Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Carmen is such a classic. Best program under the new system.

vCash
    Yay thanks pani! Not gonna lie I do miss Carmen. Anyways I accidentally paused the video while watching on my phone, but I thought where I paused would make a great pic so I took a screencap: http://imgur.com/UOlBeqY and this one too http://imgur.com/yWGWCa6.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Ohh, it's so good to watch those two gems with good image and these close-ups!
    Those are two very different programs, and Tessa and Scott interpreted each one in a unique way. They are beyond great skaters. They are great artists too.

vCash
    I saw the ones in Vancouver and they were brilliant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    Thanks! Shayii, thanks for photos, i love this moments so much!
    I think it a little hard at the arena to see all this great close-ups.
    Now i think TS are ready to be a show stars and maybe have nothing to do in sport. During this 4 years they improved there artisic level so much.
    And Tessa enjoy skating so much, she look so relax and happy in CSOI. She is so powerfull and emotional. You never see this at competition, Scott on other hand show his best in competitions, but this year i see he start really enjoy to perfom. Its great!
    And if i could, i pay mpney to see Shawn in show, even if he will be the one grest star. He is rock-star

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    Thanks! Happy for you, you could fell that energy!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cgirl8 View Post
    Thanks!

vCash
    Pani THANKS SO MUCH for the links!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! Carmen... OMG!! MAGNIFICENT!!!! What a program! What an interpretation!! What at ALL!!!! I'm serious, believe me, I have no words! I'm shocked! In good sense (obiouvsly!) I still can't believe that this program haven't won the WCh!! I can't I can't...

Shayii, THANKS for the screen! I LOVE the first!!!!

I already said "OMG"?!

vCash
    All the best to V&M for this weekend's skates.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Good luck V/M! I am rooting for ya!!! This is Ice Dancing, and you are the best natural dancer say is it all.

Carmen OMG reaction... I so totally

vCash
    it's so breathtaking to see the close up on tessa's facial expressions during carmen, especially since the performance is for a stress-free CSOI and not a competition. she expresses with more abandon in those kinds of shows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    it's so breathtaking to see the close up on tessa's facial expressions during carmen, especially since the performance is for a stress-free CSOI and not a competition. she expresses with more abandon in those kinds of shows.
    She was born to be a performer. You can see she loves the creative aspect of the sport the most.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Yay thanks pani! Not gonna lie I do miss Carmen. Anyways I accidentally paused the video while watching on my phone, but I thought where I paused would make a great pic so I took a screencap: http://imgur.com/UOlBeqY and this one too http://imgur.com/yWGWCa6.
    These close ups rock - such intensity, such amazing interpretation. Can't wait for this weekend
    Last edited by Jeanne7; 12-04-2013 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Didn't finish

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLmu...?feature=watch
    Carmen and Stay on youtube
    Just watched Carmen. It was impressive. Dont know, why people said Carmen wasnt as good at CSOI. Scott really going mad during this program and Tessa..... She is STAR! Why she said she is a bad actress.
    You know. i think this program could be the Star at profeccional WCH.
    And thanks to CBC for showing a lot off closeups
    Thank you, pani. Finally we get videos ! I watched both programs. Tessa and Scott are just amazing. And that's great that there are closeups where we can see all their expressions - they are very good actors indeed. But on the other hand, I think those closeups are too close. If we didn't know how those dances look/all the choreographic details in them from other videos, we wouldn't understand that from these videos. Especially 'Carmen'. We can see Tessa and Scott's expressions very well, but we can't see most of the moves and lifts in their entirety. Not to mention the skating. Probably I have to rewatch, and then my perception will change, but I am not sure.

About the acting - perhaps they really are even better at that when skating 'Carmen' in shows, simply because they have more freedom and less pressure there than at competitions. Also - they don't have the circular step sequence to the slow section in this show version. I liked it a lot, but I can see how some people may have thought that the expression was a bit too soft and tender for 'Carmen' there, even for that moment when they had the illusion of love. I thought so too, but as I really liked the step sequence itself, I had no problem with that.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 12-04-2013 at 02:40 AM.

vCash
    The whole SOI show is on the cbc website.
    Not sure this works outside of Canada but here is the link.
    http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/ID/2421778572/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Thank you, pani. Finally we get videos ! I watched both programs. Tessa and Scott are just amazing. And that's great that there are closeups where we can see all their expressions - they are very good actors indeed. But on the other hand, I think those closeups are too close. If we didn't know how those dances look/all the choreographic details in them from other videos, we wouldn't understand that from these videos. Especially 'Carmen'. We can see Tessa and Scott's expressions very well, but we can't see most of the moves and lifts in their entirety. Not to mention the skating. Probably I have to rewatch, and then my perception will change, but I am not sure.

About the acting - perhaps they really are even better at that when skating 'Carmen' in shows, simply because they have more freedom and less pressure there than at competitions. Also - they don't have the circular step sequence to the slow section in this show version. I liked it a lot, but I can see how some people may have thought that the expression was a bit too soft and tender for 'Carmen' there, even for that moment when they had the illusion of love. I thought so too, but as I really liked the step sequence itself, I had no problem with that.
    I totally loved this Carmen. It kicked ass and took no prisoners. There was no worry about trying to impress the judges, only performing for the masses who truly love them. I have yet to read where anyone thought it was too soft or tender. In fact, it was just the opposite for me. Tessa was THE diva and she drove that performance. I must admit, I missed the first 5 -10 seconds and am wondering, did Scott roar or was that only done at Worlds last season?

Stay ... WOW! and I finally heard the back story to this dance. I'm simply blown away and hoping to see it live at Canadians in January. If not, I just may have to find a way to wiggle some money out of hubby and go to London in May.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Scott did "roar" () only at WCh... I miss his roar but ehy, THIS performance, with THIS interpretation haven't egual

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post

My point is its good to see both versions. This one is perfect for TV show. I like, that Canadina TV not just show programs, like at competitions, but did reall TV show.
    And for sure judges see all this faciall expression from there Vip seats near the ice

Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast