Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1023

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazy View Post
    For some reason, COP doesn't consider ice coverage when giving GOE for lifts. V/M have a clear advantage in this area but the judges aren't supposed to reward them for it.
    The same with twizzles. I think in pair skating team are rewarding for good ice coverage during lifts.
    Maybe someone could pay attention to this, but look like all dont care. For example Carole Lane was one, who could start talking about this. But when you have coach, who couldnt talk about you better qualities in skating compare your rivals, why others must care?

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    [QUOTE=*Ice Princess*;4083464]I'm sorry but I didn't understand what you mean. Anyway I just said "oh please" ... I don't think I offended anyone ... mine was a response about the change of FD, a proposal that I find meaningless. But perhaps the "oh please" in Italian has another meaning.

Sorry, I thought you were a D/W fans who wanted to criticized V/M...I should have read your previous post..my bad !

vCash
    What Scott meant in his after GP interview was that they want to skate their best AND win. He was simply pointing out that they skated their best at this event and didn't win, therefore there is something they don't understand (in the scoring). Well join the club!

VM's show is a documentary, not a reality show of staged activities. If anything it should have helped them to focus on something other than Sochi. Obviously the producers can edit the film to project a storyline but VM aren't being asked either to act or to fake emotions. I'm looking forward to it.

vCash
    time for a new thread! what was the suggested title again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chmea View Post
    Sorry, I thought you were a D/W fans who wanted to criticized V/M...I should have read your previous post..my bad !
    Me, a DW's fan?! "OH PLEASE!!"

It's ok, don't worry Maybe you din't saw my "crazy project" lol

About thread title: I like "17 Seasons for Sochi" but I admit that one quote that I most love is Scott's quote: "Together. Every step. Every moment. Every breath."
    Last edited by *Ice Princess*; 12-21-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    I think we should wait on 17 seasons until the next thread. I like Ice Princess's suggestion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    VM's show is a documentary, not a reality show of staged activities. If anything it should have helped them to focus on something other than Sochi. Obviously the producers can edit the film to project a storyline but VM aren't being asked either to act or to fake emotions. I'm looking forward to it.
    We must have different ideas as to what a documentary means.

I know they're calling it a documentary but from the clips and the few photos released up to now it's looking very much like a show of staged activities.

I would like to be wrong but things are looking too OTT and fabricated for my taste.

You don't think Tessa lying on the ice and crying is acting or over-dramatizing her emotions? To me it screams fake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maggylyn View Post
    We must have different ideas as to what a documentary means.

I know they're calling it a documentary but from the clips and the few photos released up to now it's looking very much like a show of staged activities.

I would like to be wrong but things are looking too OTT and fabricated for my taste.

You don't think Tessa lying on the ice and crying is acting or over-dramatizing her emotions? To me it screams fake.
    I think people should wait to watch the whole thing before they make assumptions like this^. The advertisments can be misleading.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    I think people should wait to watch the whole thing before they make assumptions like this^. The advertisments can be misleading.
    Looking at the other shows of that network and the production company could be an indicator. Is the W Channel serious when it comes to reality shows and documentaries or do they prefer the Khardashian/E Channel approach ? Tessa and Scott probably had some influence on the end product but a channel won't change their path just like that so looking at the other shows should actually be quite telling about what we can expect

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolore View Post
    Looking at the other shows of that network and the production company could be an indicator. Is the W Channel serious when it comes to reality shows and documentaries or do they prefer the Khardashian/E Channel approach ? Tessa and Scott probably had some influence on the end product but a channel won't change their path just like that so looking at the other shows should actually be quite telling about what we can expect
    But you will never know until you see the whole show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    What Scott meant in his after GP interview was that they want to skate their best AND win. He was simply pointing out that they skated their best at this event and didn't win, therefore there is something they don't understand (in the scoring). Well join the club!

They can call it a documentary all they like but based on the promos and clips we've seen it's obviously a reality series. And I remember in one interview Tessa said they hope they had enough interesting story lines that would entertain people and keep them watching. Anyways it doesn't matter, I'm not one of those people that's against reality shows--I enjoy quite a few of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    I think we should wait on 17 seasons until the next thread. I like Ice Princess's suggestion.
    What if we don't finish the new thread before Sochi though?
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Wow. I'm only gone a few days and there are tons of posts to catch up on! Thanks everyone for the pictures, videos, and other links.

I think we should go ahead and use 17 Seasons to Sochi now.

vCash
    What about a title that refers to their next competition goal - winning their 6th senior national championship in Ottawa?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I
    t seems to take a month to go through a thread. With Nats in January I think we will finish next thread before Sochi. I like both suggestions.

vCash
    We will finish the thread before Sochi
    We like to talk
    We have the reality show to talk about also Nats.
    Otherwise we can just hurry it along so the week before Sochi we have the 17 seasons thread.

vCash
    That interview they did with their fans on the first page gave a lot of potential ideas for titles:

Athleticism and Artistry
    Trust and Connection
    Dancing with Heart

Or to quote Kaitlyn Weaver about V/M: "The quintessential ice dance team of our time"

vCash
    I like that last one!

vCash
    I like "Together."

vCash
    Together!

vCash
    make up your minds! or let's just keep this thread running until the moderators lock it down

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast