Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The twizzles are not an issue. Why tinker with something that's working? In fact, they got great GOE for them last weekend. They should focus on things that need work. Again, your or my perception of the program is irrelevant. For you it might need to be "lighter", for me it needs to be more aggressive on the darker parts, but, in the end, these are perceptions that are irrelevant to what we are seeing on the protocols. Address the levels it's what they need to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Anyway, cgirl8, our offcial transcriber Did you hear what this fan told them here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM-24h8WMOg#t=917?
    Was there a specific thing that a fan said? It just goes to the beginning of the video for me and I can't tell if it's just my computer acting up.

vCash
    Oh! Sorry, I do not know how to make time stamps. Any one knows? It's on the 917-second mark. That's what the time stamp says, but I don't know.

Does this work? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM-24h8WMOg#t=917s (It's on the 15-min mark more or less? The fan starts telling them something and Scott says something... I can't hear it)

vCash
    Oh! Sorry, I do not know how to make time stamps. Any one knows? It's on the 917-second mark. That's what the time stamp says, but I don't know.

Does this work? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM-24h8WMOg#t=917s (It's on the 15-min mark more or less? The fan starts telling them something and Scott says something... I can't hear it)
    On English? She said she fell in love with TS in 2008 after she saw "Dare to move" at WCh. She didnt watch ice dance before this.
    As for CDs. Look like now Scott understand this. He said about CD and OD part show the difference between teams. Oh, Scott, and how you were happy in 2010 when CDs were cancelled.
    I think they will work now on FD before GPF. Not a lot off time, but i belive they will made good job.

vCash
    I haven't been an ice dance fan for nearly as long as many of you, but I am surprised at the number of injuries. In fact, the last Olympic podium was made up of two teams out of three who were battling serious, chronic injury. Since then - I believe C&L's decline a few years ago began with injury and it then took a few seasons and major coaching changes to regain their standing. Last year at World's the two top Detroit teams P&B and W&P both had suffered injury, time off the ice, etc. and I think W&P were fortunate that they were able to rehab Kaitlyn's ankle to the point that they could skate well and were a happy story by World's. Not so lucky for the P&B injury, certainly a different type of injury, but maybe has hurt their momentum in the judge's eyes. Looking at the top Canadian teams - V&M - enough said (seem to know how to manage their situation now), W&P - broken ankle last season and further surgery this summer to remove the screw, P&I - numerous injuries over the last few seasons that have held them back and hurt their confidence, G&P - broken ankle this season - just getting going again.

D&W seem to have been mostly fortunate as to injury and I think that has helped them build and keep confidence and momentum.

My sincere hope for all these wonderful athletes who have devoted their lives to this sport and hope to skate away from this Olympics satisfied - is that the added stress of illness and injury strike NONE of them.
    pug lover

vCash
    The twizzles are not an issue. Why tinker with something that's working? In fact, they got great GOE for them last weekend. They should focus on things that need work. Again, your or my perception of the program is irrelevant. For you it might need to be "lighter", for me it needs to be more aggressive on the darker parts, but, in the end, these are perceptions that are irrelevant to what we are seeing on the protocols. Address the levels it's what they need to do.
    Its not the elements that wrong, its the music. Its a bit too jarring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Have the judges criticized the music?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Have the judges criticized the music?
    Dont think so. If look at PCS - they like FD. But who knows?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    According to whom?

Who cares if we don't like the music? I mean, honestly, who? Many of you had formed this idea of the program from listening to the music so many times. Many even made their own music cuts in their heads and practically choreographed the whole thing before VM debuted the program. And then found that your program isn't what they're skating to. It doesn't work like that. This season, as it happens during every Olympic season, the top skaters are very careful and their aim is to please the judges, not you or me. So if the music displeases you, as long as the PCS is that strong, it doesn't matter.

vCash
    V-M select every note this must take lot off time
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/skatin...heir_tune.html

vCash
    It's a bit of both. Like I said the other day, the system is very shallow now. There are things that are defining in ice dance that the judges are completely overlooking. Well, not really overlooking, as the system isn't exactly designed to take them in count. In that way, the judging has become mediocre, just as ice dancing, sadly, has too. A team like V-M, which ambitious steps and transitions, not to mention much superior dancing skills, should be getting recognized for them, but when you limit the scoring to black-and-white levels and then you even can't reward superior edges and in-hold difficulty, you're holding the good ones back, instead of adapting the system to a much superior rulebook because a team has proven that more can be done.

Anyway, cgirl8, our offcial transcriber Did you hear what this fan told them here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM-24h8WMOg#t=917?
    i think the way the judges look at it now is that v/m is a once-in-a-generation team, and that no team can really match their skills, so they're adapting the rulebook to the rule of averages.

vCash
    Someone could transcribe this little part for me? From this mark to 21:19. ^^

And from this mark to 25:32 and from this to the end? Thanks ^^
    Last edited by *Ice Princess*; 11-22-2013 at 01:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    i think the way the judges look at it now is that v/m is a once-in-a-generation team, and that no team can really match their skills, so they're adapting the rulebook to the rule of averages.
    This is my thoughts. They are too good and ice dance couldn't go on this direction.
    Just saw MT-M marks PCS low, then BL. Team Canada chances in Team event.become lower from every competition. Why TS want to skate both programs.

vCash
    Pani each competition has different judging and havent really seen the Rostelcom programs. I think T&S are invested in winning so they want to do both. I think they want to go out with a bang as well. The team event will be hard to call. It will really depend on how the various players rev up from now to that time and of course how they skate on that day.
    Lets see how the GPF works out.
    I like MTM but they could have had a bad skate....I havent seen the program.

vCash
    I think Canada and the team event is a bit of a question mark with Osmond and her injuries. We'll see how she looks at nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    I think Canada and the team event is a bit of a question mark with Osmond and her injuries. We'll see how she looks at nationals.
    Yea. And with Reynolds injury too, because Patrick will not skate 2 programs.

vCash
    I think russia has the best shot at the team event. Julia L is stunning and VT are a sure bet. Their dance will be pretty high too.
    I think US and Canada will be 2/3 or 3/2.
    Now if Osmond comes back OK Canada may have a better shot. But honestly, it is not big in my mind so I hope that my two faves do well in the main events.
    Last edited by Emdee; 11-22-2013 at 06:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    I think russia has the best shot at the team event. Julia L is stunning and VT are a sure bet. Their dance will be pretty high too.
    I think US and Canada will be 2/3 or 2/3.
    Now if Osmond comes back OK Canada may have a better shot. But honestly, it is not big in my mind so I hope that my two faves do well in the main events.
    Thats why i was wonder, when TS said they will do 2 programs for team

vCash
    Funny. Skate Canada has focused on Chan, Osmond, even the pairs, and in the end, it might be V-M the only ones competing at both events for Canada.

vCash
    Funny. Skate Canada has focused on Chan, Osmond, even the pairs, and in the end, it might be V-M the only ones competing at both events for Canada.
    I think SC focusing on Patrick gold (and he deserve it no dout) and Team even gold. Maybe medal in pairs. But now its look like no a lot off cvhances for team and pairs and SC didnt see this even now.

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast