Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Funny, I always thought he and Agnes Zawadski looked like twins. I can also see Mayim Bialik but I can't see Kimmie Meissner at all

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    TSL had a video of Jason attempting the quad here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOEynnwfK9A
    It's from May.

Too far away to see where he is as far as rotation, but in any case provides some insight on status.
    Right, he needs to worry about getting more confident on his triple axel than any quad at this very moment to try to get a spot for Sochi.

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash
    The impression I got was that 2018 is and always has been his goal, but in order to get him psychologically ready to compete during a high pressure Olympic season where the goal is to get onto the team, they are treating this season as if making the Sochi team is the goal. Which seems smart as far as it goes (although with 2018 as the true goal, the psychological pressure this year is never going to be the same as it would be during 2017-2018).

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Impromptu View Post
    The impression I got was that 2018 is and always has been his goal, but in order to get him psychologically ready to compete during a high pressure Olympic season where the goal is to get onto the team, they are treating this season as if making the Sochi team is the goal. Which seems smart as far as it goes (although with 2018 as the true goal, the psychological pressure this year is never going to be the same as it would be during 2017-2018).
    As they should. And they should make it a realistic goal for this season to make it to the Olympics. I think he's got a good enough head on his shoulders and perspective to see that he won't contend for gold or even make it to the podium (if he did, it would be just extra icing on the cake, if you will), so the Olympic experience would be invaluable and only help him further down the road as far as motivation and improvement goes (unlike Nagasu).

vCash
    I think it is smart to treat this year as though it is the high pressure season because you never know what is going to happen. This might be his only shot. I really hope 1) he makes the team and 2) it isn't his only shot.

vCash
    True, if there's a sport where you have to take your chance when it comes or risk never seeing it again, it's FS.
    I hope all goes well for Jason, he has a great attitude and his pure enjoyment of skating carries him, I hope pressure doesn't take that away from him.
    Having met him after TEB, I can confirm he's every bit as friendly and adorable as he seems!
    Touching the void.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Primorskaya View Post
    I hope all goes well for Jason, he has a great attitude and his pure enjoyment of skating carries him, I hope pressure doesn't take that away from him.
    Having met him after TEB, I can confirm he's every bit as friendly and adorable as he seems!
    Meeting him @ US Nationals last year (San Jose) after a practice session confirms this for us. A delightful young man. So thrilled that he skated so beautifully and medalled @ TEB!

vCash
    I love hearing your Jason stories! I hope I get to add my own one day.

vCash
    I have yet to see him skating live. Looking at the TEB protocol, his skating skills were in the 7s, while the CH, PE, IN were in the 8s. I wonder what's his weakness in the skating skill area. It's hard to see that in video.

vCash
    I'm one of those people that doesn't follow juniors too closely. When I saw Jason at Nebelhorn, I knew I was seeing someone special. Seeing him live at SA was a true "JOYOUS" occasion for me. I'm so pleased for him that he was on the podium in Paris. I would love to see him on the olympic team but if not, I'm sure he will be at 4 continents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luenatic View Post
    I have yet to see him skating live. Looking at the TEB protocol, his skating skills were in the 7s, while the CH, PE, IN were in the 8s. I wonder what's his weakness in the skating skill area. It's hard to see that in video.
    Speed, apparently. Little fella isn't quite fast enough for the judges' liking.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Is that some sort of sick euphemism?

(-1) *smh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Yes I agree. I think he can probably take a notch up in the ice coverage also. Love that he has six trillion transitions, but I agree with some that perhaps it wouldn't hurt to give up one or two of them to get some more speed. Also, I'd say his glide isn't as effortless compared to Yan Han.

vCash
    Agreed that Jason's speed could be improved. This was especially evident during the men's practice at Skate America, where he was in a warm-up group with the three Japanese men (Kozuka, Takahashi, and Machida) and those three just flew across the ice.

That said, it was really wonderful meeting and chatting with him, and he is just about the sweetest and most adorable person ever. His joy is quite infectious, and he seemed just happy to be competing (lovely to see amongst all the tense competitors). Couldn't be happier that he medaled at TEB and looking forward to all that his future holds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ComplimentsFrom View Post
    Is that some sort of sick euphemism?

(-1) *smh
    What planet are you on? There is nothing behind that comment.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    I'm one of those people that doesn't follow juniors too closely. When I saw Jason at Nebelhorn, I knew I was seeing someone special. Seeing him live at SA was a true "JOYOUS" occasion for me. I'm so pleased for him that he was on the podium in Paris. I would love to see him on the olympic team but if not, I'm sure he will be at 4 continents.
    Joy was the word that kept coming to mind at Jason's last practice before the LP at SA. He skated his program from beginning to end and really treated those of us in the stands. (He seemed to make eye contact with everyone - although I understand now he probably could not see us. ) While his music wasn't my favorite, Jason made it come alive. He seemed to be having the time of his life.

I have difficulty comparing Jason to others. He seems to radiate his joy as he skates and pulls in the audience along the way.
    Last edited by Meredith; 11-20-2013 at 12:34 PM.

vCash

interview with Jason Brown

Hello all, I don't know if this is the right place for this link to an interview with Jason Brown in Paris, from artonice.it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalachika View Post
    Hello all, I don't know if this is the right place for this link to an interview with Jason Brown in Paris, from artonice.it
    It is the right place (I started this new thread because I knew there would be more interviews from Paris - Grazie!

I'm also looking forward to watching the "Orange Team" card game video with Jason in the future!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-20-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I was very surprised by this quote:
    AOI: so you have the national championships ahead now, a big challenge with Jeremy, Adam, Max, Joshua…
    Jason Brown: oh yes, so many!
    AOI: do you think you have any chances? You’re very young, but still…
    Jason Brown: no, I definitely do not believe that there is a possibility. I’m really trying to look at this year like as if I make it or not make it, well it’s all a learning experience for the next four years. And hopefully when the next four years come I’ll be ready to make that spot.
    I wouldn't call him a favorite for the championship or the Olympic team, but the American men are such a ??? right now, that I really do think Jason has a chance to win nationals/ be named to the Olympic team. Here he talks that he doesn't have a chance at either. That makes me sad.

vCash
    From the FSO interview/article before TEB posted earlier in this thread: http://www.figureskatersonline.com/n...the-challenge/
    “It is cool to know that it is a realistic possibility and not out of my reach. I know that I’m going to have to skate two clean programs at Nationals. But I definitely think that it is possible and I do really think that the possibilities are endless. Four years ago, I was watching all the people I inspired to be like and look up to compete and now it is crazy to be like in their shoes and I’m going to be the one on the ice this season and I’m really excited. It would definitely be an honor for me to compete in Sochi and represent my country,” said Brown.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast