Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    Deb, your post is very rational and well explained. I challenge the DW ubers who are reading this thread and commenting about all the crazy VM ubers to explain why VM fans should not be upset by this.

What is the explanation for a +3 GOE for errors in the twizzles?
    coz it was super fast regardless of the loss in synchronization?

vCash
    That was a wonderful performance by Scott and Tessa. Best set of twizzles in a long time. Really well done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Hi, guys! I was very happy to see TS score after SD Good job, guys, you got all levels 4, you show clean SD and break even WR. Keep this and skate clean FD, please.
    Last season with clean SD they lost in GPF to DW 2 points i think, so its good improvement.
    Its interesting, that CL had illigal element, why judges didnt tell them about it at GP?
    Feel bad for PB Dont know, what to say. Good thing they changed lift.
    And i found in interesting, that DW show again old lift, wich i see last 8 years, so i was right - that new lift couldnt get levl 4, but why they got it?

I see you are vey unhappy, but remember last season and that tomorrow will be FD and its very strong part of competition for DW. So i wish TS clean skating an at least i wish to see smiles on there faces.
    Well it's good to see you positive, pani! You've been a source of that for quite a while now on this board. I, too, wish Tessa & Scott to have a fabulous FD tomorrow & to be happy with their skates.

vCash
    Pardon my French, but f&*k this s*%t. I don't even have the energy to rage. I just feel really sad for all the teams and all the fans of teams who have ever been royally screwed over by the judging of this "sport".

The Eurosport guys adored Tessa and Scott today. They were in rapture at the end! Chris thought it was one of the best performances he had EVER seen from them. (I agree. People who say they have regressed need only watch this incredible performance.) By contrast they thought Meryl and Charlie were "flat" and the choreography was weak in the last portion of the program. They were very surprised at the marks. Obviously. Who wasn't? Including Meryl and Charlie and Marina!!

vCash
    Even Meryl and Charlie were surprised... it says a lot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    of course, the d/w ubers are downplaying the mistake in the twizzles as not horribly evident. i dont know what they were looking at.
    In the D/W ubers' defence, even they acknowledge that V/M should have won today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lety View Post
    Yes, and Meryl and Charlie knew they would be second before their scores were shown --what didn't happen, of course :/. Even them knew Tessa and Scott were best.
    I hope they feel guitly that they didn't earn their 5th GPF title fair and square.

vCash
    Looking at the positive. They killed that SD and they know it. And we know it. To see their smiles at the end they knew they nailed it. I missed seeing those looks and hope to see more of them in the future. They need to ignore all the stuff that is out of their control and just believe in themselves. When they did that in 2012 they turned the tide. They can do it again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    I hope they feel guitly that they didn't earn their 5th GPF title fair and square.
    Who cares? What does that solve? I couldn't give a damn about what they feel or don't feel. This is isn't about Davis and White or the Davis and White fans. This is about the sport and the lack of question from skaters, coaches, and the media. Had a call like this one happened in any other sport where the judge decides, say, a chair umpire in tennis ruling hindrance or a let, which are calls solely dependent on the JUDGE, had this happened there, everyone would be questioning and wondering what happened and even write about it. Here, it happens and everyone moves on. It is not okay. It was a clear mistake on an element, hell, it even got a shiny level 4! That should not happen. The technical panel is there to do their job, so it is not at all far-fetched that fans question the panel, but what we say or do has little relevance. The ones who should be talking about it aren't talking about it.

This is also when it works against V-M to share a coach with D-W. It's the coach's to bring these things into question. I remember, last year, Igor said after the FD at SC that V-M should've perhaps gotten a time deduction on an extended lift. Everyone here called Igor all kids of names, I didn't. He was doing his job, he was speaking out, even if he wasn't right, he put it out there to make people question that lift, people started timing the lift at home, it became a thing. That's what coach a does when there is a call that leaves open the possibility of a QUESTION. Marina won't do that because there is a clear conflict of interests if she did.

So, really, I could not care less about how DW feel, this is not about them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Who cares? What does that solve? I couldn't give a damn about what they feel or don't feel. This is isn't about Davis and White or the Davis and White fans. This is about the sport and the lack of question from skaters, coaches, and the media. Had a call like this one happened in any other sport where the judge decides, say, a chair umpire in tennis ruling hindrance or a let, which are calls solely dependent on the JUDGE, had this happened there, everyone would be questioning and wondering what happened and even write about it. Here, it happens and everyone moves on. It is not okay. It was a clear mistake on an element, hell, it even got a shiny level 4! That should not happen. The technical panel is there to do their job, so it is not at all far-fetched that fans question the panel, but what we say or do has little relevance. The ones who should be talking about it aren't talking about it.

This is also when it works against V-M to share a coach with D-W. It's the coach's to bring these things into question. I remember, last year, Igor said after the FD at SC that V-M should've perhaps gotten a time deduction on an extended lift. Everyone here called Igor all kids of names, I didn't. He was doing his job, he was speaking out, even if he wasn't right, he put it out there to make people question that lift, people started timing the lift at home, it became a thing. That's what coach a does when there is a call that leaves open the possibility of a QUESTION. Marina won't do that because there is a clear conflict of interests if she did.

So, really, I could not care less about how DW feel, this is not about them.
    You said it all.

Bravo!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krystha View Post
    Even Meryl and Charlie were surprised... it says a lot
    I think they was wonder, that TS were to close to them

vCash
    As I've said here many times, I'm a fan of both couples (Nathalie & Fabian are my faves). I really think both V/M & W/P were screwed today.
    You cannot compare the Finn Step of B/S to W/P or their flow across the ice.
    Tessa & Scott should be first right now. It's pure dance. I also don't see any emotional connection between Meryl & Charlie like I do Tessa & Scott.
    If V/M can't beat D/W when they make errors then what can they do when (Or if) they both skate clean at the Olympics ?.
    P/B were punished today for a below par skate-fair enough. D/W got away with it.
    In 22 years of watching skating I think of myself as a loyal fan but when things like this happen I find myself asking the question What does the ISU do for people like me who want to watch a fair competition ?.
    This is the tip of the iceberg. I guess that's why I'm so angry at this. No judge today will have to explain their reasons for giving the highest mark ever to a couple who made errors.
    Cup Of Russia two weeks ago was poorly judged & now this.
    The sport I adore is going to be ripped apat at the Olympics if this goes on.

vCash
    I never post in here because I'm not necessarily a Virtue/Moir uber, but watching the SD's on Youtube I thought that Tessa and Scott nailed it and should have been clearly ahead of Meryl and Charlie imo. V/M SD hit my heart strings in all the right places and left me with butterflies, while the mistake on D/W's twizzle didn't take much away for me as a casual fan, but their performance left me thinking ehhh they were okay today but they were flat and didn't emotionally bring it for me. Furthermore, I thought they were sloppy in a few places with leg lines and arm lines, where I had trouble faulting V/M.

I was disappointed with the scoring, I've never seen a SD so fulfilling as V/M's at this event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post
    As I've said here many times, I'm a fan of both couples (Nathalie & Fabian are my faves). I really think both V/M & W/P were screwed today.
    You cannot compare the Finn Step of B/S to W/P or their flow across the ice.
    Tessa & Scott should be first right now. It's pure dance. I also don't see any emotional connection between Meryl & Charlie like I do Tessa & Scott.
    If V/M can't beat D/W when they make errors then what can they do when (Or if) they both skate clean at the Olympics ?.
    P/B were punished today for a below par skate-fair enough. D/W got away with it.
    In 22 years of watching skating I think of myself as a loyal fan but when things like this happen I find myself asking the question What does the ISU do for people like me who want to watch a fair competition ?.
    This is the tip of the iceberg. I guess that's why I'm so angry at this. No judge today will have to explain their reasons for giving the highest mark ever to a couple who made errors.
    Cup Of Russia two weeks ago was poorly judged & now this.
    The sport I adore is going to be ripped apat at the Olympics if this goes on.
    I love Weaver and Poje and what happened in Moscow two weeks ago was so unfair. They were robbed.

vCash
    Has there been any quotes from the press conference? I'm interested to see how Scott handled himself...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    I never post in here because I'm not necessarily a Virtue/Moir uber, but watching the SD's on Youtube I thought that Tessa and Scott nailed it and should have been clearly ahead of Meryl and Charlie imo. V/M SD hit my heart strings in all the right places and left me with butterflies, while the mistake on D/W's twizzle didn't take much away for me as a casual fan, but their performance left me thinking ehhh they were okay today but they were flat and didn't emotionally bring it for me. Furthermore, I thought they were sloppy in a few places with leg lines and arm lines, where I had trouble faulting V/M.

I was disappointed with the scoring, I've never seen a SD so fulfilling as V/M's at this event.
    Thank you for this post. I whole-heartily agree. I just hope some one in power speaks up some one like Zhulin for example or Tarasova.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ceg15 View Post
    Has there been any quotes from the press conference? I'm interested to see how Scott handled himself...
    I am dying to know as well...

vCash
    Why is there no discussion in the media whatsoever about these scores and the russian event?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ceg15 View Post
    Scott is pretty emotional He's probably upset about it.

vCash
    delete

Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast