Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    He was very good in TEB. his loving attitude wins lots of fans for him. He is not in the same level than Chan or Hanuy, of course, but he is working to be there.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I love seeing how happy Jason is on the ice. He reminds me of Kimmie Meissner in that regard. I like various skaters for different reasons, but it's great to see skaters who really do exude happiness on the ice.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    He actually looks a bit like Kimmie.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Jason is just awesome. A tremendously talented skater and artist and an extremely adorable and nice person.
    I'm definitely an uber now and can't wait to see him progress further. He really was the crowd's favorite in Paris and deservedly so.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    He actually looks a bit like Kimmie.
    Yup, First thing i thought when i saw him

Probably the hair...

And the cheeks...

And the eyes ...

vCash
    For being so new to senior level, I think Jason's doing great. So enjoyed watching him skate at the GP in France (via IN + tv) and hope he keeps his attitude, skills, coach, etc. for the long term. Whatever he's doing, it's working, and he might have a good future ahead in skating. I say "might" because so many talented up and comers seem to disappear into the woodwork for whatever reasons. Anyway, I wish him well and hope he is one of the 2 representing the US at the Olympics because he is holding up so well skating on the international level.

vCash
    Jason is a natural star. I hope that SOI and other shows are paying attention.

I would not compare him at all to Kimmie Meissner. While she had early promise, she is not a naturally charismatic skater whose personality reaches to the highest rung in the rafters. I'd compare Jason more to Oksana Bayul...loads of natural personality, with just-good-enough teknik. Imagine what Jason will be like when he acquires a quad. Mamma Mia. Whatever he does - do NOT let him go to Morozov. Don't taint/grease/spoil our dear Jason!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Jason has said in an interview that Kori was his first coach and will be his last coach.

Now if only I could remember which adorable, charming interview that was...

vCash
    It was this one - article from Figure Skaters Online, published before the start of TEB: Jason Brown: Ready for the challenge! (includes some fun facts at the end)
    Now four years later, Jason has begun his quest to make the Olympic team. In order to further his training and better prepare for the upcoming season, Jason moved more 1,000 miles from his home in Highland Park, Illinois to train in Colorado. His longtime coach, Kori Ade, came along with him. Kori has been Jason’s coach since he was five years old.

“She is the first coach I ever had and will be the last coach I ever had. She is like my second mom. She stands by me and stands by my decisions. She knows me better than I really know myself. I think I got really lucky to have her. For me, it is such an advantage because when I compete I feel so comfortable with her. I feel every step of the way I’m doing it with her and she understands, she understands what I’m going through. She has been there through it all. She knows my good days, she knows my bad days, she has been at my worst events and she has been at my best events,” said Brown.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I am such a Jason Brown fangirl!! Have been for a few years now and was so lucky to see him live at Nebelhorn this year.

I really hope that he continues to improve and I will keep seeing him in competitions now that it has become harder (since he switched to Seniors). Without a quad it will be hard to make the Olympic and Worlds team this season (he has an outside shot) but maybe in a couple of years...

I couldn't care less if he ever wins a Worlds medal but I selfishly want him to get good enough to make many teams so that I can watch him!

vCash
    I love quoting this article whenever I can, so I see no harm in repeating a promise Josh and Jason made in summer 2012...

Having finished one-two at so many competitions, we asked if the boys had ever imagined finishing in first and second at the senior level at the U.S. championships.

"That would be a dream come true," Brown said. "That's how I always hoped and dreamed it would be. It would be unbelievable. And then we could go to worlds!"

"2014 Worlds, we're going," Farris said. "That's our goal."

"That would be the best," Brown said. "That would be so exciting."

vCash
    I am a total Jason uber! Meeting him was the highlight of Skate America, though I was so excited I didn't say anything coherent other than asking him for a picture (which he happily agreed to!) and telling him that he was absolutely amazing, haha. I would LOVE for him to get to the Olympics!!

vCash
    Jason's skate at TEB was wonderful. Despite the problems with a few jumps it was a great skate. He is only 18. If he gets a consistent quad and becomes more consistent with his jumps, he is going to be a force. He has his own style and no one can duplicate what he is doing. As he grows up, he may lose some of his flexibility (like the ladies losing their jumps due to growth), but he may come up with new moves by that time.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Jason is a natural star. I hope that SOI and other shows are paying attention.

I would not compare him at all to Kimmie Meissner. While she had early promise, she is not a naturally charismatic skater whose personality reaches to the highest rung in the rafters. I'd compare Jason more to Oksana Bayul...loads of natural personality, with just-good-enough teknik. Imagine what Jason will be like when he acquires a quad. Mamma Mia. Whatever he does - do NOT let him go to Morozov. Don't taint/grease/spoil our dear Jason!
    I meant his face resembles hers. Not his style or star quality.

Dear skategods, please grant Jason his quads. Please!!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    When I first saw him a couple years ago he reminded me of Mayim Bialik, from The Big Bang Theory, because when he smiles his eyes crunch up like hers.

vCash
    It's good to see Jason being rewarded for all his hard work, he deserves every accolade, his skates at TEB were awesome!

What American audiences noticed right off the bat, now the international audience is noticing as well, and on such a grand scale!

GOOOOOOOOOOO JASON!!!

vCash
    Has he ever commented on his quad learning plans? He is a true artist but I'd love him to be a winner! I'm amazed by how his Riverdance builds up and he accelerates towards the end. That shows lots of stamina! It also sounds like he is willing to put in the time to learn what he loves seeing--hope, he loves the quads.

vCash
    This article alludes to him starting them after he mastered 3A.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,1623762.story

I think someone else mentioned Kori Ade says he is training them, but he doesn't have the consistency to use them in a program.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Best of luck to Jason with the quads!

from Speedy Death

vCash
    TSL had a video of Jason attempting the quad here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOEynnwfK9A
    It's from May.

Too far away to see where he is as far as rotation, but in any case provides some insight on status.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast