Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLIVER View Post
    Hijacking Jason's thread now!
    I've copied several of the posts here into the U.S. Men's thread - feel free to continue this discussion over there : http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4057327
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marysy View Post
    Agreed that Jason's speed could be improved. This was especially evident during the men's practice at Skate America, where he was in a warm-up group with the three Japanese men (Kozuka, Takahashi, and Machida) and those three just flew across the ice.

That said, it was really wonderful meeting and chatting with him, and he is just about the sweetest and most adorable person ever. His joy is quite infectious, and he seemed just happy to be competing (lovely to see amongst all the tense competitors). Couldn't be happier that he medaled at TEB and looking forward to all that his future holds.
    Couldn't agree more. We also met him at Skate America and he just seemed like he really appreciated everything that was happening and especially the support of the fans. I really hope he does well and will be rooting for him in Boston.

vCash
    Jason's interviews are always great, but can anyone explain what tables he's talking about in the Art on Ice one?

AOI: you turned senior this year. Big differences for you to approach the competition?
    Jason Brown: I was a Junior for the past three years and there are some similarities. International travels are similar, how the events are run is pretty similar, you know , take one practice on the day, the same table for many, but the biggest difference is like the people you compete against are much older and people that you have admired for so many years, it’s such a huge venue, the crowds are bigger, there’s more media… It’s a different table height. A different energy.

vCash
    I think they're metaphorical tables. He's now eating at the big kids' table.

vCash
    In my fantasy world, Brown and Rippon go to Socchi.

I think it is a possibility. And the US won't necessarily send two men with quads. What they will do, we can bet on it, (even if it frustrates me ) is that Number 1 and 2 from Nationals will be send without taking into account any other placements from the whole season.
    Therefore, Jason has a huge chance. He may not be the favourite but the chance is there.

Dornbush - I would have believed in a couple of seasons ago...It might still happen if the stars align but I think he needs to find his mojo again and then try again next season.

vCash
    If he stays healthy, I think his quad (like the axel) will come in time.

However, one thing I would like to see Jason work on ASAP is the centering of his spins.

I noticed almost every spin he did at TEB had mild to excessive traveling on it, which really takes away from the beautiful positions he hits in them.

His spins are too good and unique to let some traveling keep him from getting +3 GOE on almost every spin across the panel. This should be an outright point-getter, but because of noticeable traveling, he's getting tons of 1s (even some 0s), when he shouldn't be getting anything less than 2s IMO.

And this is something I think he could easily nip in the bud with a little selective training just for this issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    In my fantasy world, Brown and Rippon go to Socchi.

I think it is a possibility. And the US won't necessarily send two men with quads. What they will do, we can bet on it, (even if it frustrates me ) is that Number 1 and 2 from Nationals will be send without taking into account any other placements from the whole season.
    Therefore, Jason has a huge chance. He may not be the favourite but the chance is there.

Dornbush - I would have believed in a couple of seasons ago...It might still happen if the stars align but I think he needs to find his mojo again and then try again next season.
    Hegwig you are in good company. After TEB I asked a former Champion who he thought would be the best combination for Sochi he said that Rippon and Brown would be his pick, not only for the big scores they both are pulling but the excitement they generate too. Both of these guys are well liked by other skaters and make great ambassadors for the sport. He said Adam has a huge international fan base and he was sure Brown's would surely explode after TEB. They might be the shot in the arm the sport needs. Maybe it is time for USFS to get real and admit it is not wise to promote men's figure skating as a rough and tough artistic hockey. It isn't. There is nothing un-manly about super athletic men creating great lines and jumping a meter off the ground-- just ask Nureyev or Baryshnikov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjames View Post
    Maybe it is time for USFS to get real and admit it is not wise to promote men's figure skating as a rough and tough artistic hockey. It isn't. There is nothing un-manly about super athletic men creating great lines and jumping a meter off the ground-- just ask Nureyev or Baryshnikov
    By the same token, there's NOTHING WRONG with skaters who skate a bit more hockey-like either. Every skater has their own individual style, which should be embraced, not one denigrated over the other.

vCash
    It is ironic how Jason has skated like the awesome journey as it should be, where Joshua has had certain pressures on him that he seems overwhelmed to overcome.
    This latest injury seems predictable. Too much pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I love quoting this article whenever I can, so I see no harm in repeating a promise Josh and Jason made in summer 2012...

vCash
    ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrid View Post
    Cheers Sylvia! Jason is the 3rd of the 3 card games we did in Paris so it'll take us a bit of time until we upload it, but believe me, it's worth the wait
    Tease! Thanks for the info - please post the link in this thread when it's uploaded.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-23-2013 at 04:03 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Jason Brown interview 11/23/13 [via Skype]
    Watch an interview with Jason Brown during icenetwork's coverage of U.S. sectionals.
    http://web.icenetwork.com/video/v31239921

I believe this is not geoblocked and can be watched by non-subscribers?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I was able to get it in Canada, and I'm not a subscriber. Thank you, Sylvia!
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    More reason to enjoy and look forward to Jason.
    Thanks, Sylvia.

vCash
    Re-posting from his joint Łber thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post
    Happy birthday Jason!!!

His new website is up!
    http://figureskatersonline.com/jasonbrown/
    Jason turns 19 today.

vCash
    As promised, here's Jason's Card Game from TEB Hope you enjoy it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFHf4-wu840

vCash
    The video is "private".

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    Thank you! Very good questions, and good answers by Jason.
    Crows and Eville SQUIRRELS love peanuts!

vCash
    I need to go brush my teeth before I get cavities after watching that! He is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o sweet!

I loved his really neat side-step of the "who would you be proudest to beat?" question

May he never lose his enthusiasm and joy!

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Yay, thanks for posting the video It was so much fun being present at that moment.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    Yay, thanks for posting the video It was so much fun being present at that moment.
    Yay! Great memory! He really took the time to give detailed answers which is what makes the game fun.
    Touching the void.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast