Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniskates93 View Post

Also, Elina posted this on her twitter: http://lumo-skate.com/social/virtue-and-moir
    Ooohhhh! New FD costumes!! Thanks for sharing! (ETA: Second pink dress! I've always thought she might go for pink at this Olympics since they outvoted her to wear the white Mahler over the pink one at the last Olympics! But she's full of surprises so I'm sure there will be another new one at Canadians!)

Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    For SD/SP, it's reverse placement determined by how many points you earned over your two grand prix events. If there is a tie, like V/M and D/W did, it goes by total score earned over the two events (or highest total earned in one event, I can't remember). Since D/W had higher total scores than V/M, they qualified 1st and skate last. FD is reverse placement from SD IIRC.
    Thanks Elle! It seems that I knew that at one time, but completely forgot haha

Here is the link for the ISU start order/ results page.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    Ooohhhh! New FD costumes!! Thanks for sharing! (ETA: Second pink dress! I've always thought she might go for pink at this Olympics since they outvoted her to wear the white Mahler over the pink one at the last Olympics! But she's full of surprises so I'm sure there will be another new one at Canadians!)

Thanks Elle! It seems that I knew that at one time, but completely forgot haha

Here is the link for the ISU start order/ results page.
    I though those were the old ones? Or did she change the skirt? Anyways I heard on twitter from the Japanese fans that Tessa made mistakes in the twizzles and I think the first lift too?

vCash
    I think she changed the skirt to a lighter material (like chiffon)

vCash
    I think she changed the skirt to a lighter material (like chiffon)
    Good! Chiffon is better than Satin I hope you are right!

vCash
    Regardless of the costume, I am glad that Tessa has her hair back in a ponytail and I hope that follows for the FD as well. I enjoyed the idea of her hair being down for competition, but too often it was stuck to her face.

vCash
    Sochi 2014: Moir and Virtue set to clash with familiar foes

http://www.thestar.com/sports/skatin...s_dimanno.html

Rosie DiManno is

GO TESSA AND SCOTT!

vCash
    I was just over on the VM Gifs tumbler (sadly hadn't been in a while), and the poster there lead me to this survey about ice dance fans. I took it and thought it was really fun, so I thought some of you might be interested!

Thanks for the article m_chenning, but I think I'm just going to skip that one haha

vCash
    Beautiful pics from SD practice!!! Ohhhhh they come back to pink and bordeaux! I'm so happy!!!!
    GO TESSA e SCOTT!!!!

vCash
    [QUOTE=Golightly;4069894]It wasn't like that. People had doubts about certain calls and they asked AW. That was it, no one was there on an official status. As for the other comments, those were made by a another judge on television, not here. I think people should go to that thread and read what's being said and make their own conclusions. I think some of you are mixing both judges up.[/QUOTE

I'm going to try to clarify what I mean. I think it's bad policy in general because officials have status, so any comments they make are going to be given added weight by the reader. They don't have to be speaking for the organization, it comes automatically with the position they hold - that's why the FSU has a whole statement on ethics. Also, public forums in themselves project their own biases depending on who runs the site and what the thread is - so if an official is reading the various negative opinions, it can't help but influence the way they see skaters in competition. If they want to clarify technical issues with the public then they could find ways to do that without discussing a skater who is currently competing.

vCash
    I agree with all that Bluegrass. Fwiw I was just pointing out that none of them were posting on this forum were ISU dance judges.

It's why I have an issue with Judy Blumberg. When you publically show your bias it makes it really hard, as a fan, to trust you will do your job fairly. She also was commenting on a broadcast similar to how it seems this Chinese judge was although I didn't hear it (nor would I understand it if I did). I think it's best when they stick to facts as to what causes someone to lose a level etc.. I thought the ISU had rules about this. I recall Nicky Slater stating on Eurosport once that he would have liked to get credentials to work a technical panel but that he wasn't allowed because of his job commentating. I suppose in some cases you think you are talking to a small local audience but with the internet everything spreads to a much larger audience.

Having said all that, in that particular thread that calls for "expert" opinions, it was insightful to hear someone who actually judges elite ice dance. But every rose has its thorns. The reality though is that they all talk with each other when they meet at competitions and you can lead them in a certain direction through seminars. They gossip, they dabble with innuendo until it becomes fact, they really aren't that different to the majority of us. Say something often enough and it becomes reality. This sort of thing, imo, happens more often then Why waste , talk is cheap but very effective. Many don't want to appear lacking in knowledge so if someone ranked higher then themselves says something they listen.

vCash
    In reality, judges can post anything they want anonymously on any public forum.

However when they declare themselves as judges, they are professionally accountable for any statement they make regarding judging calls, opinions whether personal or based on criteria. They should be expected to answer questions related to topics they have raised or participated in.

It's not personal to judges in particular, but to any profession.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    It's why I have an issue with Judy Blumberg. When you publically show your bias it makes it really hard, as a fan, to trust you will do your job fairly. She also was commenting on a broadcast similar to how it seems this Chinese judge was although I didn't hear it (nor would I understand it if I did). I think it's best when they stick to facts as to what causes someone to lose a level etc.. I thought the ISU had rules about this. I recall Nicky Slater stating on Eurosport once that he would have liked to get credentials to work a technical panel but that he wasn't allowed because of his job commentating. I suppose in some cases you think you are talking to a small local audience but with the internet everything spreads to a much larger audience.
    I am reminded of a few years ago, when someone was posting either here or at GS, claiming to be a judge. This person clearly didn't like Vanessa Crone, and was engaging in posting arguments (Vanessa bashing) with other board members. The postings quickly stopped once other members pointed out Skate Canada had rules about that type of behavior. Still, one must wonder if this judge would be fair if Venessa ever had to compete in front of that person.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    I though those were the old ones? Or did she change the skirt? Anyways I heard on twitter from the Japanese fans that Tessa made mistakes in the twizzles and I think the first lift too?

Well that's why they have practice right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by m_chenning View Post
    Sochi 2014: Moir and Virtue set to clash with familiar foes

http://www.thestar.com/sports/skatin...s_dimanno.html

Rosie DiManno is

GO TESSA AND SCOTT!
    The Human Fly and the Cherub... the human fly reference is a bit harsh.

vCash
    Rosie is just plain rude and a terrible journalist. After all these years of covering the sport she doesn't appear to know anything about it and prefers to make these childish remarks.

vCash
    Have they already compete???

vCash
    Oh no! The FD is saturday.. they have all the time..

Quote Originally Posted by krystha View Post
    Have they already compete???
    Do you mean TS? No they haven't... the SD is tomorrow (6/12/2013)

vCash
    God, DiManno is so rude. What a disgrace.

vCash
    Also, Elina posted this on her twitter: http://lumo-skate.com/social/virtue-and-moir
    Thank you, Daniskates93. Good that Tessa changed the material of the skirt - the top part and skirt being of two different materials can give the dress less of a nightie look. And even if it doesn't, at least it will flow better.

Anyways I heard on twitter from the Japanese fans that Tessa made mistakes in the twizzles and I think the first lift too?
    Thank you too, parapluies. This worries me a bit, but, of course, better at practice than at competition.

vCash
    More than a bit. What I'm getting from this article is that D/W are the better skaters but V/M have the advantage in looks. It's the ugly and great versus the beautiful and flawed. Who will win?

I know she's busy right now but I've been waiting for years for the Star to give the skating assignment to Robyn Doolittle. They have an actual skater on staff and yet they keep going back to Dimanno. She makes a mockery of figure skating as a sport and tries to be as controversial as possible, that's not journalism.

Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast