Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Wow, that was sad to watch. He was so slow and tentative, no wonder since most of his key joints are held together by screws. The music compilation (is it Marton again) is just Still pitches forward on the 3A, just like before his back surgery.

Why are they pushing his broken up body to do this?
    I thought he looked pretty good for his first competition of the season. The jumps looked easy. Speed and attack will come later if his body continues to hold up. He has every reason to be tentative this early on in the season.

Now, there was absolutely NOTHING in that program besides jumps, I would have given him much lower PCS scores but we know how those work and shouldn't be surprised by his scores there.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I don't know who is pushing him but the fact is, he is out there. I don't follow Russian men enough to know that "everybody wants Kovtun to take the spot." It would make the most sense though.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Practice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhKl5M4YWcY
    from 1.05'

I think it will be a great program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by anna1506 View Post
    from 1.05'

Yes. I'm sure some posters will say this isn't enough, this is empty.. They want to see second Chan. And if they see a skater, who doesn't skate like an North-American, who has different style from the North-Americans, or his choreographer isn't Wilson, Nichol will say this is empty, he hasn't choreography...

Mishin is so cute..

vCash
    I don't know who is pushing him but the fact is, he is out there. I don't follow Russian men enough to know that "everybody wants Kovtun to take the spot." It would make the most sense though.
    I dont agree with the push Kovtun has , being 5th in nationals last year, he was pretty good at Euros, blew Worlds, like the wonder girls RF burns its cards too soon, like Adelina and Tukt who are just 17 and you think they skate since ever. Cetrainly I m not sold on why Kovtun particularly could be the sole entry of men in Sochi, while Plush, Menshov and Voronov are right there to fight for the spot too. Who is pushing Menshov and Voronov to continue too?

ridin my horse named Bob
    vCash
    Plushenko looks good to go to me!!!! That snippet of footwork is already way hella better than what Chan is doing.
    PLUSHENKO YOU ARE ALWAYS THE BEST

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by immoimeme View Post
    Plushenko looks good to go to me!!!! That snippet of footwork is already way hella better than what Chan is doing.
    I like it!

vCash
    from 1.05'

Wow........he looks pretty good to me screws in all

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by immoimeme View Post
    Per time stamp this was posted before the men's free skate today at TEB...
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I love the quickness but it is a little worrisome that there is so much more counterclockwise rotation than clockwise. That could hurt the level call of the footwork.
    But it is lovely to watch.

vCash
    YEs, Patrick was fantastic yesterday.
    Last edited by lala; 11-17-2013 at 06:54 AM.

vCash
    Plushenko is looking great. I hope he will make it to Sochi and that he will have a successful Olympics. He is so much worth leaving on a high note.

ridin my horse named Bob
    vCash
    Eys. And having had some time to meditate on it, I do still think this snippet of Plushenko footwork is superior to Chan's....even in his fabulous TEB free skate. JMNSHO YMMV

vCash
    Really hope he makes it to Sochi. Will make the men's event a circus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    I actually don't think this is true. He "thinks" he's held to a different standard but that assumption cost him the Gold last time and could cost him more this time. Plus "absence does not make the heart grow fonder" when it comes to figure skating judges IMHO
    Are his scores high enough to beat Chan if Chan skates his best and cleanest programs?

Edit: needed to add a P.S. Can a "snippet of footwork" be enough to win? No.

vCash
    No he cannot beat Chan, as a matter of fact if Chan skates like in TEB nobody can beat him, that is a reason for everyone including Plushy skipping the Olympics?

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Ah, but the problem is, Chan only skates like he did at TEB when there is no pressure on him. When another competitor is pushing him, he tends to make multiple mistakes. (View all the previous discussions on Chan). There is no skater who is invincible. The Olympics have a way of playing with athlete's heads and the absolute biggest advantage Plushenko has is his experience and his competitive nature. Once he is totally comfortable being back on the ice, he will be competitive. It is a testament to many athlete's will when they overcome significant injury and "get back on the horse" as it were. Back surgery recovery isn't fun and knowing the risk of more pain when he goes into a jump is a challenge in and of itself. If he can master that, he will be competitive in Sochi.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    from 1.05'

I like the footwork, but that was the footwork sequence followed by the choreographic sequence no? It's the inbetween skating that needs more attention too, if he is just doing cross overs, and not putting transitions in in between the elements (which the both sequences are), he's going to struggle to compete with the guys that have been trying to up the ante this whole quad to keep up with the transitions Chan has.

I'd love to see Plush medal just because I think it would be incredible for a skater to medal at 4 Olympics, but I wonder if he will have enough content outside of the elements to get the scores when compared with the other top skaters.

ridin my horse named Bob
    vCash
    I have great confidence in Plushenko. I know he will do everything he can, and will, to win. I would never underestimate him.

vCash
    Plushenko has the toughest mind, but I don't think he (or anyone else) can beat Chan in Sochi. Based on his TEB performaces (SP & LP) Chan is at a whole another level from every other skater, Plushenko included, and I am one of the biggest Plushenko fans. I will be happy just to see Plushenko skate both SP & LP in Sochi and let the chips fall where they may. If he wins another silver or even a bronze, I will be thrilled.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast