Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    All the best Alissa.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PairSk8Fan View Post
    GFY.
    Although everyone else is letting your "go f%ck yourself" insult slide, I just can't do the same. Anger issues much?

vCash
    Stop feeding the loser, people.

vCash
    "ending season" doesn't read "retiring" to me. She says she was getting better but not fast enough. I assume she is not giving up coming back to competition in the future, i.e., next season.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    I was hoping for the fairy-tail ending, but She's been nothing but an ambassador for resilience and perseverance. I hope she returns back to competition in a year or on to end her career in her own terms.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    Wishing Alissa a long and injury-free professional career in skating, if that's what she wants. She is exquisite. Wishing her a happy life wherever it takes her.
    This. Alissa has had a great career, so I hope she doesn't feel any sense of regret looking back on her competitive career if this indeed was her final year (it may not be if she wishes to continue). I know she didn't make an Olympic team but she has represented the US so well over the years in other major competitions. She should be proud of herself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    "ending season" doesn't read "retiring" to me. She says she was getting better but not fast enough. I assume she is not giving up coming back to competition in the future, i.e., next season.
    As for the future, I'm still uncertain what that holds for me. Skating has been a passion for me, and I definitely want to continue skating through performing in shows."
    Uncertain is what she says. My guess is we've seen the last of her competitively, especially since she emphasized wanting to continue skating by performing in shows, but I suppose she might attempt to come back. I highly doubt it though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    Although everyone else is letting your "go f%ck yourself" insult slide, I just can't do the same. Anger issues much?
    Ignore the troll and it will go away.

vCash
    sorry, deleted
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    IMHO, she could have saved her sponsors' money, her coaches' time and effort and saved herself a year of agony had she accepted her fate when diagnosed and retired.
    You really are onto something with this whole saving oneself effort and agony. As such, PairSk8Fan, meet my Ignore list. Ignore List, please meet PairSk8Fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    So sweet! Please be sure to send her a message of support.
    well done.

vCash
    So sorry to hear that but understandable.

Amid the obvious struggles she's given some beautiful performances to look back on, and will always remember those. Thank you Alissa.

vCash
    Alissa has been a class act throughout her career.
    Wishing the best for her in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    What an attitude, PairSk8Fan
    UGH!
    Where's the like button.

(PairsSk8Fan might be another poster for the ignore list. Doesn't look like the posts add much value IMHO)

I have always loved Alissa's skating. Even if she never "jumped" she has a beautiful style on the ice. I wish her the best and hope she is very happy regardless of what she does next. She's a smart young woman with a lot of options in front of her.

vCash
    It would be nice if Alissa tried to come back for 2016 Worlds since they would be in Boston, but either way she's had a long career & always was a skater I enjoyed watching. Best of luck to her in whatever she decides to do!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Ignore the troll and it will go away.
    For those of you wondering how to "ignore" it's in your settings.

vCash
    Yeah? Why? Because I would not wish the year of physical and emotional agony she went through on anyone?
    We really have no idea how much "agony" Alissa went through. And these are tough athletes who love skating. They do not give up easily, nor do they want to have regret. Alissa did not have an automatic career-ending injury and was capable of returning to skating. Why shouldn't she have tried? I applaud her.

I just hope that she was truly unable to get back, rather than just in need of an extra month's worth of training. It's sad when skaters are forced to either rush back quicker than they should, or end their seasons in Oct or Nov when Nationals isn't until January. Even for skaters with major international experience, there are no other options. This is just another instance that reminds me how much I dislike this qualifying system. Oh well.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Awww, my mom will be sad. She adopted Alissa while volunteering at Nationals in San Jose since she was so sweet and humble.

It's hard for an athlete to admit that they aren't physically ready to go back to training competitively (let alone competing) and would be risking further injury to continue. You hope your body recovers in time but you just don't know if it will. Best of luck to her, whatever she decides to do next.

vCash
    My best wishes to Alissa. I hope she is able to fully recover, skate in shows, and compete again if that is what she chooses.

Just a word of caution - the figureskatersonline link in post #5 is giving me a virus warning so be careful of using it!
    Last edited by maureenfarone; 11-19-2013 at 11:07 PM.

vCash
    So sad to hear!
    She has given so much to the sport. Truly heartbreaking that she won't be able to make a run for the Olympics.

Does the fifth-place finisher at EGL Regional take her place at Mids?
    Last edited by steve skater; 11-19-2013 at 11:11 PM. Reason: wrong link

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast