Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    She won the Junior ladies SP at the 5th Russian Cup event with 59 points. It was the highest score there, junior or senior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGlME067Q9A

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    She won the Junior ladies SP at the 5th Russian Cup event with 59 points. It was the highest score there, junior or senior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGlME067Q9A
    Am I hallucinating or did she do a 3flip/3toe?!! WHAT?!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Am I hallucinating or did she do a 3flip/3toe?!! WHAT?!!!
    I don't think you are because she got the bonus that the Russian fed gives out, now that I look at it

vCash
    Okay, what is her short program music? It's so familiar, and it's been bugging me for days that I can't figure it out. Anyone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by altai_rose View Post
    Okay, what is her short program music? It's so familiar, and it's been bugging me for days that I can't figure it out. Anyone?
    "Mon cœur s'ouvre à ta voix", from Samson et Dalila.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by altai_rose View Post
    I think it's Samson & Delilah - Mon couer s'ouvre a ta voix

vCash
    Thanks falling_dance and oleada!

vCash
    When I was looking at the JGPF results, I saw the name Anastasia Gubanov in pairs (or was it ice dance? I will have to go back and check). I am wondering if there are two ladies with very similar names? The single lady Gubanova (10 yrs old) is apparently different from the pairs/ID skater Gubanov (not sure why she did not add the 'a' as Russian ladies do). At first glance though I thought it was this Anastasia.

vCash
    Gubanova is obviously a very technically talented lady, but somehow she doesn't do anything for me. I prefer Elizaveta Nugumanova. Same age, doesn't have the jumps quite yet, but she really expresses her music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1nGRrVg7eE

Both Gubanova and Nugumanova will be junior eligible only in 2016/2017, so they still have the rest of this season and 2 more seasons to improve before we see them at the JGP events.
    Last edited by hanca; 12-10-2013 at 08:38 PM.

vCash
    All these talented young ladies create a lot of excitement for 2022. It will be interesting to see how they develop. I hope they will do very well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Gubanova is obviously a very technically talented lady, but somehow she doesn't do anything for me. I prefer Elizaveta Nugumanova. Same age, doesn't have the jumps quite yet, but she really expresses her music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1nGRrVg7eE

Both Gubanova and Nugumanova will be junior eligible only in 2016/2017, so they still have the rest of this season and 2 more seasons to improve before we see them at the JGP events.
    I really prefer this little one as well. She was great!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zoe111 View Post
    I really prefer this little one as well. She was great!
    They are both great, but I think Ngumanova is my favorite too. She shows so much joy on her face and she is very musical.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    When I was looking at the JGPF results, I saw the name Anastasia Gubanov in pairs (or was it ice dance? I will have to go back and check). I am wondering if there are two ladies with very similar names? The single lady Gubanova (10 yrs old) is apparently different from the pairs/ID skater Gubanov (not sure why she did not add the 'a' as Russian ladies do). At first glance though I thought it was this Anastasia.
    You're right. We have two Anastasia Gubanova in juniors. One in lady's another one in pairs.
    Here the first one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGlME067Q9A
    Here is the second:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvNyMY6t6f8
    They are from Perm. Zakroev and Vygalova teammates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilng View Post
    They are both great, but I think Ngumanova is my favorite too. She shows so much joy on her face and she is very musical.
    I think they are both very musical, still I simply adore Nugumanova's s.p. this year:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLrnsx3DvF0

vCash
    Now I'm in love with two little girls from Russia and really looking forward to see them develop.

vCash
    I love all three- the two Gubanovas and Ngumanova (I had seen that performance on yt earlier).

The pairs Gubanova- the pair reminds me of Katia and Sergei in 1995 (when Katia was 14 and Sergei was 19)because of their height difference.

vCash
    I think someone posted this young lady on a different thread some time ago, and the video below looks to be a more recent competition - but I think this kid is great! If I recall correctly, someone said she was 11. Great musicality and she just makes me smile when I watch her. Her jumps look improved just since a few months ago as well. Russia has so many great kids coming up through the ranks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTYPvgF9AYE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zoe111 View Post
    I think someone posted this young lady on a different thread some time ago, and the video below looks to be a more recent competition - but I think this kid is great! If I recall correctly, someone said she was 11. Great musicality and she just makes me smile when I watch her. Her jumps look improved just since a few months ago as well. Russia has so many great kids coming up through the ranks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTYPvgF9AYE
    Lovely! I am really enjoying vids of these awesomely talented kids.

vCash
    Gubanova placed 7th at 2014 Russian Junior Nationals after skating two clean programs.

SP: 3flip/3toe, 2axel and 3loop (7th TES)
    FS: 3flip/3toe, 3lutz, 2axel, 3flip/2toe, 3loop, 3salchow, 3toe/2toe/2toe (5th TES)

For somebody 10 going on 11 years old, this is just.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Gubanova placed 7th at 2014 Russian Junior Nationals after skating two clean programs.

SP: 3flip/3toe, 2axel and 3loop (7th TES)
    FS: 3flip/3toe, 3lutz, 2axel, 3flip/2toe, 3loop, 3salchow, 3toe/2toe/2toe (5th TES)

For somebody 10 going on 11 years old, this is just.
    As is the fact that she was only 7th and 5th in TES, respectively (and 7th overall) with that content.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast