Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't think any ISU judges were commenting on a figure skating forum?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I don't think any ISU judges were commenting on a figure skating forum?
    According to the previous page of posts on this thread, they were.

vCash
    The Australian poster they are talking about is not an ISU judge but a local judge in Australia. The Chinese judge was commentating on a GP event broadcast (I believe) and a poster wrote in another thread what was said.

vCash
    Still, the Australian had to be accredited by their federation and the Chinese judge would be ISU. I'm just aghast that any judge, unless retired, would be giving public commentary of any sort.

YEAH!
    vCash
    At least one ISU judge posts on FSU (Joe Inman, who authored the pre-Vancouver e-mail about Plushenko's transitions) so apparently it is allowed.

vCash
    TS skate before MC ... oh my ... the screen of live score will put on me crazy anxiety! It is deadly, puts stress! LoL
    I hope TS will be relaxed and calm and will enjoy to skate both programs that they loved

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Ice Princess* View Post
    TS skate before MC ... oh my ... the screen of live score will put on me crazy anxiety! It is deadly, puts stress! LoL
    I hope TS will be relaxed and calm and will enjoy to skate both programs that they loved
    Probably it's good for them - perhaps they will be a bit less nervous than skating after Meryl and Charlie? At least I hope so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Probably it's good for them - perhaps they will be a bit less nervous than skating after Meryl and Charlie? At least I hope so.
    I agree with this. I rather see Scott and Tessa skate first. Practice photos: http://photography.ice-dance.com/201...3GPF/SrDPrWed/ Tessa and Scott look like they're having so much fun! I can't wait to see FD practices is it tomorow?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    The Australian poster they are talking about is not an ISU judge but a local judge in Australia. The Chinese judge was commentating on a GP event broadcast (I believe) and a poster wrote in another thread what was said.
    And the Australian judge seemed to flip out big time when people wanted to know her credentials, something that seemed reasonable, so who knows if she really is a judge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne7 View Post
    And the Australian judge seemed to flip out big time when people wanted to know her credentials, something that seemed reasonable, so who knows if she really is a judge.
    I don't think that this was necessary. Aussie Willy seemed a bit surprised at other people discussing her competence and status as a judge without asking her first, but she explained her "credentials" extensively enough when she had time. I wouldn't call that "flipping out". And before you ask, no, I don't know her personally, and I don't agree with what she wrote in that thread.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 12-05-2013 at 02:00 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne7 View Post
    She is a judge.

vCash
    All this talk of Carmen and I had to watch it again. I still can't believe they didn't win the FD. *sigh* ... but I digress.

Can't wait to see what they bring this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    She is a judge.
    I don't know what the comments were - I don't read skater vs. skater threads - but it certainly leaves an impression of bias because she is doing it with an 'official' stamp. Already a few posters have taken the comments to mean that V/M have already lost the GP. How is that right?

vCash
    It wasn't like that. People had doubts about certain calls and they asked AW. That was it, no one was there on an official status. As for the other comments, those were made by a another judge on television, not here. I think people should go to that thread and read what's being said and make their own conclusions. I think some of you are mixing both judges up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    I don't know what the comments were - I don't read skater vs. skater threads - but it certainly leaves an impression of bias because she is doing it with an 'official' stamp. Already a few posters have taken the comments to mean that V/M have already lost the GP. How is that right?
    Basically, the gist of her comments were how she didn't understand at first how D/W were scored higher than V/M because V/M has some much difficulty in their program but then after taking this course/seminar, she understood better how D/W seemed to meet certain "criteria" better than V/M, meaning better scores. I don't think she was being bias, I think she was just trying to provide some clarification to us, who often wonder the same thing.

I think it comes down to the fact that COP simply doesn't reward the type of difficulty that V/M have in their programs nearly as much as it should.

vCash
    Aussie Willy IS a judge who has on several occasions taken the time to explain things from a judge's point of view. She has gone out of her way to be helpful including taking the time to watch a skater I worked with a couple of years ago to help her improve artistically. Whether posters agree with what she has to say or not is their prerogative but she has never been unprofessional in any way that I have ever seen and certainly not in the thread in question.

vCash
    V/M are probably on the Ice right now praticing. Part of me wants to stay up later to see if new info comes up - Did anyone here go to Fukuoka to watch the practices?

vCash
    Can anyone tell me how the start order is determined for GPF?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    I believe it is the order in which they qualified.

Also, Elina posted this on her twitter: http://lumo-skate.com/social/virtue-and-moir

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    For SD/SP, it's reverse placement determined by how many points you earned over your two grand prix events. If there is a tie, like V/M and D/W did, it goes by total score earned over the two events (or highest total earned in one event, I can't remember). Since D/W had higher total scores than V/M, they qualified 1st and skate last. FD is reverse placement from SD IIRC.

Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast