Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I don't think Totentanz is necessarily easier on the ears, though.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    jenny12 - Ima let you finish, but "Gold-Digger" is the most name appropriate Kanye song for Gracie Gold of all-time!

"Gold-Digger"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY&hd=1

get down gurl, go 'head get down

"My Drag"! Squirrel Nut Zippers!! What a blast from the past, Hopefully more Jamie Dantzcher and less Morgan White. That could be great music for her though, the jumps would look awesome with the tempo and it's got attitude and spunk galore. I'll see your My Drag and raise you a "Black Cat, White Cat"
    Love it! Come on, Gracie! Make this happen!

vCash
    I cant believe her music choice has not leaked out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Camel View Post
    I cant believe her music choice has not leaked out.
    Isn't that a nice change though? In this day and age, everyone wants to be the big shot who announces big news to the masses. I think it's kind of cool no one has blabbed it yet. It won't be long though.

vCash
    I get that the current SP could sound screechy and frenetic and in parts it's music that's hard to keep up with but I liked the short. That music comes with a lot of delicious little notes and phrases to interpret and I thought "finally something not so utterly bland for her to skate to" when I saw it. I thought the program had a lot of charm and could have scored very well in its prime.

I wonder if she just had a hard time feeling comfortable with the pace and given her history of struggles in the short. If that's the case, yeah, EoE, here we come. Kill me. Now.

vCash
    She scored 69 points at SC with that music so i think she should have stuck with it. It's the LP that is giving her problems right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    Please not Rhapsody in Blue. I've never understood why it's so popular

Gold Digger
    Neither have I. Even the title of that song puts me to sleep. zzzzz...

Gold Digger FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by clairecloutier View Post
    I am too. Gershwin was definitely my favorite Gracie program so far. I'm sad we won't see it again.

Someone previously suggested Totentanz, which is the music Irina Slutskaya used for her 2006 Olympic SP. I agree it would be a great choice to show off Gracie's speed and power.
    I think Totentanz would work great with Gracie - she could even Rock a unitard!
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    Isn't that a nice change though? In this day and age, everyone wants to be the big shot who announces big news to the masses. I think it's kind of cool no one has blabbed it yet. It won't be long though.
    You know you want to know what Gracie's choice is just as much as the rest of us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    She scored 69 points at SC with that music so i think she should have stuck with it. It's the LP that is giving her problems right now.
    Yeah, I question the wisdom of scrapping a program that scores that well but we'll see how it goes.

Personally, I didn't have a problem with Gracie's SP or her music.

vCash
    I was hoping that Gracie would have some backbone... It is not a good idea to start changing a good programme (which brought her excellent scores), because some skating fans were not happy with the music. She definetely should keep herself off skating forums!!!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Do you really think that Gold is changing her SP because some fans didn't like it, and Frank Carroll sat on the sidelines and said, "Sure, Gracie, however you want to use your time is fine with me?"
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Do you really think that Gold is changing her SP because some fans didn't like it, and Frank Carroll sat on the sidelines and said, "Sure, Gracie, however you want to use your time is fine with me?"
    Actually, I think that´s ecactly what she is doing.... What other reason could there be? The judges liked her sp programme (based on the scores she was getting). Also I believe that the choreography will not be much different in her new sp.

vCash
    Didn't Gracie mention, in a recent interview, that she changed her LP dress from the pwincess-pink to the lilac specifically because the pink had generated so many negative online comments after SLC? Of course, GG listens to the chatter out there. It's not just fans chattering.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Gracie definitely reads tweets because she has favorited or retweeted many over the years. I think Gershwin's work is a masterpiece and it was the basis for Gracie's best program ever. But folks like TSL, and some ultra-conservative old fuddie duddie fans, couldn't handle its uniqueness so she folded. Some of us appreciated the music, Gracie. Oh well, there will be a lot of happy people when she shows up at nationals with twinkly piano music. Zzzz
    Last edited by fenway2; 12-01-2013 at 12:52 AM.

vCash
    Oh I can just see Frank now.... Anything you want is great with me! We will just skip happily along.

First of all.... I think the only place we have heard about an SP change get is TSL... A little suspect at this point since nothing has leaked.
    Second... With Grace's lack of musicality it probably won't make a huge difference technically. She can change the music, keep the choreo and the points.

I wish there wasn't such a rush with her and her team. With seasoning and ballet, she could really develop into a lovely and exciting skater
    DH - and that's just my opinion

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    TSL re-tweeted a message with a rumor that Kostner is dumping "Scheherezade" for "Bolero."

@SkatingLesson @skating102 Sources rumor that Kostner ditches Scheherazade for Boléro (Dave will be so thrilled!) http://bit.ly/1cbGWVQ
    https://twitter.com/alexlahayehey/st...65982556381184

vCash
    TSL re-tweeted a message with a rumor that Kostner is dumping "Scheherezade" for "Bolero."

@SkatingLesson @skating102 Sources rumor that Kostner ditches Scheherazade for Boléro (Dave will be so thrilled!) http://bit.ly/1cbGWVQ
    https://twitter.com/alexlahayehey/st...65982556381184
    They probably got that rumor from FSU. I read it on here last night.

vCash
    I would rather Kostner go back to Mozart…I simply adore that program and it is the program that solidified my fandom. Although some may argue that Bolero was never skated up to her potential whereas Mozart was, I would argue that Kostner's Mozart with a 3/3 and higher tech. than what she gave us at 2012 Worlds would probably be my favorite Ladies LP performance of the past quad (outside Suzuki).

Back to Gold, I'm surprised that people are chiming in about how much they liked it when it seemed like the clear consensus was that people hated it. I personally don't see anything redeeming about it…not just the screechy violin version of a good Gershwin piece but that choreography and "dance" was all kinds of .

I know people said that it scored well…but I think a clean and inspired SP with any music would have scored about the same. Maybe Gracie really wasn't feeling it and felt as awkward as she looked out on the ice. Psychologically, changing it could be advantageous for her.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    For the short, it will ALL come down to the 3 jumping passes. I can't see a lot of the other stuff REALLY mattering.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    For the short, it will ALL come down to the 3 jumping passes. I can't see a lot of the other stuff REALLY mattering.
    I agree. With Gracie it's all about landing her jumps. If she does that in the SP then she will probably go to Sochi even if she only lands about 4 triple jumps in the LP. A clean SP at Nationals will surpass the 69 points that she got at SC.

vCash
    According to npavel in the Kostner thread today, "Carolina never said she is changing her programs... all the rest is pure speculation by the press": http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4067356

Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Back to Gold, I'm surprised that people are chiming in about how much they liked it when it seemed like the clear consensus was that people hated it.
    How do we know there was a "clear consensus" if there never was poll thread in the Trash Can about it?
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-01-2013 at 04:17 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Too bad about Kostner. I don't think her Shez program is working.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast