Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I went to the link for www.figureskatersonline.com in post#5 from Sylvia and it did not give me a virus warning.

vCash
    That is a shame. She is a really beautiful skater. Will miss seeing her compete.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I wish Alissa the very best, whatever she decides to do in the future

vCash
    I will miss Alissa this season and I applaud her effort. I wish to see her skate again on her terms, whether it be competitively or in shows, I will always be a fan

Banned Member
    vCash
    I always like her endearing middle-class Midwestern cadence, and I mean that with respect. And her spins too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steve skater View Post
    So sad to hear!
    She has given so much to the sport. Truly heartbreaking that she won't be able to make a run for the Olympics.

Does the fifth-place finisher at EGL Regional take her place at Mids?
    Yes. Alexie Mieskoski is going to Mids now.

vCash
    I am sad for Alissa although I felt this was coming. Her grace and sheer loveliness will be missed in the competitive field. I wish for Alissa a happy, long, and prosperous career in the show circuit.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    I am sad for Alissa although I felt this was coming. Her grace and sheer loveliness will be missed in the competitive field. I wish for Alissa a happy, long, and prosperous career in the show circuit.
    Erm, not happening.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PairSk8Fan View Post
    Yeah? Why? Because I would not wish the year of physical and emotional agony she went through on anyone?

Skating fans are totally selfish and greedy. Most of you just could not give up wanting to see her skate, even if it meant she would be suffering.

GFY.
    I think that many fans wanted her to continue because that is what SHE wanted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    Uncertain is what she says. My guess is we've seen the last of her competitively, especially since she emphasized wanting to continue skating by performing in shows, but I suppose she might attempt to come back. I highly doubt it though.
    It sounds to me like she has not given up the idea of returning. I'd guess she will just continue to train and see where it takes her. She should have a pretty good idea by the time the deadline for regionals comes around next year whether she can be competitive.

She talks about touring. Has anyone seen anything yet about a 2013 US SOI tour?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ComplimentsFrom View Post
    Erm, not happening.
    I guess you must have a crystal ball.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    I guess you must have a crystal ball.
    Well, I guess your definition of "long and prosperous" is different from mine.

vCash
    I'm heartbroken. I was still holding out unrealistic hope for her to make the Olympic team. So sad for her. In fact, I came to the forum from Kiss and Cry to see if there was any news on her. I hope she comes back for one more year at least! She will always be one of my favorites. Such a talent!

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    I'm so sad for Alissa that her Olympic dream became unfulfilled, but she is a smart, sweet, beautiful young woman and another chapter of her life awaits to be written. Here's hoping she finds happiness in other life pursuits and hopefully her fans will have many opportunities to enjoy seeing her in shows. She's a 2-time US Champion, Grand Prix Final Champion, arguably the greatest female spinner in the world of her generation, and in 2011, she was top 5 in the world. Quite a respectable list of accomplishments. Thanks for the great memories, Alissa!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    I was hoping for the fairy-tail ending, but She's been nothing but an ambassador for resilience and perseverance. I hope she returns back to competition in a year or on to end her career in her own terms.
    Ditto on all of that.

Personally, I will miss her a whole heck of a lot. I would rather watch her skate and have some missed jumps, than watch a lot of skaters land 6 triples. Her grace and beauty on ice and in her life has been a joy and a gift.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Classy, beautiful skater who I wished a happy ending for. I will miss her on the competitive scene but wish her all the best in a pro/show career. Thank you, Sylvia for the link to send her positive support, I'm sure she is saddened by having to call off her season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I'm so sad for Alissa that her Olympic dream became unfulfilled, but she is a smart, sweet, beautiful young woman and another chapter of her life awaits to be written. Here's hoping she finds happiness in other life pursuits and hopefully her fans will have many opportunities to enjoy seeing her in shows. She's a 2-time US Champion, Grand Prix Final Champion, arguably the greatest female spinner in the world of her generation, and in 2011, she was top 5 in the world. Quite a respectable list of accomplishments. Thanks for the great memories, Alissa!
    Well said! She's given us so many wonderful performances over the years. I'd rather watch her spin than watch most skaters do a slew of jumps.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I'm glad she made her decision, which couldn't have been easy, early enough so that someone else can take her spot.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    So sad to hear this but I am glad that she is lookibg at the situation with positive perspective.
    I hope she can really com back fully recovered.

vCash
    I'm truly sorry she wasn't able to maintain her 2010-11 level of brilliance throughout this quad. She will be dearly missed in skating.

Alissa leaves behind a legacy as one of the top spinners of all time, and one of two U.S. women to win the Grand Prix Final. Off to watch some of her best moments...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast