Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I like the pink dress, it is delicate and fits well in the program. And I had not thought about pink before and when I first saw it, I thought it was the perfect color.
    But I'd love something a liiiittle bit darker, but not a barbie pink lol
    But if she changed the color, I'd like something with the color of the ocean. Something deep.

vCash
    As someone who suffered through the Barbie phase with my kids her dresses are NOT Barbie pink

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Her beige mahler dress had visible illusion straps as well, so she might actually like that look.
    That season as well she was experimenting with different dresses. She and Marina had different visions. So it's possible that is why one of her dresses then had similar to this one.

I agree with pani. They should wear warmer colours, they work better with the story they are trying to tell. I wouldn't mind seeing her and Scott switch colours just to see how she looks in the darker shade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing her and Scott switch colours just to see how she looks in the darker shade.
    The Bordeaux red might be a bit too heavy for Tessa's light complexion. I hope she keeps the pink theme with a little darker shade and a dress that looks less like a nightgown. But as long as Scott doesn't wear pink everything's okay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    I also absolutely detested that beige Mahler dress the color clashed so much with her skin. I hope she never wears something like that.
    It's funny reading through these last posts and so many different opinions on Tessa's dresses. Beauty in the eye of the beholder.

I have to say I agree with this sentiment. I detested the beige Mahler dress, I thought it was one of the ugliest skating dresses I ever saw on Tessa. I might have liked the concept a little more (maybe!) if it hadn't been for the pukey beige color. (Gag!)

I didn't like any of the first Mahler dresses so I was really happy the one for the Olympics ended up being something so beautiful.

As far as the present pink dress for the Seasons FD. I liked the change to a chiffon skirt, it really made it flow nicely.

I also love the bodice, but not the illusion straps. One of the reasons I like this bodice is because it's so very different from the iconic Mahler (Olympic) dress. I think it's important this FD dress be as different as possible from that Mahler dress.

vCash
    I actually liked the pinky-beige dress, I guess because it's a colour few can wear. Her Olympic dress was perfection. Just out of curiosity, does anyone think that if Scott had worn a tux for the SD they'd have beaten DW? That's the only thing I can find that they had over VM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone think that if Scott had worn a tux for the SD they'd have beaten DW? That's the only thing I can find that they had over VM.
    No.

I didn't like her Olympic FD dress. I wish the bodice had been more fitted and was a different shape overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    Danielle, that is so cool! You are so lucky to have trained with Paul as well.
    Will you be photographing Nationals? I hope so!
    I certainly hope I will be granted accreditation! I've applied! I'm counting down the days already.

vCash
    I actually liked the pinky-beige dress, I guess because it's a colour few can wear. Her Olympic dress was perfection. Just out of curiosity, does anyone think that if Scott had worn a tux for the SD they'd have beaten DW? That's the only thing I can find that they had over VM.
    Lol yea I don't think that would have helped.

I too absolutely hated that beige dress she wore for Nats. I thought it was horrible and it goes on the bad list along with the sparkly dress from ANMHE (though people say it was spectacular live) and that sparkly black dress she tried in practice for FF.

I hope you get the accreditation Dani! It's finally hitting me that I'm going to be there live. I really can't believe it.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    can anyone show videos that compare body leaning vs. executing a really good edge?

since we're talking about bladework, can someone make illustrative videos between v/m's bladework in their FD vs other teams'? that way, there's more proof to what v/m fans are talking about their skating rather than just what other teams' fans would accuse v/m fans as ubership

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    can anyone show videos that compare body leaning vs. executing a really good edge?

since we're talking about bladework, can someone make illustrative videos between v/m's bladework in their FD vs other teams'? that way, there's more proof to what v/m fans are talking about their skating rather than just what other teams' fans would accuse v/m fans as ubership
    Actually, effective use and management of body lean is part of strong edging technique. What teams often lose levels on in step sequences and pattern dances is incorrectly placing the blade and then leaning onto the correct edge. Another sign of good edging technique is keeping the upper body relaxed (not throwing the body forward or into the ice).

I wish i could make videos but i am really technologically-challenged. But there are some good ones on youtube that i used to help me with my skating.

Btw, i hope you get accreditation, Danielle!

Golightly, i also loved the design of that GPF/nationals dress but wish they would have done it in more of a blush/dusty rose. It looked like couture.

vCash
    Tessa looks best in a dress with a low cut back (ala Mahler), it accentuates her perfect posture and makes her looks more regal. I would love the seasons costuming if Scott stayed the same and Tessa had a pink dress in the same shade as the current, but with a cut closer to the Mahler or 2011 SD dress.

vCash

"Crazy Project"

Ehy guys, I made a crazy (or maybe not) project...

We have always accused DW to be the same in every program, saying that if you put another music does not change anything, just the costumes. Well, that's what I did. Last night, I began simply out of curiosity and to take away this doubt, but the doubt has materialized. So I decided to make these videos so as to show them to you and see what you think. I swapped the musics and programs of the past season with the current one, ditto for VM .. with the only difference that for the FD I used Mahler seen that is the object of criticism this year.

Davis & White - I have found that 95% (or something more) of all 4 programs fits perfectly.

DW #1 Giselle - My Fair Lady

DW #1 My Fair Lady - Giselle

DW #3 Notre Dame - Sherazade

DW #4 Sherazade - Notre Dame

Virtue & Moir - Not matches absolutely nothing.

VM #1 And The Waltz Go On - Cheek to Cheek

VM #2 Cheek to Cheek - And The Waltz Go On

VM #3 Mahler - Seasons

VM #4 Seasons - Mahler

vCash
    *Ice Princess* , good joke

vCash
    My question about Scott in a tux was actually not meant to be humorous. Wasn't White told in earlier years that the judges wanted to see him in a tux? Or am I imagining that. If costuming weren't important there wouldn't be so many posts about poor Tessa's dresses here. Sometimes I think a few of these costume criticisms are just a sneaky way to criticize her body type - not all but some. Anyway here's the question then, is costuming reflected in the final mark either officially or unofficially?

vCash
    What? What's wrong with her body type and why would we even sneakily criticize it? We're just saying that a better dress might accentuate certain features she has. As mentioned above, she has impeccable posture. That makes her look very regal. She needs a dress that shows off her arm and back lines, like the Funny Face dress did or many others she's worn. Even last year's dress for the SD. So, no, no one here's criticizing her "body type", whatever that means.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Ice Princess* View Post

We have always accused DW to be the same in every program, saying that if you put another music does not change anything, just the costumes. Well, that's what I did. Last night, I began simply out of curiosity and to take away this doubt, but the doubt has materialized. So I decided to make these videos so as to show them to you and see what you think. I swapped the musics and programs of the past season with the current one, ditto for VM .. with the only difference that for the FD I used Mahler seen that is the object of criticism this year.

Davis & White - I have found that 95% (or something more) of all 4 programs fits perfectly.

VM #3 Mahler - Seasons

VM #4 Seasons - Mahler
    Giselle and Mfl unbelievable. .....they even hit the notes!

The Mahler beginning works with seasons but then the dance and the music part ways.

vCash
    My question about Scott in a tux was actually not meant to be humorous. Wasn't White told in earlier years that the judges wanted to see him in a tux? Or am I imagining that. If costuming weren't important there wouldn't be so many posts about poor Tessa's dresses here. Sometimes I think a few of these costume criticisms are just a sneaky way to criticize her body type - not all but some. Anyway here's the question then, is costuming reflected in the final mark either officially or unofficially?
    i don't get why you keep repeating that--that criticisms on v/m's costumes are veiled attacks on them. fans will always have opinions on what might be better or enhance their chances of winning, like saying brad pitt needs to get his hair trimmed.

vCash
    I think costumes are very important, thats why skaters spend a lot off money on there skating outfit. I am not sure judges tell skaters to change outfit (i read, that ISU officials didnt like Tessas SD dress from last season), but skaters try to find costumes, wich will work with there programs better, will be more beautifull (and like Zoueva said - a lot off depend even from light at the arena).
    I think we discussed VM costumes just because we wish them to be in there best at OG. But again, all people have different opinins. Like with Mahler dresses.
    That dress from Nationals and GPF maybe look great in static (but i think this color didnt loo good on Tessa) and were very baletic, but it didnt look good in motions.
    And when i see her dress from the OG i understand, that this maybe not best dress ever, but it very simple, beautifull and look good during liftes.

As for my favorite Tessas dresses. Waltz Triste, FF, golden for Latin FD and one from Nice SD, Carmen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Ice Princess* View Post

VM #3 Mahler - Seasons

VM #4 Seasons - Mahler
    I've watched teams practice while another team's music is playing many times, where you would swear that it could be their music. I think in watching these videos you've proven that both teams could interchange their music. I thought that Scott and Tessa's Mahler-Seasons had many areas where it appeared they were "right on" the music. I don't think having music that fits a different program proves that you do the same program every year, it only proves that there are many programs choreographed to similar rhythms and beats of music, as in those montages that people make for youtube. They lay any old piece of music over a video and it works perfectly. This proves that D/W and V/M either do the same program every year or neither of them does. Look again, I think your bias is showing...just saying.

Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast