Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    After some time, she can look back on her career and realize that there are several moments that she can be proud of.

I've always said she would be a great show skater. After she gets 2-3 years' experience performing exclusively on the show circuit, away from the stress of competition, I think she can come into her own.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Oleysa I I will miss you.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Thanks for the memories Alissa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gvqVM3fh0

vCash
    I'm so sorry, too, but it definitely sounds like her hip just wasn't allowing her to do everything full-out and yeah, I'd be concerned about re-injury too. Wishing her all the best in whatever comes next.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    She has had a wonderful career, will always be one of my favourite US women skaters - I recall the first time I really noticed her was at the Canadian Grand Prix - out East a last minute replacement and she won it.. was amazing.. such a great journey but she has the rest of her life now to focus on.. thanks for the memories Alissa!
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    At times like these, I am sure she loves having family, moreover a twin, to console her. I don't know how many pro exhibitions there are.

vCash
    I don't know how many pro exhibitions there are.
    Not as many as we might like. But in that vein, she has just done a Disson show - the Christmas show which will be telecast on December 1 on NBC (check your local listings). I was at the taping and the rehearsal - she looked healthy (meaning not tortured thin just beautiful and fit) and happy. Her jumps were not terrific but her spins were as beautiful as always and most importantly, she didn't radiate tension (something I have noticed in the past). I was happy to see her looking so happy. That was two weeks ago.

Alissa will also be skating in the Scott Hamilton and Friends show in Knoxville on Dec.6 (I'm pretty sure that one will not be televised). She seems like a very lovely, focused person to work with - I too hope she will have many pro opportunities if she wants them.
    Last edited by Willowway; 11-20-2013 at 01:51 AM.

vCash
    Winning the 2010 GPF. One of my favorites.
    Her SP from the 2010 GPF.

If she wanted to she could just give seminars on spinning and artistry and do very well.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Thanks for the memories, Alissa! Especially seeing you live at 2007 and 2011 Nationals where you stole the show -- simply mahvelous! <3

Everything to be proud of, and not a thing to be ashamed of!

vCash
    Those spins - that smile - a class act all around. Best of luck and successful recovery, Alissa!

vCash
    I'm sad to see Alissa bow out this season and it sucks that her injuries happened during the run-up to the Olympics. But she's always got the pride of being a two-time National champion to brag about! I could see her being a huge hit in skating shows in Asia, and I hope someone throws a mountain of money at her when the Olympics are over. So many good wishes to her for the future.

vCash
    Whatever the future holds for Alissa, it will be a bright future indeed for her. She's been delightful to watch over the years, and I've always had a soft spot for her since 2005 SC. I wish things could have gone more her way throughout her career, but they really did actually. Because no matter what, she always shared her heart with the audience, and Alissa will be missed this season for that.

Though I hope to see her compete again in the future, I hope she does what is right for her, regardless of where that takes her.

vCash
    Sad. I hope she find happiness, wherever life leads her...

vCash
    If she is not recovering fast enough to skate to her standards that reached a great peak in 2011 than her not competitng is totally understandable and I hope she skates a lot and keeps healthy and skates in more commercials!

vCash
    I can't say I am surprised at this, since it seemed the signals coming from Team Czisny this fall were guarded and I didn't take that as an optimistic outlook that her recovery would be complete enough to let her get back into the competitive condition she wanted to achieve. Even though she hasn't closed any doors completely, I do not believe we will see her skate competitively again as an eligible skater.

I can scarcely believe it has been almost 20 years since I first saw her skate at a local Ohio competition as a little kid from the Bowling Green FS club. Even back then, at her level she was a standout and you knew she would be going places. I am grateful I had the chance to see her live and in person, winning that 2010 GPF gold medal with two great performances. Good luck Alissa, and hopefully we will still be able to enjoy your lovely skating in the future in professional shows or other capacity.

vCash
    While I am sad for Alissa that it had to end this way, I am glad that she is not pushing herself and risking further injury. As tough as this must have been for her, it sounds like it was the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I'm glad she made her decision, which couldn't have been easy, early enough so that someone else can take her spot.
    I agree.

vCash
    She should be very proud for what she acomplished. For someone so notoriously inconsistent, she still became a Grand Prix Champion and two time US Champion. A great example that not only jumps count in FS.

Her 2010-2011 FP is one of mya ll time faves!!

vCash
    Oh well, Olympics were never going to happen given the extent of her injuries.

She's had some absolutely extraordinary qualities to her skating. Quite smooth basic skating, good posture and lines and most importantly really excellent spins. She's a skater that stood out and was memorable and that's something that can't be said for most.

I feel like I want to strangle the coaches who have taught her how to jump. She could have achieved so much more if they actually knew what they were doing. Oh well, can't change the past.

I hope that she can make a decent income from shows now. She's a gorgeous skater, the kind that can just stroke around the rink, do a spiral and you go 'Wow!'

All the best to you in your future endeavours Alissa. You're awesome!
    Last edited by Ziggy; 11-20-2013 at 03:25 AM.

vCash
    Although I will miss watching Alissa's skating, I am also glad for her that she is moving on with her life. She's done some modeling and one can easily see her succeed there. She speaks several languages and graduated summa cum laude from college. The road ahead of her is wide open. She will be fine. Good luck Alissa Czisny.

vCash
    Wish the best for whatever she decides. I'm very much proud of her. Such a beautiful and classy skater.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast