Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krystha View Post
    Even Meryl and Charlie were surprised... it says a lot
    Not sure about that:

http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2013/...l-day-2-recap/

“It definitely felt like a season’s best in terms of performance and technically,” Davis said. “There’s a lot of room for growth in this program still which we are really excited about. It definitely feels like the best we have put out this season and it’s nice to see that on the scoreboard as well.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaud View Post
    Why is there no discussion in the media whatsoever about these scores and the russian event?
    Because SC are happy TS lose only 0,07
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    I am sure they are both OK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krystha View Post
    Scott is pretty emotional He's probably upset about it.
    I don't blame him. I would be upset too. I want him to speak out, but then I know people will call him a douche. You can never win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Is it just me or does she sound so full of herself?

vCash
    Not sure if the B ESP version of the SD has been posted. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzUKvQBX8UI

I'm just so happy they skated so well. That's all I can ask for from them.
    I just want them to skate the same way in the FD, and do it for themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Is it just me or does she sound so full of herself?
    They just do what I think V&M need to do. Talk about how great and strong and fit they are and stop complimenting other teams. Which is why I disagree with your other post that they should speak out. He did that in 2012 and imo goes overboard in the other direction to try to make up for that one moment in time.

vCash
    Not sure about that:

http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2013/...l-day-2-recap/

“It definitely felt like a season’s best in terms of performance and technically,” Davis said. “There’s a lot of room for growth in this program still which we are really excited about. It definitely feels like the best we have put out this season and it’s nice to see that on the scoreboard as well.”

You know, when V-M make mistakes, they go out there and say, yeah, it wasn't perfect, yeah, we made mistakes. EVEN when they won. And their detractors often use their own words against them, famously after Worlds 2012. This is something I have often criticized of them. They are publicly self-critical, harsh even sometimes. You need to sell it. So, honestly, Davis is doing what she has to do. Sure, it's not exactly sportsmanlike, but ultimately, it is what teams need to do.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    You know, when V-M make mistakes, they go out there and say, yeah, it wasn't perfect, yeah, we made mistakes. EVEN when they won. And their detractors often use their own words against them, famously after Worlds 2012. This is something I have often criticized of them. They are publicly self-critical, harsh even sometimes. You need to sell it. So, honestly, Davis is doing what she has to do. Sure, it's not exactly sportsmanlike, but ultimately, it is what teams need to do.
    In the past, I respected them for their humbleness in this regard. They have to stop though and keep those conversations to themselves.

vCash
    After the scores popped up and Meryl saw that they were in first it sounded like she said, "Wow! I thought we were second."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...kljhUqa8#t=390
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

vCash
    Does anyone here think that its also fair that D/W should get higher PCS in choreography when they have been using the same lift for 3 years in a row (unlike V/M who haven't used their lift since 2012).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Does anyone here think that its also fair that D/W should get higher PCS in choreography when they have been using the same lift for 3 years in a row (unlike V/M who haven't used their lift since 2012).
    I think there's a lot of unfairness overall with the PCS when Tessa and Scott definitely have better skating skills and skate so closely together. I'm sad that I didn't get to see Tessa and Scott live because the horrible scoring has ruined it for me.

vCash
    I think that V & M's short dance at the GPF will be one for the ages. It will be a performance I will go back to over and over because it is just ice dancing at its absolute best in my opinion. I bet I will watch the dance 5 times today at least! Stunning!

vCash
    I believe this is the best short dance since the format was implemented in 2010.

vCash
    I believe this is the best short dance since the format was implemented in 2010.
    ITA It is a masterpiece.

vCash
    I love V&M's short. They will prevail!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Who cares? What does that solve? I couldn't give a damn about what they feel or don't feel. This is isn't about Davis and White or the Davis and White fans. This is about the sport and the lack of question from skaters, coaches, and the media. Had a call like this one happened in any other sport where the judge decides, say, a chair umpire in tennis ruling hindrance or a let, which are calls solely dependent on the JUDGE, had this happened there, everyone would be questioning and wondering what happened and even write about it. Here, it happens and everyone moves on. It is not okay. It was a clear mistake on an element, hell, it even got a shiny level 4!
    Look how this sport treats the public. It's not accountable. Unless the American media jumps on it - and the only time I can think it did the media was wrong (S&P versus B&S), the sport doesn't explain. How is it built into figure skating that the judges don't have to answer questions to the public or explain a result if questions are asked?

vCash
    If anything, this flawless charismatic performance by V/M helps to highlight the fact that D&W's marks are consistently inflated beyond their real value. Perhaps some of these so-called tv experts will step back and provide a more realistic commentary on the scoring for the latter. I really don't know how V/M can improve that SD - it was stunning in it's interpretation and had all their characteristic fluidity - just stunning.

vCash
    Yeah she's definitely doing what she needs to do. She must have changed her mind from the K&C to the press conference though. Her press conf quote is very typical D/W-speak (aka propaganda/hype).

I wonder what Marina thinks of this judging?

vCash
    Tessa and Scott's SD performance was flawless and pure magic on ice. I could watch it over and over without getting tired.
    I didn't understand how V/M and D/W could be so close on the technical elements scores and it really beats me why V/M lost the PCS to their rivals.

The very best of luck to Tessa and Scott with the free dance tomorrow although going by how they are being judged, it would take a miracle for them to win the FD.

vCash
    One more thought...it must be comforting for D/W to know that they can go out there, make one mistake and still be ahead.

I read that post on here about the Chinese ISU judge doing commentary on D/W vs V/M. I wonder where he heard the rumour about Tessa being injured a lot and them having to lessen their training. Has Marina floated that one out there? Igor?

Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast