vCash

Question about deleting old messages

I could not send a PM today because I had reached my limit. I deleted only 20, and then I used a filter to delete quickly from 2007 to 2010. Now I see only 3 pages instead of the 11 had before deletion, and only 163 messages. I am still seeing "you have 728 in your folder and you are allowed 750".

Why am I seeing 728 and not 163? Did those messages get filtered out permanently but that didn't get recorded?

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    You probably still have messages in your sent mail folder. The default is to keep a copy of outgoing messages, though you can choose to un check that box.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    If you go to your profile and then to Edit Folders, you can see how many emails you have in your Inbox and Sent Items and delete everything in each folder all at once.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    I don't want to delete ALL of them; just selected ones.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I don't want to delete ALL of them; just selected ones.
    Yes, but I thought you might want to delete the entire Sent Items folder, which would free up a lot of space. Most people don't want to keep the Sent Items; they just forget the items are there.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Yes, but I thought you might want to delete the entire Sent Items folder, which would free up a lot of space. Most people don't want to keep the Sent Items; they just forget the items are there.
    I would really like to keep some of them. Some were to/from Spazactaz. I would like to read them again.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Vash - If you check the messages you want to save, then under your inbox/outbox, above "Display Options" is a button that says "Selected Messages" and if you click it, it allows you to save the PMs as text files.

vCash
    Thank you.