Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Czisny Ends Season

vCash
    Sad! From the article it sounds like it's not due to injury. She is burned out and doesn't want to compete anymore. It's almost like 'end of an era'. She will make a fabulous exhibition/pro skater.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Not surprising but still sad.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    That's a shame. I wish her well.

vCash
    If anyone would like to send Alissa a message of support: http://figureskatersonline.com/aliss.../site/contact/

This is her official FB fan page: https://www.facebook.com/alissa.czisny
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Banned Member
    vCash
    IMHO, she could have saved her sponsors' money, her coaches' time and effort and saved herself a year of agony had she accepted her fate when diagnosed and retired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PairSk8Fan View Post
    IMHO, she could have saved her sponsors' money, her coaches' time and effort and saved herself a year of agony had she accepted her fate when diagnosed and retired.
    So sweet! Please be sure to send her a message of support.

vCash
    What an attitude, PairSk8Fan
    UGH!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Sad! From the article it sounds like it's not due to injury. She is burned out and doesn't want to compete anymore.
    I don't share your interpretation - from the press release:

"It's a tough decision for me not to compete at sectionals this week. I've given my very best to make a full recovery and a successful comeback to competition, but I'm simply not yet completely prepared to be competitive. I've made great progress, and all the elements are returning, but it's been slow and I cannot rush the process without risking further injury.
    ... It breaks my heart that I will not be competing this season."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    That is very disappointing. I hope she has a successful show career.

vCash
    "She's one of the most exquisite skaters of all time"
    -Dick Button

vCash
    One year is tiny compared to a lifetime of what-ifs. And you act as if her coaches were victims. They were compensated for their time and have no reason to be upset, nor do you, for that matter.

It definitely sounds like the injury held her back this year. She must be devastated. Hopefully she has a strong support system and can talk to other skaters who went on to live healthy, happy lives despite never making the Olympics.

vCash
    I think it's pretty clear that Alissa loves to skate. While qualifying for the Olympics was clearly her goal, I don't think there's anything wrong with her making the attempt to come back from injury, even if it was a long shot.

I'm not sure I agree with the poster who said she sounded burned out. Senior ladies at mids was shaping up to be very competitive, and it sounds like Alissa was not in the form she wanted to be to have the best shot at qualifying for nationals. Better to withdraw than to not qualify, at this point in her career.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    What an attitude, PairSk8Fan
    UGH!
    Yeah? Why? Because I would not wish the year of physical and emotional agony she went through on anyone?

Skating fans are totally selfish and greedy. Most of you just could not give up wanting to see her skate, even if it meant she would be suffering.

GFY.

vCash
    Yeah? Why? Because I would not wish the year of physical and emotional agony she went through on anyone?
    I think the way your phrased it, with her well-being being the last concern made it seem a bit heartless; though perhaps you didn't mean it that way. Her sponsors weren't withdrawing their money, so clearly they didn't think it was wasted, and her coaches weren't doing this pro-bono (or at least they aren't usually) so their time wasn't wasted, it was paid for. Saving a year of agony is the only reason to wish she called it quits sooner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I don't share your interpretation - from the press release:

"It's a tough decision for me not to compete at sectionals this week. I've given my very best to make a full recovery and a successful comeback to competition, but I'm simply not yet completely prepared to be competitive. I've made great progress, and all the elements are returning, but it's been slow and I cannot rush the process without risking further injury.
    ... It breaks my heart that I will not be competing this season."
    I must have rushed when I read it, and must have skipped this portion.

vCash
    Wishing Alissa a long and injury-free professional career in skating, if that's what she wants. She is exquisite. Wishing her a happy life wherever it takes her.
    improving my ballad- like lines

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I'm sad but I wish her the best and hope she gets some great show skating opportunities.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I can't blame her for trying again and again for a long time until she was convinced that she can't be competitive.

vCash

Skating fans are totally selfish and greedy. Most of you just could not give up wanting to see her skate, even if it meant she would be suffering.

GFY.
    It isn't for you to judge my motives.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast