Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    FSU Witness Protection Program
    Age
    26
    Posts
    28,062
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34762
    She won the Junior ladies SP at the 5th Russian Cup event with 59 points. It was the highest score there, junior or senior.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGlME067Q9A

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,470
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    She won the Junior ladies SP at the 5th Russian Cup event with 59 points. It was the highest score there, junior or senior.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGlME067Q9A
    Am I hallucinating or did she do a 3flip/3toe?!! WHAT?!!!

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    FSU Witness Protection Program
    Age
    26
    Posts
    28,062
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34762
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Am I hallucinating or did she do a 3flip/3toe?!! WHAT?!!!
    I don't think you are because she got the bonus that the Russian fed gives out, now that I look at it

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    bawlmore
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,512
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    782
    Okay, what is her short program music? It's so familiar, and it's been bugging me for days that I can't figure it out. Anyone?

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    23,082
    vCash
    80943
    Rep Power
    91368
    Quote Originally Posted by altai_rose View Post
    Okay, what is her short program music? It's so familiar, and it's been bugging me for days that I can't figure it out. Anyone?
    "Mon cœur s'ouvre à ta voix", from Samson et Dalila.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    FSU Witness Protection Program
    Age
    26
    Posts
    28,062
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34762
    Quote Originally Posted by altai_rose View Post
    Okay, what is her short program music? It's so familiar, and it's been bugging me for days that I can't figure it out. Anyone?
    I think it's Samson & Delilah - Mon couer s'ouvre a ta voix

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    bawlmore
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,512
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    782
    Thanks falling_dance and oleada!

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,950
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    91872
    When I was looking at the JGPF results, I saw the name Anastasia Gubanov in pairs (or was it ice dance? I will have to go back and check). I am wondering if there are two ladies with very similar names? The single lady Gubanova (10 yrs old) is apparently different from the pairs/ID skater Gubanov (not sure why she did not add the 'a' as Russian ladies do). At first glance though I thought it was this Anastasia.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,675
    vCash
    532
    Rep Power
    16655
    Gubanova is obviously a very technically talented lady, but somehow she doesn't do anything for me. I prefer Elizaveta Nugumanova. Same age, doesn't have the jumps quite yet, but she really expresses her music!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1nGRrVg7eE

    Both Gubanova and Nugumanova will be junior eligible only in 2016/2017, so they still have the rest of this season and 2 more seasons to improve before we see them at the JGP events.
    Last edited by hanca; 12-10-2013 at 08:38 PM.

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,950
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    91872
    All these talented young ladies create a lot of excitement for 2022. It will be interesting to see how they develop. I hope they will do very well.

  11. #31

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    148
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    891
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Gubanova is obviously a very technically talented lady, but somehow she doesn't do anything for me. I prefer Elizaveta Nugumanova. Same age, doesn't have the jumps quite yet, but she really expresses her music!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1nGRrVg7eE

    Both Gubanova and Nugumanova will be junior eligible only in 2016/2017, so they still have the rest of this season and 2 more seasons to improve before we see them at the JGP events.
    I really prefer this little one as well. She was great!

  12. #32

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    near Chicago
    Posts
    2,039
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by zoe111 View Post
    I really prefer this little one as well. She was great!
    They are both great, but I think Ngumanova is my favorite too. She shows so much joy on her face and she is very musical.

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    112
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    When I was looking at the JGPF results, I saw the name Anastasia Gubanov in pairs (or was it ice dance? I will have to go back and check). I am wondering if there are two ladies with very similar names? The single lady Gubanova (10 yrs old) is apparently different from the pairs/ID skater Gubanov (not sure why she did not add the 'a' as Russian ladies do). At first glance though I thought it was this Anastasia.
    You're right. We have two Anastasia Gubanova in juniors. One in lady's another one in pairs.
    Here the first one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGlME067Q9A
    Here is the second:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvNyMY6t6f8
    They are from Perm. Zakroev and Vygalova teammates.

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    112
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilng View Post
    They are both great, but I think Ngumanova is my favorite too. She shows so much joy on her face and she is very musical.
    I think they are both very musical, still I simply adore Nugumanova's s.p. this year:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLrnsx3DvF0

  15. #35

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,335
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    781
    Now I'm in love with two little girls from Russia and really looking forward to see them develop.

  16. #36

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,950
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    91872
    I love all three- the two Gubanovas and Ngumanova (I had seen that performance on yt earlier).

    The pairs Gubanova- the pair reminds me of Katia and Sergei in 1995 (when Katia was 14 and Sergei was 19)because of their height difference.

  17. #37

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    148
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    891
    I think someone posted this young lady on a different thread some time ago, and the video below looks to be a more recent competition - but I think this kid is great! If I recall correctly, someone said she was 11. Great musicality and she just makes me smile when I watch her. Her jumps look improved just since a few months ago as well. Russia has so many great kids coming up through the ranks.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTYPvgF9AYE

  18. #38

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,950
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    91872
    Quote Originally Posted by zoe111 View Post
    I think someone posted this young lady on a different thread some time ago, and the video below looks to be a more recent competition - but I think this kid is great! If I recall correctly, someone said she was 11. Great musicality and she just makes me smile when I watch her. Her jumps look improved just since a few months ago as well. Russia has so many great kids coming up through the ranks.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTYPvgF9AYE
    Lovely! I am really enjoying vids of these awesomely talented kids.

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,470
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Gubanova placed 7th at 2014 Russian Junior Nationals after skating two clean programs.

    SP: 3flip/3toe, 2axel and 3loop (7th TES)
    FS: 3flip/3toe, 3lutz, 2axel, 3flip/2toe, 3loop, 3salchow, 3toe/2toe/2toe (5th TES)

    For somebody 10 going on 11 years old, this is just.

  20. #40

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,226
    vCash
    5550
    Rep Power
    17487
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Gubanova placed 7th at 2014 Russian Junior Nationals after skating two clean programs.

    SP: 3flip/3toe, 2axel and 3loop (7th TES)
    FS: 3flip/3toe, 3lutz, 2axel, 3flip/2toe, 3loop, 3salchow, 3toe/2toe/2toe (5th TES)

    For somebody 10 going on 11 years old, this is just.
    As is the fact that she was only 7th and 5th in TES, respectively (and 7th overall) with that content.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •