Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    The skating season is a little less bright and interesting without her - I wish her well for the future and that she is able to find a new outlet for her creativity post skating.

vCash
    So sorry to hear this news. Wish Alissa all the best for the future, in skating and in life.

vCash
    Man. Totally understandable. But still sad.

She gave us some exceptional skating, and I am glad she is retiring with some great legacy - one GPF title, 2 National titles and a bunch of GP and Nebelhorn wins.

I hope she has a bright professional career. I could seriously watch her skate and spin all day. And best yet, no more jumps.

vCash
    Sorry to wake up to this news. I will miss Alissa on the competitive side of skating but hope she has a bright future in whatever she chooses to do. She is a lovely show skater. etc/

vCash
    How sad. Just read my footnote, below. Uncle Dickie said it best.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    V sad indeed. Alissa was certainly a stunning skater with many good qualities. La bayadere, George Winston, valse Triste ... They are all beautiful programmed I will remember.

vCash
    Best wishes to Alissa. She gave me some enjoyable skating moments. I hope she fully recovers, that is the important thing.
    Gone crazy. Be back soon.

vCash
    Anyone who thinks Alissa's attempts to compete were a waste of time, ever, should go watch her winning GPF LP. True greatness. Many people wrote her off long before that performance, but if she had given up, this masterpiece would never have existed. There could be another podium for her down the road, or not, but trying is not in vain, regardless.

vCash
    I just wish her the best in whatever she chooses to do. I think that it is very difficult for injured athletes to realize when their careers are over, since they have been sacrificing so much for so long toward a dream.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Hoping she's happy in life and what she has achieved. My favorite US lady for the last 10 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ComplimentsFrom View Post
    Well, I guess your definition of "long and prosperous" is different from mine.
    My idea of long is at least 5 or so years in the show circuit with some nice $$$ to go along with it. If that's not your idea of long and prosperous whatever. But you seemed to state as fact that Alissa would not have a great career in the show circuit and unless you're a soothsayer you have no way of knowing that. Or can you look into the future?
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    This is sad news indeed. I'm sure Alissa has been grappling with the conflict between what her head wanted and what her body was willing to do. That is never a pleasant scenario for an athlete or their fans. I still hope Alissa can skate in whatever capacity her body is willing to allow. She is simply a beautiful figure skater.

O-

vCash
    Hope that we continue to see Alissa and hear about her endeavors. She seemed like a very nice person and I wish her the best with her future.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    (((((Alissa))))))
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    So sorry to hear this. I was hoping to see her skate at nationals. She's such a beautiful skater, and I wanted to see those spins again!

I wish her all the best in the future, and perhaps I'll be able to see her at some shows...

vCash
    Unlucky to not find success in an Olympic year, but she had so many great accomplishments before and after. Her 2010 GPF performances are some of my favorite programs of all time, and I admire how she achieved that after her previous disappointing season. Remarkable skater, remarkable person.
    Last edited by RockTheTassel; 11-20-2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Wrote the wrong year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PairSk8Fan View Post
    IMHO, she could have saved her sponsors' money, her coaches' time and effort and saved herself a year of agony had she accepted her fate when diagnosed and retired.
    A typical post from you. Alissa has been through a lot with injuries I wish her all the best.
    Last edited by Dilng; 11-20-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Aw, I was hoping for a great comeback for her. Lovely skater!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    wow. quite surprising.. I thought that the judges would gift her with 4th place at sectionals and gift her with a bronze at nationals...I was afraid she was going to pull a Nicole Bobek a la Nagano and the 4th place finisher would be at home as disgusted as Tonia Kwiatkowski who really deserved the spot..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apatinar View Post
    I was afraid she was going to pull a Nicole Bobek a la Nagano and the 4th place finisher would be at home as disgusted as Tonia Kwiatkowski who really deserved the spot..
    Eh? Nicole outskated Kwiatkowski pretty clearly at Nationals. Granted, she had issues with her hip that probably resurfaced in Nagano, but based on Nationals that year I'm not really sure why anyone would feel she shouldn't have gone on to the Olympics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FblGVzjzxO0#t=2m22s

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast