Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 1023
  1. #201
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,563
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yes it is great that Navka puts VM with the skating 'greats' . We know this is true but we are always fighting against those who deny this.

    As someone said - Golightly I think - VM will be remembered for their body of work. Carmen still gives me chills.

  2. #202
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Yes it is great that Navka puts VM with the skating 'greats' . We know this is true but we are always fighting against those who deny this.

    As someone said - Golightly I think - VM will be remembered for their body of work. Carmen still gives me chills.
    I watched their Carmen from Nationals yesterday again. My goodness, that program. So much detail in both step sequences. In everything, really, but I just can't get enough of those step sequences, even after the changes, they were so remarkable.

    With V-M, there will always be particular sections of their dances that will be remembered. The serpentine lift in Pink Floyd; the diagonal step sequence in Funny Face (the best one I've seen to this date) and the walk into the twizzles; the intro, the circular twizzles, and the Temptation lift in the Latin FD; The Goose and the combination lift in Mahler; everything about Carmen, but particularly the curve lift and the twizzles; their not touching step sequences, particularly this season's and, of course, the one from Farrucas; this year's circular step sequence, which I hope gets them that level four again. I mean, actual elements that went beyond skating. They make elements memorable because they don't just skate them, they don't approach elements like elements, they don't simply want to "tick a box", they want to create something special. I think, win or lose, that's what I'll always love and respect about this team, that they understood that dancing is art first. They always put art first.

  3. #203
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    135
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    As for Navka interview. Some expanation. She said - its not fact, that VM will lose to Americans.
    And she said she saw only VM this season, so she couldnt tell nothing about other teams this season, i think.
    But its always great to see VM names near Lyudmila Pakhomov and Alexander Gorshkov, Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean and read, that in Navka opinion, VM change ice dance.
    Look like she is a fan
    I remember she also had good things to say about V/M last season so she's definitely a fan. link

  4. #204

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,726
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by icefan1005 View Post
    I remember she also had good things to say about V/M last season so she's definitely a fan. link
    Yes, and she even try to do Goose with Roman in show

  5. #205
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    408
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I watched their Carmen from Nationals yesterday again. My goodness, that program. So much detail in both step sequences. In everything, really, but I just can't get enough of those step sequences, even after the changes, they were so remarkable.

    With V-M, there will always be particular sections of their dances that will be remembered. The serpentine lift in Pink Floyd; the diagonal step sequence in Funny Face (the best one I've seen to this date) and the walk into the twizzles; the intro, the circular twizzles, and the Temptation lift in the Latin FD; The Goose and the combination lift in Mahler; everything about Carmen, but particularly the curve lift and the twizzles; their not touching step sequences, particularly this season's and, of course, the one from Farrucas; this year's circular step sequence, which I hope gets them that level four again. I mean, actual elements that went beyond skating. They make elements memorable because they don't just skate them, they don't approach elements like elements, they don't simply want to "tick a box", they want to create something special. I think, win or lose, that's what I'll always love and respect about this team, that they understood that dancing is art first. They always put art first.
    YOU ROCK!

  6. #206
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    1,042
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    As for Navka interview. Some expanation. She said - its not fact, that VM will lose to Americans.
    And she said she saw only VM this season, so she couldnt tell nothing about other teams this season, i think.
    But its always great to see VM names near Lyudmila Pakhomov and Alexander Gorshkov, Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean and read, that in Navka opinion, VM change ice dance.
    Look like she is a fan
    Thank you! Its so cool that she said that about Tessa and Scott. They have so many skaters backing them up!

    Quote Originally Posted by *Ice Princess* View Post
    Thanks for clarification, pani

    Ehy girls, I've made this gif from meeting http://i.minus.com/ibma2chVfdIU9V.gif Just cute <3

    Have a nice day!!!!
    DiD he really say that?

  7. #207
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    588
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I just watched it again. It certainly sounds as though that's what he said! Thanks so much Princess. I love your work.

  8. #208
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    1,042
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I just watched it again. It certainly sounds as though that's what he said! Thanks so much Princess. I love your work.
    Oh my god it does sound like he did! I think this is like the 2nd time I hear him use a terms of endearment for Tessa. I rememeber during Worlds CHampionships there was a rumor someone overheard them speak I think he called her 'baby' endearingly. something like that unfortunately I barely remember . These two are so weird and I love that Bur really when I first watched the interview that flew over my head!

  9. #209
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,694
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Great in-depth fan interview with T&S.

    But I think they are saying (referring to the pictures on the chocolate wrappers):

    T: Do we have the same pictures with (or on) these?

    S: No...no, not even...

    Fan: Different.

  10. #210
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    408
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    DiD he really say that?
    Eheheh yes *-* You have to up the volume for hear that So sweet <3

    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I just watched it again. It certainly sounds as though that's what he said! Thanks so much Princess. I love your work.
    Awww thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Oh my god it does sound like he did! I think this is like the 2nd time I hear him use a terms of endearment for Tessa. I rememeber during Worlds CHampionships there was a rumor someone overheard them speak I think he called her 'baby' endearingly. something like that unfortunately I barely remember . These two are so weird and I love that Bur really when I first watched the interview that flew over my head!
    WCh 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    Great in-depth fan interview with T&S.

    But I think they are saying (referring to the pictures on the chocolate wrappers):

    T: Do we have the same pictures with (or on) these?

    S: No...no, not even...

    Fan: Different.
    If you listen carefully it says ... he says almost in a low voice, it's difficult to capture.
    Last edited by *Ice Princess*; 11-29-2013 at 05:19 PM.

  11. #211
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    1,042
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by *Ice Princess* View Post
    Eheheh yes *-* You have to up the volume for hear that So sweet <3



    Awww thank you!



    WCh 2013?



    If you listen carefully it says ... he says almost in a low voice, it's difficult to capture.
    Yeah 2013 but that was a rumor... People hear alot of stuff through the grapevines it is uncertain to know what they truly said especially in a arena (or in a café with TAKE MY BREATH AWAAAAAY playing so loudly in the speakers I find it hilarious the choice of music that is playing in the background especially when Marvin Gaye started playing )with thousands of screaming fans. I think that happened before the FD.

  12. #212

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,726
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by *Ice Princess* View Post
    Eheheh yes *-* You have to up the volume for hear that So sweet <3.
    S: No...no, not even... Sorry to dissapointed you

  13. #213
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It's clear he says, "no, not even". As in not even these ones are the same.

    Do you guys think they'll scrap the second rotational lift and the curve lift? I still don't know what was wrong with the curve lift at TEB.

  14. #214
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,322
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I watched their Carmen from Nationals yesterday again. My goodness, that program. So much detail in both step sequences. In everything, really, but I just can't get enough of those step sequences, even after the changes, they were so remarkable.

    With V-M, there will always be particular sections of their dances that will be remembered. The serpentine lift in Pink Floyd; the diagonal step sequence in Funny Face (the best one I've seen to this date) and the walk into the twizzles; the intro, the circular twizzles, and the Temptation lift in the Latin FD; The Goose and the combination lift in Mahler; everything about Carmen, but particularly the curve lift and the twizzles; their not touching step sequences, particularly this season's and, of course, the one from Farrucas; this year's circular step sequence, which I hope gets them that level four again. I mean, actual elements that went beyond skating. They make elements memorable because they don't just skate them, they don't approach elements like elements, they don't simply want to "tick a box", they want to create something special. I think, win or lose, that's what I'll always love and respect about this team, that they understood that dancing is art first. They always put art first.
    I agree with you about everything, except the curve lift from 'Carmen'. It really was/is great, but my choice is more unoriginal - it's the second rotational for me.

  15. #215
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    1,042
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    It's clear he says, "no, not even". As in not even these ones are the same.

    Do you guys think they'll scrap the second rotational lift and the curve lift? I still don't know what was wrong with the curve lift at TEB.
    No I don't think so. Their coach is too stubborn and they follow everything she says. She should have never given them that curve lift in the first place.

  16. #216
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    408
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Yeah 2013 but that was a rumor... People hear alot of stuff through the grapevines it is uncertain to know what they truly said especially in a arena (or in a café with TAKE MY BREATH AWAAAAAY playing so loudly in the speakers I find it hilarious the choice of music that is playing in the background especially when Marvin Gaye started playing )with thousands of screaming fans. I think that happened before the FD.
    ok thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    S: No...no, not even... Sorry to dissapointed you
    Ehy, don't apologize dear, you don't need! ^^ It's ok ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    It's clear he says, "no, not even". As in not even these ones are the same.

    Do you guys think they'll scrap the second rotational lift and the curve lift? I still don't know what was wrong with the curve lift at TEB.

    I don't know.. The 2nd RoLi doesen't work for me, I mean, I don't like it too much The curve lift are beautiful to watch. and yes, is difficult!.. but.. I'm sorry.. maybe I have Carmen's lifts in my mind yet...
    I'm curious to see how they modified Season in these 3 weeks! If I think to GPF, ooooh, I get really anxious!!

  17. #217

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,726
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Do you guys think they'll scrap the second rotational lift and the curve lift? I still don't know what was wrong with the curve lift at TEB.
    I think they will made something with second rotational lift.It didnt work at third competition.
    I must say i like curve lift. Yes, its not new. but i like how they do that lift. There positions are amazing.
    But maybe they need to do combinational lift? I know, its easy to talk, then to do, but judges love combinational lift. Did you remember that one from FF and gave them all +3 for it at WCH?

    As for moves that suit the dance.
    In Carmen for me the best part was - first additional of step sequences, spin, curve lift (i LOVE it, but judges - didnt, maybe it didnt work good with rules?) and the last one with very difficult change of position inside that lift (at CoR Zoueva said that this lift is innovative type of lifts with difficult change of positions iside this element and tech. cometee need to work for made new types of lifts).
    And i want to tell about Season. I love they first move (where Tessa is under Scott legs, dont know, how to express), first amazing lift with very difficult change of direction from Scott. I didnt saw such changing of diraction of male patner before. I like all balletic positions, that one before spin. I like first rotational lift. Her position jusrt amazing.

  18. #218
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    408
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I think they will made something with second rotational lift.It didnt work at third competition.
    I must say i like curve lift. Yes, its not new. but i like how they do that lift. There positions are amazing.
    But maybe they need to do combinational lift? I know, its easy to talk, then to do, but judges love combinational lift. Did you remember that one from FF and gave them all +3 for it at WCH?

    As for moves that suit the dance.
    In Carmen for me the best part was - first additional of step sequences, spin, curve lift (i LOVE it, but judges - didnt, maybe it didnt work good with rules?) and the last one with very difficult change of position inside that lift (at CoR Zoueva said that this lift is innovative type of lifts with difficult change of positions iside this element and tech. cometee need to work for made new types of lifts).
    And i want to tell about Season. I love they first move (where Tessa is under Scott legs, dont know, how to express), first amazing lift with very difficult change of direction from Scott. I didnt saw such changing of diraction of male patner before. I like all balletic positions, that one before spin. I like first rotational lift. Her position jusrt amazing.
    In our italian thread we call it "Canova pose" And the first lift, we call it "Swan Lift" because of Tessa's position, with her back and arms like a swan ^^

  19. #219

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Late to the costume discussion, but it makes me feel better to hear that the green dress was meant for the SD--it looked like that to me the first time I saw it. In all honesty I don't think it works for the FD; Marina's crazy for thinking so. And I think just the color is nice, I feel the cut is all wrong and doesn't flatter Tessa. With that said I also feel the cut of the pink dress was wrong and didn't flatter her either lol. Also I'm pretty sure the skirt of the pink dress was what caused the slip in the last lift at SC. I think somebody said icy blue might work? I agree with that. Sorry for the rambling just getting caught up on everything.

    Despite whatever the outcome is at the Finals in a week, I just hope they have performances that they're proud of.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

  20. #220
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    111
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Subway View Post
    This is going back in the thread a bit but I wanted to ask Golightly why this is true in ice dance when it's not true in the other disciplines? In other disciplines, the quality of the actual skating has become even more important. Even in a trick-dense discipline like pairs, quality skating can push a team ahead of another team that's more content packed and has put in more complex tricks. The quality skating of V/T vaults them ahead of teams that try to pack their programs with more difficult transitions or added difficulty, possibly because some of those transitions don't really say a great deal about the skating itself, but just adds challenge to the trick that's coming.

    Pairs doesn't allow the quantity-over-quality formula. The rules are also very clear about the components of a difficult element - the skaters can't just make it up.

    Ice dance seems like an outlier where quality skating is incidental while meanwhile it's emphasized even more in singles and pairs. How did the rules for ice dance develop to allow teams to actually work around skating, while the rules for singles and pairs made quality skating the difference between the winner and the runner up?
    I've felt puzzled about the very same thing recently.

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •