment. That said, we are also four years more mature and hopefully we are able to rely on our experience. It is a wonderful opportunity for us to truly be present and embrace each moment.
    O, Tessa! You never disappointed me. You did so much for ice dance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotation View Post
    Thanks

vCash
    F: And if someone decided to make a movie about your life, what genre would it be? And maybe an name for the movie.

S: Scary, I think. [laughter]

T: That’s a good question.

S: Yeah, it would be a bio-pic.

F: What would you name your movie?

S: We had a couple names that we came up with. [looking at Tessa] What were the good ones? The really cheesy ones… Didn’t we have a couple names?

T: I don’t remember.

S: Tessa and Scott on Thin Ice. Really cheesy though, I love cheesy things. [laughter] I don’t know, what would you guys name it?

F: We don’t know! [another person] Tessa, Scott and the Umbrellas.

S: Yeah. I like that one. You get the budget, I’m in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cgirl8 View Post
    F: And if someone decided to make a movie about your life, what genre would it be? And maybe an name for the movie.

S: Scary, I think. [laughter]

T: That’s a good question.

S: Yeah, it would be a bio-pic.

F: What would you name your movie?

S: We had a couple names that we came up with. [looking at Tessa] What were the good ones? The really cheesy ones… Didn’t we have a couple names?

T: I don’t remember.

S: Tessa and Scott on Thin Ice. Really cheesy though, I love cheesy things. [laughter] I don’t know, what would you guys name it?

F: We don’t know! [another person] Tessa, Scott and the Umbrellas.

S: Yeah. I like that one. You get the budget, I’m in.
    I thought she said 'Under the Umbrellas"? Did everyone see what Jeffrey Buttle said on his twitter today?. I feel like it could be applied to Tessa and Scott's loss at 2013 Worlds.

vCash
    What did he said?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    What did he said?
    He said this: https://twitter.com/J_Butt/status/404321674839224320

Skating cannot afford this kind of judging. Epic fail at Cup of Russia. Is a medal for your country worth the demise of the entire sport?

vCash
    Hm.... Did he mean WP marks? I disagree with him, because WP just lost some levels and will get 70 and 104 with clean skating - its very good marks for them.
    But Kostner lose to Lipnitskay with falls - its over the top. Caro is one of the best female skate in the history (IMHO)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    well, they probably won't mind, as long as they get a spot on the olympic podium than suffer the embarrassment of not having a russian team there.

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast