Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^^I second that. I have a full-time job and it's tough to update my blog every week. I've managed to stay on top of it this season but when things get busy it's really easy to fall behind. So when other things come up, the blog has to take a backseat.

It takes me a few hours each week and I only cover the ladies; TSL covers all four disciplines! I can't imagine how much time it must take for them to produce a show every week considering they have to coordinate with each other (they live in different cities) and their technical guy to get everything filmed, edited and ready to post...and all that on top of their day jobs and the rest of their lives.

I tweeted them after NHK asking about their review and they said they'd do a GP season wrap up after COR this week. I'm looking forward to it.

vCash
    The new short program will probably be Carmen choreo by Lori Nichol.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun Y View Post
    And here I was hoping that would be the new FS .
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    And here I was hoping that would be the new FS .
    As long as it is not "Sing, Sing, Sing". I can even take Carmen rather than that.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I think Gold is being pushed too far too fast. It is only her second year as a senior and the amount of hype she gets is that of an Olympic gold medal favorite. She looks hyper on the ice which is probably nerves and adrenaline. It is hard to stay calm when everyone has such high expectations of your performance.

So many junior ladies get hyped as the next skating legend and then when they are less than perfect at the senior level they are dismissed as failures. Skating is a mental game as well as physical and it doesn't help these ladies' development to be uber-hyped and then abandoned when they don't live up to their PR.

vCash
    First Brian changing his program, now G.G., lol I can't even remember their old programs.

GOOD LUCK, G.G., KICK BOOTY!

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    First Brian changing his program, now G.G., lol I can't even remember their old programs.

GOOD LUCK, G.G., KICK BOOTY!
    Who's Brian?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ComplimentsFrom View Post
    Who's Brian?
    Joubert ditched his Inception program

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Joubert ditched his Inception program
    He's still going?

In any case, I'd just advise him to move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    To be fair, the original is quite wonderful- here is Gershwin playing his pieces. Sounds so much more accessible, jazzy and lovely. http://youtu.be/soEUH4H7gog
    The violin version is problematic for ice rinks- violins in general often sound screechy if the sound system is not of high quality, and in Gracie's version I felt that the "early jazz" quality was lost. The SP started to grow on me as the year progressed, but I cannot say I bemoan Gracie's change. Would love to know what the new music is. Hopefully not TOO conventional.
    Thanks! I still don't like this music, but this version sounds so much less offensive than the one Gracie used. Good point on the voilin sounds perhaps not translating well to ice arenas. When I first saw her SP I had to pause and pull up a youtube video to test the sound b/c I thought the speakers on my laptop had gone kaput ...

Maybe they will just choose new music and only make slight tweaks from her current program (just enough to match the new piece instead of a complete overhaul)? In any case, hope it works out for her. My ears, however, are pretty grateful for this change

vCash
    Wonder if they will rehash one of Michelle's old sp.'s for her?

vCash
    Is TSL the only place we have heard about this? Are we sure it is true?
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Salome sp would be fine with me, Love Story or The Feeling Begins would not. Unhappy smiley face if its Cinderella or East of Eden

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Wonder if they will rehash one of Michelle's old sp.'s for her?
    i think frank would reach into evan's bag of tricks, what was that program he had for an entire quad? espana cani
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    It's an Olympic season and it's Frank Carroll. Scheherazade. It's a requirement since Linda that all his skaters use that old war horse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun Y View Post
    Don't laugh - a Lori Nichol choreographed program would probably be a major improvement on Gracie's original SP (they'll need to call in Lori for a special consultation on what GG needs to do about her flailing arm syndrome).

vCash
    I'm wondering if she will have a chance to try it out in a small competition or show somewhere. I'm sure it will be COPified and they will consult judges, but it would be nice to try it out before nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zee703 View Post
    Don't laugh - a Lori Nichol choreographed program would probably be a major improvement on Gracie's original SP (they'll need to call in Lori for a special consultation on what GG needs to do about her flailing arm syndrome).
    I seriously doubt it. For every obnoxious post complaining about Gershwin's great composition, there were others who appreciated that short program.

vCash
    Didn't Lori brush up Evan's Gershwin originally choreographed by TAT when he won the World title? So my prediction would be Lori would brush up one of Gracie's former short program. Just sayin'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Didn't Lori brush up Evan's Gershwin originally choreographed by TAT when he won the World title? So my prediction would be Lori would brush up one of Gracie's former short program. Just sayin'.
    Unfortunately Gracie's past was all that dreadful work by Scott Brown. Druggie Nutcracker or boobie-shimmy Hernando, which to choose? Lori should definitely start from scratch.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast