Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    Lovely what a lovely news.

You know? Almost all "Korean *Figure Skating* Fans" wrote

- So kind and gentle Croatian were.
    - Dom Sportova was comfortable and easy to enjoy
    - Loved every corner of Zagreb!!!
    - Inexpensive!!!
    - No STARBUCKS???

My wife visited Croatia last summer as a vacation and strongly recommended me to go there.
    That is lovely to hear ))
    An American living in Zagreb explained well why Starbucks goes against everything Croats love about coffee.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash

Post Press conference with Yu Na, Mikii & Liza

Comments on the performance:

KIM: I am satisfied with the result even with the mistake. I was able to focus on the performance till the end.

ANDO: I feel happy now because I did better than at the beginning of the season. My stamina was much better than in Graz , but the spins are not good enough and I need to have more speed. I have Nationals in two weeks and am feeling strong about performing even better there.

TUKTAMYSHEVA: I have to admit I am not happy with what I showed today. Three major mistakes are too much for a good score. I need to fix this before the Russian Nationals and later competitions.

Q: During the morning practice you had some problems with you elements and were approaching your coach often. What was the problem?

KIM: Yes. I had difficulty adjusting to the smaller ice here and I made several mistakes during the practice. I wanted to immediately consult and discuss my problems and mistakes with my coach. This was a good experience for me.

Q: Earlier today at Grand Prix Final Mao Asada achieved very close total score (204.02) to the one you have here. Could you please comment on that?

KIM: The Grand Prix Final was taking place almost at the same time as Golden spin, but that is a different competition, with different judges and it is more important to compare us and our skating at the same competition.

Q: Last year you also started the season late, but on NRW Trophy in Dortmund. How was that competition different for you comparing to the Golden spin?

KIM: Last year I came back after one year of rest from competition, this year I as injured and I needed to perform my programs before the Olympics. In the end - this is a good result.

Q: How is you confidence for the Olypics after winning in Zagreb?

KIM: Before I came here I did not think about the Olympics, but to finish this competition. I gave myself a mission of presenting my programs well. With training and practice I will try to get rid off the mistakes from now till the Olympics.

Q to Tuktamysheva & Ando: What do you plan to do from now till the Nationals?

TUKTAMYSHEVA: There are only two weeks so I will work on both programs. I am happy that I managed to land triple-triple combination in competition and I will work on other combinations with triples - all of them! I will try to increase my technical score.

ANDO: I need to skate a clean short program and land clean triple-triple to be at the top 3 at the Nationals. In long program I have 2axel-3toe and I have landed it well here, I also have two 3lutzes and a flip. For high technical element score I need to land everything well and have high level spins and footwork.

My short program is strong and I need to have my free skate strong as well. With all celan elements.

At the moment I cannot look forward to Sochi Olympics as I am not on the Japanese Team.

I was invited to Golden spin by the organizations in order to have a chance to skate at an international competition.

Q: Do you feel pressure about winning in Sochi?

KIM: Since I already won a gold medal in 2010, winning is not my first goal - but to finish my career beautifully. Not to make mistakes, to enjoy as much as possible.

Q: Will we see you again back in Zagreb or Croatia?

KIM: This is my second visit to Croatia. I was 1st place so many years ago as well as this time, so I made good memories in Zagreb. I know Croatia is a very popular tourist destination and I would love to visit one day.

Q for Ando: What do you want to do after your competitive skating career ends?

ANDO: I want to be a coach. Even now as a competitive skater I am sure I want to be a coach. I would like to skate in shows, not just in Japan, but around the globe, but my biggest goal is to attend the Olympics with my student.

vCash
    Thank you very much for this.

vCash
    Thanks for sharing Kosjenka. Did all three answer via translator?
    Good luck to them all!

vCash
    Yu Na had her own translator, Liza was translated buy Tamara Glad from organization, Miki spoke English and translated her question and answer form the Japanese. She is a darling

vCash
    Thanks everyone for the reports.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    I hope YuNa adds more choreography and transitions to the free program.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Thank you for the reports, people.

Can anyone kindly translate the commentary on Davidovich and Krasnopolski here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovVBsO1PKKY ?

vCash
    They are talking about sports pairs in Croatia (does that even exist?) - apparently there are 2 of them competing in juniors.
    - the commentator says Krasnopolski used to compete with Moltobano who now competes solo and has competed at the event, they comment that changing partners is often in pairs skating so it is not surprising.
    They say Krasnopolski used to compete solo and he often competed in Zagreb - Golden Bear and Mladost Trophy - where more and more skaters come from Japan, South America, South Africa....
    - she says that they (OC) received many compliments on organization of Euros and GS this year and that they ultimate goal is to host Worlds. I dont think that is going to happen any time soon.

I think the female commentator is Tamara Glad. Not sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    Thank you!

With the step-out on the double axel and hand down and maybe not as many transitions as there could be I wouldn't have gone as high as 73.37 for Yuna. But she still deserved to win (both programs for that matter) so it's all good. The Olympics will be a whole other ball game.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    They are talking about sports pairs in Croatia (does that even exist?) - apparently there are 2 of them competing in juniors.
    I hope they'll be more successful than Amy Ireland/Michael Bahoric .

vCash
    Oh, and I've noticed that Mysliveckova/Brown got 2 pts deduction for costume violation. Does anyone know what happened?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    Oh, and I've noticed that Mysliveckova/Brown got 2 pts deduction for costume violation. Does anyone know what happened?
    Only 1 point was for "costume failure", 2 points were for extended lifts. Costume "failure" (as opposed to costume violation) is when part of the costume falls onto the ice, and is taken by the referee. Costume "violation" is decided by each judge and the referee for appearance of excessive nudity, excessive theatricality, etc., and the deduction is only shown on the protocol below each judge/referee and taken from the total score when the majority of the panel takes the deduction.

ETA, in this Ice Dance document it refers to both types of deductions as "costume / prop violation" but I'm quite sure the "failure" refers to something falling off and since it wasn't shown beneath any of the judges' columns it must have been the type of deduction that is taken by the referee.
    http://www.usfsa.org/content/2013-14...20and%20FD.pdf

vCash
    Thank you, kosjenka!

I thought maybe they'd mention why he parted ways with Dani. Sadly, she ain't doing well in singles for now. Anyway I wish them all good luck.

The organization seems really nice and I wish they reach their goal of hosting Worlds, BUT what they really do need is a youtube channel with the videos of everyone who skated. Which isn't too difficult and will make the event look more classy - including that in the eyes of the potential sponsors.

vCash
    depends on the contracts the made with korean, japanese and croatian televisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RFOS View Post
    Only 1 point was for "costume failure", 2 points were for extended lifts. Costume "failure" (as opposed to costume violation) is when part of the costume falls onto the ice, and is taken by the referee. Costume "violation" is decided by each judge and the referee for appearance of excessive nudity, excessive theatricality, etc., and the deduction is only shown on the protocol below each judge/referee and taken from the total score when the majority of the panel takes the deduction.

ETA, in this Ice Dance document it refers to both types of deductions as "costume / prop violation" but I'm quite sure the "failure" refers to something falling off and since it wasn't shown beneath any of the judges' columns it must have been the type of deduction that is taken by the referee.
    http://www.usfsa.org/content/2013-14...20and%20FD.pdf
    Thanks for clarifications, I got a bit confused .
    I have to look for some photos of Mysliveckova/Brown and their costumes, maybe it'll be a hint .

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Recap of competition with photos: http://blog.europeonice.com/?eid=441
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021