vCash

Electric Blankets

I am looking to purchase a new electric blanket and wondered what people thought about different brands. I found the Electric Blanket Institute website, which provides consumer information on Electric Blanket companies.

They don't have too much to say about Biddeford - I found one at Target but there were so-so customer reviews.

They have information on Sunbeam - which I can get at Bed, Bath and Beyond and on Amazon, but the customer reviews on Amazon range from Never ever buy this to ok, with most being so-so.

They have information SoftHeat, which they highly recommend. Amazon customers rate this blanket an average of 5 stars

Any recommendations? I know it seems a bit OTT to ask about blankets, just trying to get the best value for my money. And since we just purchased a new mattress, new bedding, new pillows trying to be as cost conscious but still getting one that will last.

vCash
    I bought a Sunbeam last year via Amazon. I like it and have no problems with it.

vCash
    Have used a Sunbeam for years..the cats and I both love it!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I can't remember the brand of mine -- I think it might be Sunbeam but I'll check when I get home. I love it though -- it warms up quickly, it's super-soft, and cozy even when it's turned off.

vCash
    I'm assuming you already use one and are trying to replace it? I just mention this because I have tried them and they don't work for me. I'm better off with a down comforter.

vCash
    yes, for the comfort of both of us. he likes it warmer and down pillows comforters cause me to sneeze/wheeze

vCash
    I have a Biddeford and really like it! (Although I don't have anything to compare it to...) But the temp control works well and it heats up well, so I like it.