Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

vCash
    After reading Akira Andrea's post I think Suguri's perspective is realistic except for her continuing to compete in Olympic eligible competition. She seems to be beating herself up unnecessarily by continuing to compete against teenagers who have more stamina. Why not compete at adult masters against former elites like Ito? She recognizes that at this point she is not going to learn harder tricks, but how is she going to achieve her goal of refining her skating when she is struggling to keep up with the ever increasing technical requirements of Olympic eligible skating?

I think that Olympic eligible skating has always been the standard and she is afraid to let it go. Otherwise she seems to be realistic. She has completed her education and she has a full-time job. She is realistic about what she can do physically as a skater as she ages.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    Why not compete at adult masters against former elites like Ito?
    I think that she had lost sight of the way to display the end of her remarkable career in glory.
    I think that your opinion which says, "Why not compete at adult masters against former elites like Ito?" is splendid proposal.
    I, too, hope she finds her final flower way outside of eligible life.

vCash
    What IS her situation outside of competitive skating? She can't be getting "support" from JSF at this stage and owing to her not being on the national team. How does she support her pursuit financially?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    How does she support her pursuit financially?
    I think that the cost of her skating life will be being kept cheaply comparatively in finance, because she doesn't participate to the oversea competition now.

She belongs to the Sunny Side Up Club of Sunny Side Up Inc. which is the sports management company now.
    According to the homepage of the said company, this company manages her.
    http://www.eggtimes.jp/people/

Another information as for the sponsor of Fumie Suguri.

According to the article in "Sports Nippon" in Japan in July 11th, 2013,
    In July 11th, Fenix Inc. of the sports wear maker released that Fumie Suguri (32) belonged to " Kappa Skating Club" which was established by "Kappa" which is the brand of the said company.
    She entered to Fenix Inc. in June 1st.

The article:
    http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/new...006196060.html

The home Page of "Kappa"
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 11-18-2013 at 08:13 AM.

vCash
    She can't be getting "support" from JSF at this stage and owing to her not being on the national team. How does she support her pursuit financially?
    Does she ever appear in any of the skating shows or tours in Japan?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    She does some charity shows but not commercial ones as she is not invited anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Andrea View Post
    Another information as for the sponsor of Fumie Suguri.

According to the article in "Sports Nippon" in Japan in July 11th, 2013,
    In July 11th, Fenix Inc. of the sports wear maker released that Fumie Suguri (32) belonged to " Kappa Skating Club" which was established by "Kappa" which is the brand of the said company.
    She entered to Fenix Inc. in June 1st.

The article:

The home Page of "Kappa"
    correction:
    The home Page of "Kappa"
    https://www.kappa.ne.jp/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    My guess is that she turns them down even though she is invited.. you know the reason..

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    she looks fabulous. isnt that what is really important?

http://ameblo.jp/fumie-suguri/

if you scroll down there is a picture of maestro foundation by giorgio armani, what are they saying about it?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    she looks fabulous. isnt that what is really important?

http://ameblo.jp/fumie-suguri/

if you scroll down there is a picture of maestro foundation by giorgio armani, what are they saying about it?
    Fumie is recommending that foundation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    My guess is that she turns them down even though she is invited.. you know the reason..
    Erm. My guess is the opposite. She doesn't get invited... for the same reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    Erm. My guess is the opposite. She doesn't get invited... for the same reason.
    But then again, you-know-who doesn't skate at all the shows in Japan either. Or perhaps she could skate in Yuna's All That Skate?! Few Japanese skaters go for another 'reason'.

vCash
    Are you guys speaking in code? I don't know the reason--am I just being dense or did I miss some sort of internal japanese lady skater catfight?

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiejie View Post
    Are you guys speaking in code? I don't know the reason--am I just being dense or did I miss some sort of internal japanese lady skater catfight?
    Fumie and Shizuka supposedly don't get along *at all* to the point where they would try to avoid skating in the same show. No idea if that's still true these days, especially since Fumie (for the most part) doesn't get invited to the same shows as Arakawa does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Fumie and Shizuka supposedly don't get along *at all* to the point where they would try to avoid skating in the same show. No idea if that's still true these days, especially since Fumie (for the most part) doesn't get invited to the same shows as Arakawa does.
    Well if you are an event organizer, would you want a Olympic and World champion who still has her jumps and a signature move? Or you know, someone who is clearly past her prime in every aspect of her skating and hasn't even competed internationally in years?

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Well if you are an event organizer, would you want a Olympic and World champion who still has her jumps and a signature move? Or you know, someone who is clearly past her prime in every aspect of her skating and hasn't even competed internationally in years?
    Well, duh. Some of Fumie's exhibitions are starting look like Lu Chen's Black Magic Woman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58pdFFpT74E) lately. Lots of sexy posing and not too much actual skating. Never been a big fan of that type of program. What I meant by bringing up the fact they would avoid skating in the same show and questioning whether or not it still held true was how much time passed since the last time I heard this happened. I figured they might have put their differences from their competitive days behind them. These days, I would think Shizuka gets top billing as a former Olympic Champ and Fumie doesn't get close to that. Figured that in and of itself would dictate the kind of shows they skate in these days, more than Shiz not wanting to be in a show with Fumie. Or is that part still true and I missed out on a newer story?

vCash
    Not getting an invitation to shows because the skater just can't put anything worth seeing out on the ice is obvious and understandable, but the implication from what I read above was that there was some reason beyond Fumie's current (in)abilities. I didn't realize the Suguri/Arakawa issue was still ongoing or that if it is, that Arakawa somehow controls all the invites to all the shows.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I look forward to the film version of "Whatever happened to Baby Fumie?"

vCash
    I wonder if we'll ever get details about what happened between Fumie and Shizuka. All I've heard is that they can't stand each other and that Shiz has more friends in Japan, while Fumie may have turned people off because she wasn't as friendly or something.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I wonder if we'll ever get details about what happened between Fumie and Shizuka. All I've heard is that they can't stand each other and that Shiz has more friends in Japan, while Fumie may have turned people off because she wasn't as friendly or something.
    Why hasn't this been turned into primetime TV drama yet?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast