Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 337
  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,469
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think it is likely he will do a Kwan at the Olympics and be replaced.

  2. #62
    Brezina's Nemesis
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,775
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3507
    Oh, no!
    I'm selling my flight and CoR tickets now, is anyone interested? The whole event now lost any appeal for me
    Who could have thought that Zhenya would skip a competition?
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,945
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ^ At least he did you a favor and skated in Sheffield

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,093
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1664
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I think it is likely he will do a Kwan at the Olympics and be replaced.
    Morning, Iceman

    I wanted to ask you a question because I'm super curious about the answer ~ why don't you like Evgeni Plushenko?

    I ask because I respect you and your opinions/posts, and have always been curious why you seem not to like him, you don't say it straight out, but rather allude to it.

    You don't have to answer, and have a right to your likes/dislikes/et al, but I hope you will answer to satisfy my visceral curiousity.

    Thank you most sincerely.

    Nadine White

  5. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    His old SS scores are not relevant to how he is skating now. In Vancouver, he was slower and has less ice coverage than other top skaters. His choreography and transitions were very sparse because he was not in a good enough physical shape to skate a program that would be more complex.

    This is even more of an issue now, given his deteriorating physical condition, as a result of numerous injuries building up all the time. Watch the Volvo Cup video. He is very slow for a skater of this standard (a skater with his past results, capable of landing 4t and all triples) and he covers hardly any ice.
    Of course Ziggy, because he didn't compete for 10 month and he was nervous, careful, and concentrated. He needs more time. I'm sure he will be incredible fast as in the past.

  6. #66
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,807
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11008
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    He lost a lot of speed and power after so many injuries, surgeries, plus he's 31 years old. Probably that's his plan to be in top shape by Olympics. If he is healthy I bet he will show more transitions, SS, etc than people think. This time probably they really studied the rules.
    I think he might add some transitions, not too many, but mainly he will skate in a way that makes the audience and judges not notice, kind of like V&T.

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Alexei Mishin: skip Grand Prix Plushenko will not create any additional difficulties http://translate.google.com/translat...e%2F12599.html

    with google translater
    -Concentrate on anything right now to work with Plushenko, given the limitations in the training process?

    - In working out the indicator transition, which is now very important for improving the configuration and maintenance of tracks , (what is this , ice coverage ?)to improve the rotation (spins). The work we have enough!

  8. #68
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    220
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I think it is likely he will do a Kwan at the Olympics and be replaced.
    I have always thought this. The spirit and heart are willing but the flesh of a 31-year old body is weak.

  9. #69
    Internet Beyotch
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    15,830
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    24455
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladola View Post
    Is it appropriate that V\T get a perfect 10 for Interpretation in Jesus christ superstar ?
    Of course. Trankov's pants should get a 10 just by themselves!
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    531
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Of course Ziggy, because he didn't compete for 10 month and he was nervous, careful, and concentrated. He needs more time. I'm sure he will be incredible fast as in the past.
    I really wish him all the best and would be happy if he actually got in a position to deserve such huge scores. In the meantime however, these marks are an utter travesty and every single judge on that panel deserves to be banished from judging ISU competitions for life. Here, Plush was -understandably- not in his best shape and skated a skeleton of a programme. Any judge to give 8+ in SS, TR or CH has shown their utter incompetence and/or lack of objectivity. How the ISU continues to tolerate such judging and does not fear that fs is thrown out of the Olympics is beyond me.

  11. #71
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzy View Post
    I really wish him all the best and would be happy if he actually got in a position to deserve such huge scores. In the meantime however, these marks are an utter travesty and every single judge on that panel deserves to be banished from judging ISU competitions for life. Here, Plush was -understandably- not in his best shape and skated a skeleton of a programme. Any judge to give 8+ in SS, TR or CH has shown their utter incompetence and/or lack of objectivity. How the ISU continues to tolerate such judging and does not fear that fs is thrown out of the Olympics is beyond me.
    As we all know, this was a B competiton, almost every opponents were children, everyone was excited, the arena was filled with Plushy fans and journalists from all over the world, who wanted to see Plush's skating after serious surgery.
    “It will be a miracle if he appears again at the Olympics. I think it does not matter in what country people live – we all love these stories.” said Mattis Shepp, a head of Der Spiegel newspaper office.
    And he did it again.
    The scores are only caused some outrage here, not there. Sometimes Chan's Carolina's scores much better discredit the ISU like this, he didn't win ECH or WCH with it. Because this was B competiton, this score didn't became Plushy's personal best scores.
    The japanese TV news http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ei3VojmChQ He is a rock star
    Last edited by lala; 11-15-2013 at 06:29 AM.

  12. #72

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,683
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    8867
    ^^^ That is alright lala. I am aware that Plushenko is God walking on water, and Chan and Carolina are devils ready to sink.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

  13. #73
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    ^^^ That is alright lala. I am aware that Plushenko is God walking on water, and Chan and Carolina are devils ready to sink.
    No Spiky. I never bashed them. But I don't think this score and race as important as if he would have received at the ECH and WCH

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,469
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Morning, Iceman

    I wanted to ask you a question because I'm super curious about the answer ~ why don't you like Evgeni Plushenko?

    I ask because I respect you and your opinions/posts, and have always been curious why you seem not to like him, you don't say it straight out, but rather allude to it.

    You don't have to answer, and have a right to your likes/dislikes/et al, but I hope you will answer to satisfy my visceral curiousity.

    Thank you most sincerely.

    Nadine White
    He's not one of my favorite skaters, although I certainly admire his many accomplishments and what he has brought to skating, but I don't dislike Him. And even though he is not one of my favorite skaters, I certainly never want to miss his skate at a competition. I've looked at his Volvo skates several times. I really don't know how to explain why one skater draws one in and becomes a fav and another doesn't. I would like to see him do his best at the Olympics, but I just think the odds are against him. Note: there are no male Russian skaters that I prefer over him that are currently skating.

  15. #75

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    318
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    57
    I agree with you,all the judges served in this panel must get an assesment,but they will not.The chair of the FSTC was present at this event,he was the controller of the senior men's event and he is from Russia,so nothing will happen.

  16. #76

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,093
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1664
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    He's not one of my favorite skaters, although I certainly admire his many accomplishments and what he has brought to skating, but I don't dislike Him. And even though he is not one of my favorite skaters, I certainly never want to miss his skate at a competition. I've looked at his Volvo skates several times. I really don't know how to explain why one skater draws one in and becomes a fav and another doesn't. I would like to see him do his best at the Olympics, but I just think the odds are against him. Note: there are no male Russian skaters that I prefer over him that are currently skating.

    Thank you most sincerely, Iceman, for replying and satisfying my curiousity. I would not ask this of anyone else, but you I respect, I have read your posts over the many many years (decade or more I think? and not just on here) and I enjoy them. Keep on posting my friend! *insert hug*

  17. #77

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Driving the Han Yan Fan Van
    Posts
    9,190
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    35499
    Quote Originally Posted by giselle23 View Post
    Plushy is going to score high on components, no matter how "empty" his program is. And even then, transitions are only one part of the components score. He will score well into the 9's on interpretation, performance and skating skills, all of which are fairly subjective. I also think he will be given high credit in Russia for transitions, regardless of how he skates. Plushy also tends to skate clean technically, unlike most everyone else. I wouldn't count him out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    If he's going to be that slow and have that little ice coverage, it would be completely inappropriate to give him 9s for Skating Skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzy View Post
    I really wish him all the best and would be happy if he actually got in a position to deserve such huge scores. In the meantime however, these marks are an utter travesty and every single judge on that panel deserves to be banished from judging ISU competitions for life. Here, Plush was -understandably- not in his best shape and skated a skeleton of a programme. Any judge to give 8+ in SS, TR or CH has shown their utter incompetence and/or lack of objectivity. How the ISU continues to tolerate such judging and does not fear that fs is thrown out of the Olympics is beyond me.
    Mazzy states it a bit strongly, but yes, many of the PCS are too high. Yes, some of these are subjective, but there are, in fact, bullet points and percentages to be met in these criteria, and he's certainly not meeting them all to the level of 8s and 9s.

    I, too, respect the guy and what he's done for the sport, as well as his endurance on the scene, and I even have enjoyed some of his programs. But he's never been my favorite and I wish (fruitlessly) that the judges would stop overscoring him.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

  18. #78

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,640
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42893
    AFP article with comments from Chan and Hanyu about Plushenko: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/chan-no...5540--oly.html
    Excerpt at the end:
    His coach Alexei Mishin added that the decision to withdraw from the Cup of Russia would not affect Plushenko's preparation for Sochi.

    "We're currently working according to our plans and this decision will not affect those plans seriously," Mishin said.

    "We are preparing for the upcoming Russian and European championships, which are the main events in our preparations for the Olympics Games."
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-16-2013 at 01:19 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  19. #79
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    30,123
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34921
    Wow, that was sad to watch. He was so slow and tentative, no wonder since most of his key joints are held together by screws. The music compilation (is it Marton again) is just Still pitches forward on the 3A, just like before his back surgery.

    Why are they pushing his broken up body to do this?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  20. #80
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,945
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ^ Who is pushing him, I thought in Russia everybody wants Kovtun to take the spot.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •