Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Re the press conference, why didn't someone ask about the mistake on the twizzle that didn't get dinged? This panel must be very pro D/W so I assume the FD is already won. These records are nothing but ISU hype - they mean nothing of real value.

vCash
    I wonder how many of these judges at the GPF will also be judging at the Olympics?

vCash
    Have they been picked for Sochi yet? I suppose it's a moot point because we don't even get to know who the problem judges are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    Have they been picked for Sochi yet? I suppose it's a moot point because we don't even get to know who the problem judges are.
    Yes, they were picked already. You could find the list of judges, who could work at OG on ISU site. There will be a lot off pro-Russian judges.

I wish all luck to TS tomorrow, fingers crossed for there clean skating.

vCash
    Finally had a chance to watch both performances and you guys were not over-reacting at all! It's sad that the sport has come to this but what can we do?

Wishing Tessa and Scott best of luck for tomorrow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    Finally had a chance to watch both performances and you guys were not over-reacting at all! It's sad that the sport has come to this but what can we do?

Wishing Tessa and Scott best of luck for tomorrow!
    of course, v/m fans are over-reacting. that issue in the d/w twizzle was not even an error--they just lost synchronization and that they should still get level 4 and +3 GOEs on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    of course, v/m fans are over-reacting. that issue in the d/w twizzle was not even an error--they just lost synchronization and that they should still get level 4 and +3 GOEs on it.
    I surprised they didn't create a level 5 for those twizzles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Does anyone here think that its also fair that D/W should get higher PCS in choreography when they have been using the same lift for 3 years in a row (unlike V/M who haven't used their lift since 2012).
    And they were also using a similar version in 2009

vCash
    I just watched their SD on YT and I have to say it was brilliant. I loved, loved, loved it. They were so fast, so expressive and yet did every element with technical brilliance. I am shocked it didn't place first with the mistake on the twizzles of D&W. But V&M can be really happy with that skate. They can't control anything else, but when you've skated your best, as they did, I am sure there is a personal satisfaction which may be of some comfort. If anything, the score and the belief which I am sure they now have, that D&W will win no matter what V&M do, might give us another fabulous performance in the FD. The pressure is on D&W to live up to the hype. We will see what happens. Nonetheless, I am delighted for V&M that they had that brilliant skate at the GPF.

vCash
    Does anyone know how their FD practices are going? Anything new or different? I was fairly confident that they were going to skate the SD well after TEB, though I never imagined it would be that good, but I have to admit I'm now afraid their FD is going to be totally trashed by the judges.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkenn View Post
    IIf anything, the score and the belief which I am sure they now have, that D&W will win no matter what V&M do, might give us another fabulous performance in the FD.
    I also hope that this will take some of the pressure off of V/M. I'd think that they know given the judging today that D/W will win no matter what happens. They have a good ~10 point lead over B/S. They're not moving ahead, they're not going to fall behind. Without that hanging over their heads, hopefully they can just skate well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    Does anyone know how their FD practices are going? Anything new or different? I was fairly confident that they were going to skate the SD well after TEB, though I never imagined it would be that good, but I have to admit I'm now afraid their FD is going to be totally trashed by the judges.
    the FD will be trashed. if the judges can afford to trash v/m's perfect SD with d/w's flawed SD, the FD wont stand a chance at all. i'd rather keep my expectations low and just be pleasantly surprised if v/m does get to pull ahead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    the FD will be trashed. if the judges can afford to trash v/m's perfect SD with d/w's flawed SD, the FD wont stand a chance at all. i'd rather keep my expectations low and just be pleasantly surprised if v/m does get to pull ahead.
    I think 'trashed' is a bit strong. They did hold a world record for all of 7 minutes today

vCash
    All of this today is so frustating -.-
    I hope that Tessa e Scott could have a great skate tomorrow and hope they could enjoy the moment, forgetting what happened today. They are the REAL detentors of world record!!!

All the best wishes for them! GO TESSA e SCOTT!! You're the BEST ever, anyway! We love you! Vi amiamo!!! <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Ice Princess* View Post
    All of this today is so frustating -.-
    I hope that Tessa e Scott could have a great skate tomorrow and hope they could enjoy the moment, forgetting what happened today. They are the REAL detentors of world record!!!

All the best wishes for them! GO TESSA e SCOTT!! You're the BEST ever, anyway! We love you! Vi amiamo!!! <3
    Aww Princess! It was one of the most kind thing I've read today... Tomorrow I will not be watching it. Anyway maybe it will be better to watch the FD after, more calmly. But I'll be all the time with them in mind and sending positive vibes!

vCash
    What I found interesting after looking at the protocols is this:
    one judge gave V/M GOE of +2 on their first four elements and then a +1 GOE on their rotational lift. This is the same judge who gave V/M 8.5 for skating skills and 8.75 for Linking Footwork, 9.25 for both Performance & Choreography along with a 9.00 for interpretation. In what reality do V/M skate like they did in their SD today and deserve those marks? Apparently someone in that group.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    One more thought...it must be comforting for D/W to know that they can go out there, make one mistake and still be ahead.

I read that post on here about the Chinese ISU judge doing commentary on D/W vs V/M. I wonder where he heard the rumour about Tessa being injured a lot and them having to lessen their training. Has Marina floated that one out there? Igor?
    Marina did. She spoke candidly about how Tessa was rattled by the injury at 4CC so she was skating a bit hesitantly at Worlds, which might have caused the mistake on the twizzles. She actually mentioned that Tessa was having confidence issues after the injury. Many of us thought Marina sharing that publicly was way out of line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Subway View Post
    Look how this sport treats the public. It's not accountable. Unless the American media jumps on it - and the only time I can think it did the media was wrong (S&P versus B&S), the sport doesn't explain. How is it built into figure skating that the judges don't have to answer questions to the public or explain a result if questions are asked?
    You are so right. Figure skating isn't accountable to anyone and that is the problem. Yes this isn't even about D/W. It's about this damn 'sport' that just keeps showing itself as the corrupt, crooked, embarassment that it's always been. The judges can do whatever the hell they want and sorry we just have to live with it. No accountability, no repercussions, no shame. They almost seemed, for a second when this new system came to be that they just might of gotten the message but I see they just can't help themselves. Screw the athletes and screw their hard work, the hours they waste, the lives they sacrifice and for what? So in the end a judge can do what ever the heck they want with no explanation necessary? I am beyond fed up.

....and while this isn't all about D/W I can't help but be amused that some people think us V/M fans ought to be 'ecstatic' that they are so close to D/W. That it proves they are 'still in the race'. They skated a damn near perfect SD and yet still got beaten by a team who wasn't? I don't give a damn either that it's only .07 cause guess what they still lose whether it's .07 or 10 points. What happened wasn't right and what is happening in this sport isn't right and I'm not gonna just sit here, be 'grateful' and pretend that it is.
    Last edited by sequins; 12-07-2013 at 12:51 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    You are so right. Figure skating isn't accountable to anyone and that is the problem. Yes this isn't even about D/W. It's about this damn 'sport' that just keeps showing itself as the corrupt, crooked, embarassment that it's always been. The judges can do whatever the hell they want and sorry we just have to live with it. No accountability, no repercussions, no shame. They almost seemed, for a second when this new system came to be that they just might of gotten the message but I see they just can't help themselves. Screw the athletes and screw their hard work, the hours they waste, the lives they sacrifice and for what? So in the end a judge can do what ever the heck they want with no explanation necessary? I am beyond fed up.

....and while this isn't all about D/W I can't help but be amused that some people think us V/M fans ought to be 'ecstatic' that they are so close to D/W. That it proves they are 'still in the race'. They skated a damn near perfect SD and yet still got beaten by a team who wasn't? I don't give a damn either that it's only .07 cause guess what they still lose whether it's .07 or 10 points. What happened wasn't right and what is happening in this sport isn't right and I'm not gonna just sit here, be 'grateful' and pretend that it is.
    of course, v/m fans have to be grateful because v/m apparently don't work as hard or as smart as d/w do.

vCash
    So inquiring minds wish to know your thoughts on the twizzle mistakes of these two:

V/M's SD at 2013 Worlds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t46vJL8ABrs go to about the 2:15 mark for where they begin the twizzles

D/W SD at 2013 GPF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yStrH3MDEuk where you should go to about the 1:55 mark.

I look at the two videos and those mistakes look pretty much the same to me. However, the scoring of them is rather ... interesting.

Some look at the V/M mistake and say yeah, a mistake, should have been dinged. D/W were clean so of course they deserve a better score on that element and better GOE too. Many would agree that a reduction in the GOE was warranted but not as much as was received. Still unsure as to why the twizzle was downgraded too, but it was. Then there was a lowering of some of the PCS. OK, they messed up but the level of their deductions did not reflect the level of their mistake. There really was no call for the amount of marks lost on that element.

And then you have the SDs at the GPF. Looking at the D/W twizzle mistake, most say yes, it's a mistake and it should be reflected in the marks. V/M were clean on the element so of course V/M should have scored better on the element. And yet, that isn't what happened. In the eyes of most of those judges, the D/W twizzles were done just as cleanly and those done by V/M. In fact, some judges didn't even lower the GOE for the "loss of synchronization" that took place today. The PCS also did not reflect a timing issue when 3 -- yes 3 -- of the judges gave D/W a perfect 10 for interpretation/timing. BTW, that particular PCS carries the most weight when factored -- you get the full 100% of the mark compared to the 80% you'd get with skating skills. Guess I know which of the PCS I'd be aiming for perfection in the SD.
    Crazy about sports!

Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast