Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

vCash

IN subscription for Oly season includes GP, Euros, 4CC and Worlds :)

I wasn't sure where to post this so mods can feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place.

Just got an e-mail from IN about their package for the coming season:

Enjoy all the premier events you've enjoyed in the past live and on-demand,
    including the U.S. Figure Skating Championships, World Figure Skating
    Championships, European Figure Skating Championships, Four Continents Figure
    Skating Championships, all the events comprising the Grand Prix Series and much
    more!

We're also bringing you live and on-demand coverage of the U.S. Synchronized
    Championships, U.S. International Classic and U.S. sectional championships.
    On-demand coverage will be provided for U.S. regional championships, U.S.
    synchronized sectional championships and feature figure skating specials.
    And you can add the speed skating package for another $40.

The price they are charging me is $25 b/c I'm a USFS member and current subscriber. Doesn't say what the regular price is - I think it's been $40 in the past? I can't remember if I paid $20 or $30 last year. Whatever. I'm just happy to have the GP events back!

vCash
    The subscription notice I just received said this about pricing:

As a 2012-13 Season Pass subscriber who has opted-in for auto renewal, we are writing to inform you that we will automatically renew your subscription for the 2013-14 season on or about Aug. 20 at the price of $39.95.

vCash
    Did i see right? The European championships too?

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    I wasn't sure where to post this so mods can feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place.

Just got an e-mail from IN about their package for the coming season:

And you can add the speed skating package for another $40.

The price they are charging me is $25 b/c I'm a USFS member and current subscriber. Doesn't say what the regular price is - I think it's been $40 in the past? I can't remember if I paid $20 or $30 last year. Whatever. I'm just happy to have the GP events back!
    Hmm....I'm a USFS member and the email I received has the $40 price. I guess I need to call them.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Just got my email notice...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Hmm....I'm a USFS member and the email I received has the $40 price. I guess I need to call them.
    Strangely enough I was NOT a USFS member last year (I am now) and my renewal notice notice mentioned the member price.

vCash
    Got mine with the $39.95 renewal price. Office was already closed (phone), so I have emailed them asking for the $25 rate.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Does anybody know if there is a way of getting NBC's coverage of all the events via some online subscription?

I'll probably go with IN because it's very convenient but sometimes I just want some Sandra Bezic input

Yay! So excited for the season to commence. Here's to watching NHK again at 3am live my time!

vCash
    Oh! Also, the package doesn't include the Oly's does it?

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lahaa968 View Post
    I think NBC streamed all of the 2012 Summer Olympics for free on its website, so I'm hoping they'll do the same in 2014.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Does anybody know if there is a way of getting NBC's coverage of all the events via some online subscription?

I'll probably go with IN because it's very convenient but sometimes I just want some Sandra Bezic input

Yay! So excited for the season to commence. Here's to watching NHK again at 3am live my time!
    The answer is no to both questions. NBC has exclusive rights to the Olympics. They will spread them out over their other stations (Universal Sports, NBC sports, MSNBC etc.) but they won't make them available to IN. It's possible skating would be available later on demand, but I doubt that. The issue for us in NA will be timing if you want to watch in real time as NBC will save what they consider high demand events for their prime time coverage which will be 8-9 hours delayed depending on where you live. It's possible there will be other online feeds available from other countries (I think we watched a lot from Bulgaria during 2010), but nobody will know that until the event starts. Also those feeds are subject to being shut down. Personally, I'll see if TVTeka is going to offer the events and pay for a 3 month subscription to them. I'll want to watch Russian Nationals in any event and they may be a way to watch in real time. Otherwise, people should plan to stay off FSU if they don't want to be spoiled.

The summer Os weren't free unless you were a DirectTV subscriber.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    It's possible there will be other online feeds available from other countries (I think we watched a lot from Bulgaria during 2010), but nobody will know that until the event starts.
    Come on Latvia! Don't let me down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    The answer is no to both questions. NBC has exclusive rights to the Olympics. They will spread them out over their other stations (Universal Sports, NBC sports, MSNBC etc.) but they won't make them available to IN. It's possible skating would be available later on demand, but I doubt that. The issue for us in NA will be timing if you want to watch in real time as NBC will save what they consider high demand events for their prime time coverage which will be 8-9 hours delayed depending on where you live. It's possible there will be other online feeds available from other countries (I think we watched a lot from Bulgaria during 2010), but nobody will know that until the event starts. Also those feeds are subject to being shut down. Personally, I'll see if TVTeka is going to offer the events and pay for a 3 month subscription to them. I'll want to watch Russian Nationals in any event and they may be a way to watch in real time. Otherwise, people should plan to stay off FSU if they don't want to be spoiled.

The summer Os weren't free unless you were a DirectTV subscriber.
    I got the summer Os online as a Comcast subscriber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Skatefan View Post
    I got the summer Os online as a Comcast subscriber.
    Me, too. But I wonder if they will be more strict this time around and demand online viewers be US/DirecTV customers. Except NBC plans to televise events on its main network, so why should they care?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Me, too. But I wonder if they will be more strict this time around and demand online viewers be US/DirecTV customers. Except NBC plans to televise events on its main network, so why should they care?
    I don't think that Universal Sports shows much of the olympics. I don't get it anymore so I don't know this for sure.

vCash
    I didn't get an email at all, and I had subscribed to IN last season. I was very disappointed with the lack of coverage and had notified them of my dissatisfaction. Could it be that's the reason for not receiving an email from them?

Considering how poor the coverage by our US media was in the last Olympics, I may even take a chance on IN this time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Considering how poor the coverage by our US media was in the last Olympics, I may even take a chance on IN this time.
    Don't subscribe to IceNetwork just in hopes they will show skating from the Olympics. There is no indication that they will do so.

They list the ISU and USFS events they plan to cover live and/or on demand. If you want to watch those, then you should subscribe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I didn't get an email at all, and I had subscribed to IN last season. I was very disappointed with the lack of coverage and had notified them of my dissatisfaction. Could it be that's the reason for not receiving an email from them?
    I doubt it, but you should contact them and ask: http://web.icenetwork.com/help/contact.jsp

ETA an article about NBC not using YouTube for live streaming Sochi Olympic events, like they did for London 2012: http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Jou...-YouTube.aspx?
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-13-2013 at 04:10 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash

IN $ubscription

As a 2012-13 Season Pass subscriber who has opted-in for auto renewal, we are writing to inform you that we will automatically renew your subscription for the 2013-14 season on or about Aug. 20 at the price of $39.95. By choosing the auto renewal option, you get the same subscription price as last year, a savings of more than $10 off the regular 2013-14 Season Pass price.
    Did anyone else get this in their subscription notice? This suggests that regular subscription price for first time folks is actually $49!

If the price keeps going up, pretty soon I won't be able to afford it anymore.

vCash
    [QUOTE=gkelly;3972750]Don't subscribe to IceNetwork just in hopes they will show skating from the Olympics. There is no indication that they will do so.

They list the ISU and USFS events they plan to cover live and/or on demand. If you want to watch those, then you should subscribe.[/QUOTE]

Those are the events I had subscribed for last year, for the $39.95 that was supposed to cover that. They showed hardly anything while it was live. It was pointless to watch after it had appeared on yt. I was disgusted.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast