vCash

phantom to ultima freestyle blade

anyone done this change over? need new blades soon but the phantom specials i have are so expensive so thinking of trying the ultima freestyle, which looks similar. are they as strong - not a little lightweight skater lol

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I wasn't in phantoms when I switched, but I do like the freestyles. Skated in them for years until I switched to a shorter blade for dance.
    Anyone seen sk8er1964 lately?

vCash
    thanks, my other option is maybe mk professional. dont need large toe pick as only doing singles now. wondering if will find sweet spot very different?

vCash
    I used MK Pros for many years. Then had Wilson Coronation Ace blades which are very similar. Both are 7-foot rocker blades.

vCash
    I have used Phantoms and hated, hated the Ultima blade line. I tried out the Freestyle. The problem is that the secondary radius--the part where the profile tightens up a bit towards the toepick--starts way back in the middle of the blade. It's not really even a true curve. Not only was my center of gravity off, there was no "there" there at the ball of the foot--just where it needs to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Ro View Post
    I have used Phantoms and hated, hated the Ultima blade line. I tried out the Freestyle.
    Same experience, but I did not go directly from Phantoms to Ultima, I was in MK dance blades in between when dance blades were popular for synchro. Hated the Ultima freestyles, tried for about a year, but gave up.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I loved my Ultima Freestyles. Like pretty much everything involving skates, it's a personal preference.