Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    It was a good program and she got good PCS for it. Crazy decision, IMO, given it's only 2 months until US Nationals.
    For the starters, it's miles better than her LP too.
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

vCash
    Gracie seems to be doing everything in her power to make it as hard as possible to make it to Sochi with her firing her coach just as her season begins then scrapping her SP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    For the short, it will ALL come down to the 3 jumping passes. I can't see a lot of the other stuff REALLY mattering.
    ^This.

vCash
    Zueva has it down to a science with ice dance and some of her pair choreography is majestic ( Marcotte, Nichol and Zueva are the best IMO). With that being said, her singles work MAYBE with the exception of Yukari Nakano leaves me confused and disinterested. I dont believe it was wise for Gracie to use her in the first place. With that being said, I am just wondering how no one noticed that the choreography Gracie was given and the idea suggested was not for her WHILE THE PROGRAM WAS BEING CREATED!!!!! Gracie would have done well to let Lori Nichol work with her this year. Marina IMO should work with couples and leave freestyle skaters alone.

vCash
    According to Dave Lease at the end of his blog post published today on TSL:
    Gracie Gold’s new short program is set to three soft pieces and was choreographed by Lori Nichol. Those who have seen it describe it as ‘nice’ and ‘better than the last one,’ but the reviews are still somewhat tepid.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    It doesn't really matter as long as she hits the elements and skates with conviction. My personal opinion is that tepid and "nice" is better than distracting and laughable…which was what her "dance" was in the other SP.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Actually, I'll take "distracting and laughable" over the typical boring US ladiezzzz fare, thanks.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Actually, I'll take "distracting and laughable" over the typical boring US ladiezzzz fare, thanks.
    Agreed Also, the choreo in her Gershwin SP was not choreo that many of her competitors could have physically handled. There's something to have been said for that.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Great, message received backwards. She was supposed to replace Sleeping Beauty with a strong FS, not soften up the SP

On the other hand, if the new SP allows her to breathe into it and hit her elements, it will have done its job.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I wonder if Frank had Lori do any tweaking to her LP while she was there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Camel View Post
    I wonder if Frank had Lori do any tweaking to her LP while she was there.
    I believe her LP has been adjusted every time she's skated it.

vCash
    I'm not really a Gracie fan but I was intrigued by the Gershwin SP. Unusual music but I thought she handled it well. I don't think fans are always great judge of what works for skaters. She took a risk to develop her artistic abilities -- she's got to learn some time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Same here. Same here. Same here. Same here X 1,000. Although I didn't find anything laughable about her performance in the short, and I still say it's a brilliant piece. But she will probably skate to Legends of the Fall next and all the conservative fuddy duddies will be happy.

vCash
    Hey, I'm not saying safe and lyrical is the only way to go for her. I'd be happy if she could pull off something like Krisztina Czako's "Addams Family" LP or even Wagner's "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" SP. However, I don't think the only choices are between zzzzzzz and the Gershwin piece that she unsuccessfully pulled off. I mean, I know some people liked it, but I think it's telling that Gracie dumped it despite respectable scores. I doubt it was just the fan reaction.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Gracie Gold just tweeted that she will be traveling to NJ today to debut her new short program at the American Tribute ice show.

https://twitter.com/graceegold/statu...67572609662977

vCash
    Here's the event thread in GSD - show is Wednesday evening at the Meadowlands (Izod Center): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...mber-11-7-30-P (hopefully reports, photos, etc. will be posted in there)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Oh, how exciting, I figured we would only get show routines.

vCash
    What bothers me is that everyone is pushing this poor kid to peak at Nationals/Olympics in Sochi. The USFSA and God knows who else is trying to force immediate success on this kid and there just isn't enough time. Frankly, I have already set sights on Korea for the men and the women.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    I agree, FiveRinger, she's already got enough pressure she doesn't need any more. It may be a case of too much too soon...

Crossing my fingers she can skate the way she knows how to with those big huge jumps that honestly rival the best in the world.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345