Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lety View Post
    The happiness I felt after seeing Tessa and Scott skating so well just went away. They couldn't have been more unjust. I'm starting to hate this sport. I really had not felt it before but I can't stand that farce anymore.
    I'll try to keep in mind that regardless of anything Tessa and Scott did their best, and this is the most important for me.
    Today's SD was draining for sure. I hope Tessa & Scott still feel wonderful after skating a great SD though they are second.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lety View Post
    The happiness I felt after seeing Tessa and Scott skating so well just went away. They couldn't have been more unjust. I'm starting to hate this sport. I really had not felt it before but I can't stand that farce anymore.
    I'll try to keep in mind that regardless of anything Tessa and Scott did their best, and this is the most important for me.
    Oh no i thought that the politics was Over in This sport. So it is fair to say that They want Davis and White to win even if They are clearly second.

vCash
    This sport just lost one fan at least in me. I just don't get it. Of course I will always be a fan of V/M, but can't put my head around the judging.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krystha View Post
    Oh no i thought that the politics was Over in This sport. So it is fair to say that They want Davis and White to win even if They are clearly second.
    Yes, and Meryl and Charlie knew they would be second before their scores were shown --what didn't happen, of course :/. Even them knew Tessa and Scott were best.

vCash
    Any little flaw that V/M make receives a deduction, usually quite a noticeable one. Any little flaw D/W make is overlooked. I guess this begs the question, how can V/M possibly win this season?

vCash
    I just don't get it.
    Was that really the best from D/W ?.
    Even when V/M marks came up I knew what was going to happen (& that is sad).
    I would have had D/W 3rd today.
    The error from Charlie was clear.
    I feel for Tessa & Scott fan's. As a huge fan of Nathalie & Fabian I can see what's going on. What's the point of having a judging panel ?.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post
    I just don't get it.
    I feel for Tessa & Scott fan's. As a huge fan of Nathalie & Fabian I can see what's going on. What's the point of having a judging panel ?.
    There's no point since they're gonna hand gold medals to DW even with mistakes. The overscoring is very obvious; I don't know how people would miss it.

vCash
    If you send a message to the ISU complaining, will the ISU even look at it/respond?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post
    I just don't get it.
    It's not just that, sadly. Look at the eight on VM's protocols. I do know that gets tossed out, but honestly, hand in your heart, after a skate like that, not a step out of sync, not a flaw, how can a judge see that merits a score in the eights on the PCS? It's sad that the winner here, at least on this portion of the competition, was decided on personal preference. The PCS is ridiculous. When VM botch twizzles, they pay for it. And dearly. How can you get an astronomical score on PCS when you had visible flaws. Even the step sequence looked tight.

I wonder which boxes did DW exactly "tick" to have gotten that PCS? When VM won Worlds in 2012, the DW apologists made all this drama because "Tessa herself said the skate was flawed", when in truth, what she said was that there was a bobble on their performance (one that, checking the protocols then, did have an effect on the PCS as the bobble was not on an element). I wonder what they'll say now when Meryl herself said "I thought we'd be second".

But, you know, nothing to do. Upwards and onwards, Tessa and Scott. Here's hoping for a FD just as magnificently skated as today's SD.

vCash
    this almost reminds of that debacle with g/p in the 98 olys where she made a mistake in the GW CD (a very little one, but very crucial step), and the team didnt get dinged for it. and went on to win the olys.

even though this event is not the olys, it will still go down in history where a team got a WR on the SD on an obviously flawed performance, on an element at that.

vCash
    The ISU are screwing the true fans of skating.
    Maybe they feel the need to give USA a Gold in Sochi as they have little hope in the other three events.
    I just don't know.
    It feels so wrong right now.
    I've seen D/W marks get higher & higher each year. I feel sorry for the other couples who don't get a fair shot.
    It just takes me back to The Cup Of Russia in 2008 when they made several big errors in the OD & got slightly punished for it then beat C/L for the Bronze-who had skated so well.
    At their best D/W are awesome but I've never thought they were that far ahead of others. They made a slight error in the SD at the 2011 Worlds yet still got great marks yet when others fail they are really punished.

vCash
    At this point all you can do is laugh. Three judges gave +3 goe for d&w twizzles. One judge felt d&w were at least 0.75 better in skating skills over v&m. Transitions as well.

I suppose the silver lining is v&m are better technically. Now they just need to work on selling that program and work to interact better with each other to improve their performance and connection :p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    At this point all you can do is laugh. Three judges gave +3 goe for d&w twizzles. One judge felt d&w were at least 0.75 better in skating skills over v&m. Transitions as well.

I suppose the silver lining is v&m are better technically. Now they just need to work on selling that program and work to interact better with each other to improve their performance and connection :p
    LOL. True.

vCash
    recycled lift + twizzle error = WR

if that happened to v/m, they would've gotten third place

vCash
    LOL, I'd forgotten about the WR.

vCash
    I can predict already that D/W will set a new WR with their Free Dance. I'm pretty sure of that.

I just don't get that what is the purpose of this sport if the judge panel already have decided the winners and this even before they gave their performance.

So because USA can't have chances in the other three categories they need to give them a gold medal even if the performance is not top notch.

vCash
    and that flawed performance by d/w was even against a clean, perfect one by v/m who has the best SD this season

vCash
    Then the ISU is wondering why people are upset and don't want to watch this sport anymore.

vCash
    I just can't. WHAT THE F*$&, judges?!? I don't understand how anyone who could see those two performances would think that result is okay. I don't know how anyone - especially a trained "expert" (judge) - gave D/W those scores. I'm so extremely pissed off. So far this season I've been justifying V/M's scores based on their (tiny) mistakes and D/W's based on their consistency (neither or which existed here), but there is not a single word of justification for that. Absurd. World record my *&%. [Sorry, couldn't help myself, end rant.]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post

I so agree.
    But, I really enjoyed their skate today and I am going to leave with their joy rather than get dragged down by the placement.

Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast